TheBlackDragons
06-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Mines the Dragon

Cody
06-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Rooster

Just a Guy
06-17-2004, 02:17 PM
I could be mistaken, but I believe you're in the wrong forum. You need to go up one level and go to "Kung Fu Forum." This forum, weakly moderated as it is, is intended for discussion of southern arts.

TheBlackDragons
06-17-2004, 04:49 PM
guy i totally did not realize where i was at i thought i was on the moon or maybe mars

you have been such a help

i hope it lets you sleep better tonight

oh yeah 7 star is not a weak moderator

:cool:

Cody
06-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Didn't make any sense to me. I just crowed. ROFL

this day is for the birds.

Cody

Fu-Pow
06-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Dragon too.

'76 is the year of the fire dragon too.

David
06-18-2004, 01:26 AM
I'm a metal pig :cool:

SevenStar
06-18-2004, 05:27 AM
snake - 1977.

It's not weakly moderated at all. However, I work, train and moderate the main forum, so I handle things as I can.

My main job here was accomplished months ago - stopping all you southern guys from fighting and arguing over lineage and various other BS.

BD is trying to learn more about his southern brothers. when you are at work, do you only discuss work? I thought not. There are people here who do not post on the main forum, so If he's specifically wanting to hear from fellow southern stylists, this is the place for him to be.

This thread will remain here.

you guys need some type of discussion anyway - this forum has been quite dead since I put an end to all the name calling. There's still activity, but nowhere near as much.

Cody
06-18-2004, 06:26 AM
SevenStar,

Points well taken and appreciated.

Cody

David Jamieson
06-18-2004, 12:00 PM
knewt

When given special knewt food, I explode into a 10 foot tall bad@ss knewt who can drink like your mom and cuss like a sailor!

beware, the knewt!

enter the knewt and return of the knewt are all well known Knewt movies that explore the depths of knewt killing prowess.

watch as teh little knewt himself takes out Chuck Norris in Italy! It's all true! every stitch of it...

oh and...a word about astrology (http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=astrology)
cheers :D

SevenStar
06-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Cody,

Thanks. Nice tag under your screenname - I love that song.

Cody
06-19-2004, 02:15 PM
imagining having drops of Jupiter in my hair, and lovin' it!

Cody

Bao Jong
06-20-2004, 09:18 AM
"I'm a leetul piggy heres my snout. Oink Oink Oink, Oink Oink Oink" - Eric Cartman.
- Bao ;)

GeneChing
06-22-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm a dragon. What? Southerner's don't have horoscopes? Good for sticking to your guns, sevenstar.

BTW, you do all know that we do
Chinese horoscopes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/index.php) specifically cast for martial artists. Even southerners :p

dutch
06-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Wood Snake - 1965

SevenStar
07-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I'm a dragon. What? Southerner's don't have horoscopes? Good for sticking to your guns, sevenstar.

BTW, you do all know that we do
Chinese horoscopes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/index.php) specifically cast for martial artists. Even southerners :p

"Snakes in 2004 - Wood Monkey: Perhaps doing things with such a straight forward attitude isn’t the best tactic. That approach might bring conflict, or even a legal action, when a peaceful solution is far more desirable. Don’t get trapped.
Pros: Advanced study, writing and publishing.
Cons: Nerve, bone and tendon injuries."

coincidentally (or not?) I had a strained meniscus this year from training.

Judge Pen
07-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Tiger: January 24, 1975

This Tiger is looking at 30 soon. :mad:

SifuAbel
07-01-2004, 10:55 PM
what else................

SifuAbel
07-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
"Snakes in 2004 - Wood Monkey: Perhaps doing things with such a straight forward attitude isn’t the best tactic. That approach might bring conflict, or even a legal action, when a peaceful solution is far more desirable. Don’t get trapped.
Pros: Advanced study, writing and publishing.
Cons: Nerve, bone and tendon injuries."

coincidentally (or not?) I had a strained meniscus this year from training.

I sprained an mcl.

blkice31
07-20-2004, 05:04 AM
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just started learning Hung Gar (Taiwanese style). Into my 3rd month of training. I love it! Just to let everyone know, I'm a metal dog. Take care!

GeneChing
07-20-2004, 10:20 AM
You know it's funny, when we first started working with master Sun, we didn't quite know what to do with him. He had a lot of knowledge, obviously, but Feng Shui and Kung Fu was a reach for many of our readers. He did an odd crystal article, which I wasn't too fond of. I worked with him to do a series on Feng Shui for the Kung Fu School, which was relevant I felt. It was all about the correct way to set up your kung fu studio, for good feng shui. That ran across our March (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=111), April (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=113), May (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=115) and June (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=117) issues of 2000. Of course, once we'd covered the 8 directions, we were done with that. Then we got him focused on doing horoscopes using the Chinese zodiac - something seldom seen in English, which is kinda funny when you think that every newspaper runs a western horoscope. It was novel, but at first he was always talking about romance or how you were going to have diarrhea all month. We emphasized more training and health issues. For me, it was a bit a of a quirky feature, because I'm pretty skeptical about feng shui, but fun to translate because I learned a lot about Chinese culture. Then he started to nail stuff. He called a shoulder injury I had two years ago in his predictions. The most uncanny was when he predicted the start of the war within a few hours several months before it occured (and that was on Chinese TV). Anyway, I'm still skeptical about feng shui, but I've grown to respect Master Sun over the years. I'd beleive him before I would beleive Minerva.

David Jamieson
07-20-2004, 03:00 PM
some feng shui stuff is way to esoteric for me, but a lot of it makes sense inasmuch as it is directions for setting up space that is calming and embues positive attributes from your perceptions of your external surroundings.

It's like the difference between living in a dump and living in a clean and tidy house on the most simplistic level. Not having dead space, being form and function together and myriad other positives.

But in regard to warding off demons? Or building positive chi flow in inanimate objects... well, that's a stretch even for me. :p

But I might change my mind as I get older and experience more.

cheers

blooming lotus
07-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TheBlackDragons
Mines the Dragon

wood cat / hare ....'75......

dammed dragons taking over the forum ;) :p

David Jamieson
07-20-2004, 06:48 PM
no worries and remember, Dragons are the only animal that aren't real...

whoooshhhhh, he disappears...

HiddenShadow
07-20-2004, 10:52 PM
wood rat in '84 ....the most glamorous of all the Chineese horoscope animals :D

blooming lotus
07-21-2004, 03:07 AM
I was nearly going to say except for the wood cat, but I think you can just go ahead and take that title yourselves :p :D

GeneChing
07-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Dragons are the only animal that aren't real speak for yourself, Kung! You know, I was chipping at Feng shui for a while, just when it was starting to get trendy. I figured I could hoodwink as many new-agers as the next feng shui master, and do it in English. Mostly I thought it was bunk - actually I still do - just a little ergonomic and interior design, justified by arcane symbology. Wilson Sun has changed my opinion on the whole field and I now recognize that there are some genuine masters.

So BL's a cat, eh? Should have figured. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.

David Jamieson
07-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I now recognize that there are some genuine masters.

Beware the geomancers! They will mess with your chi flow. :p

Recently there was a big hubbub here in the T dot because of a visting Buddhist Feng Shui master. He was a monk as well.

Practically every Chinese person in teh city wanted time with the guy. He was a real big deal to the community.

Bagua mirror sales skyrocketed that day and the street merchants were all in the mahjong houses that night, all night.

the clacking of tiles and shouts of "Mah Jong!!" could be heard clear to Etobicoke.

It's all good and they really do know how to do interior design. Which for me is a really interesting aspect of it. Ancient interior designers.... hmmmm

blooming lotus
07-29-2004, 05:32 PM
speak for yourself, Kung! You know, I was chipping at Feng shui for a while, just when it was starting to get trendy. I figured I could hoodwink as many new-agers as the next feng shui master, and do it in English. Mostly I thought it was bunk - actually I still do - just a little ergonomic and interior design, justified by arcane symbology. Wilson Sun has changed my opinion on the whole field and I now recognize that there are some genuine masters.

So BL's a cat, eh? Should have figured. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.

plllrrrrrrrrr...........lol..just bear in mind .acat from another province is a hare.......hard to bag, hard to keep up with and almost as elusive as a dragon ;) :D :p

Hermes3X
07-29-2004, 09:20 PM
earth horsie

Starchaser107
07-29-2004, 10:11 PM
wood snake

GeneChing
10-01-2004, 04:52 PM
check out what winter has in store for you. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/index.php)

blooming lotus
10-02-2004, 12:35 AM
1975 hare, no pros for comming period, but I'm going to run into my prospective husband???! ...well there's a good laugh right there........:rolleyes:

and a link about eating for your hemisphere, sign and weather ... uya know : the southern hemesphere really does exist and ppl live there !!!!!!!....you got any chinese astrological eating advice for the forgotten sthners????

I dig that section!!! ;)

B

TenTigers
10-02-2004, 03:06 PM
1957 I'm a ****. c-word for Rooster
Hey, I been called worse.

Shadow Skill
10-03-2004, 11:16 AM
metal monkey 1980

SimonM
10-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Fire Ram.

blooming lotus
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
fire ram???!!!

they are not even from the same astro system!!!????? :confused:

Ps: that'd be like a mars western sign meets chinese .. what are meeting here??? :confused: :confused:

don't worry , triple mars, hare / rabbit so I totally understand ! ;)

( :confused: wt........????)

:D :D ;) :cool:

Serpent
10-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
don't worry , triple mars, hare / rabbit so I totally understand ! ;)

( :confused: wt........????)

:D :D ;) :cool:
You obviously don't understand. Fire Ram - 1967 most likely. Ram, sheep, ewe - all the same in Chinese horoscope.

GeneChing
10-04-2004, 05:26 PM
You're going to double your post count if you keep making those BL corrections. You'll double it in no time...;)

Serpent
10-04-2004, 05:29 PM
LOL. It's a personal crusade. We all have our crosses to bear!

Besides, SevenStar has taken my top spot and I aim to take it back! ;)

SimonM
10-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Off by a few years, 1979. Every source I have seen pegs that as fire ram. (I refuse to call myself a sheep :D )

Serpent
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
1979 is Earth Ram, not Fire, according to my sources. I'm no astrologist, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

And you are a sheep whether you like it or not! ;)

blooming lotus
10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
You obviously don't understand. Fire Ram - 1967 most likely. Ram, sheep, ewe - all the same in Chinese horoscope.

they don't even have rams in chinese astrology , pedantic when it suits :rolleyes:

Serpent
10-04-2004, 09:32 PM
they don't even have rams in chinese astrology , pedantic when it suits :rolleyes:
FFS, bl, are you determined to continuously refuse to learn anything?! In Chinese astrology they do have a Ram. They have a ram, a goat, a sheep, a ewe <-- These are all considered the same in Chinese Astrology. Different people will pick a different one, but they all represent the same thing.

Do we have any kindergarten teachers here that might be able to simplify this to a level that bl can understand?

:rolleyes:

SimonM
10-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Serpent: Earth would actually make more sense than fire, it is possible that my sources were incorrect since I can't quite even recall what they were initially.

Blooming Lotus: The information regarding the animal is much easier to come across than the corresponding element. I have seen it as Ram, Sheep and Goat. I prefer using the term Ram. You claim to be a buddhist, don't be so attached to what you think you know.

Serpent
10-04-2004, 11:31 PM
:)

blooming lotus
10-05-2004, 01:30 AM

I can zen on it, and by the way, I just picked up my own contract to teach kindergarten in Taiyuan, so for those that don't understand, call it whatever you like and Bl's just going to agree with you and give you a jelly bean ....... and if you're real good a golden star.

let it go ha :rolleyes:

Buddy
10-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Blewme:
"I can zen on it, and by the way, I just picked up my own contract to teach kindergarten in Taiyuan, "

I thought you were desperate to leave the country? What are you going to theach them-how to mangle the English language? When are you going to 'zen on' raising your own child?

tug
10-05-2004, 11:34 AM
:confused:

I'm pretty sure I'm a dog (1970), but not sure what element. Can anyone here advise?

I used to think being a dog was a**, but I'm starting to believe/tell myself that it's not so bad. I mean, dogs are loyal, right? Protective, intelligent, understanding.

--but they also slobber, bark, p*** on the street, so I'm still not completely convinced.

GeneChing
10-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Your element is metal - see here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/horo_dog.php).

Sang Feng Fan
10-05-2004, 05:12 PM
By birth: Wood, Dragon. 1964

If life begins at conception: Water, Hare. 1963

Serpent
10-06-2004, 12:08 AM

I can zen on it, and by the way, I just picked up my own contract to teach kindergarten in Taiyuan, so for those that don't understand, call it whatever you like and Bl's just going to agree with you and give you a jelly bean ....... and if you're real good a golden star.

let it go ha :rolleyes:
Meditate on what? You were wrong. I corrected you. Again.

Just accept it and say thank you.

tug
10-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Wow, thanks Mr. Ching!

(a metal dog...what can I do with that?)

Ok, so metal like a transformer dog, or just a statue like thing?

(gonna have to figure that out myself and get back to you)

GeneChing
10-07-2004, 09:29 AM
...there is a small amount of error built into finding out your Chinese horoscope. The Chinese lunar year does not map directly upon our gregorian calendar, which is why Chinese new year is celebrated sometime in January or February. So, if you're born early in the year, you may actually be the sign in the previous year. I can look that up if any of you are uncertain.

Tug: FYI, some people will also translate metal as gold, so you can think of yourself as a gold dog, if you like.

South Paw
10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Water Dragon - Jan. 1953

MasterKiller
10-07-2004, 11:00 AM
...there is a small amount of error built into finding out your Chinese horoscope. The Chinese lunar year does not map directly upon our gregorian calendar, which is why Chinese new year is celebrated sometime in January or February. So, if you're born early in the year, you may actually be the sign in the previous year. I can look that up if any of you are uncertain.

Tug: FYI, some people will also translate metal as gold, so you can think of yourself as a gold dog, if you like. My B-day is Dec 29 1972....does that change my sign from Water Rat (hopefully :D )?

sean_stonehart
10-07-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm a Earth Chicken born on Day of Brown Dog in the Month of Black Chicken....

according to these people...

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/YourSign.htm

Cody
10-07-2004, 12:57 PM
ah, okay. I looked at that website. I know I'm a Wood Rooster. Sounds sufficient to me.
Not so! My reading follows: "You are Black Rat, born in the year of Green Chicken. The first character to DAY represents you. We can say you are a Water Rat, too."

They want to add any other rats to the chicken stew?

I'm one perplexed chicken,
Cody

GeneChing
10-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure how the colors figure in - I'm guessing that it's representative of the elements. FWIW, I can calculate for days like Feb. 30th, so it's based on some weird algorithm.

SP: Good example - 1953 shifts to snake on Feb 13.

MK: Sorry, it doesn't change from rat to ox until Feb. 3 1973. Rats are good though - 1st sign in the zodiac and for good reason.

Cody
10-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Yes, there was talk of elements. I thought that Wood Rooster would take care of that. lol shrug. thanks, Gene.

Cody

Broken Wing
10-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm a dirt (Earth) Monkey:D ;)