PDA

View Full Version : Peace for Mantis sake!

German Bai Lung
06-18-2004, 05:47 AM
It was NOT my sake to bring a private dispute to this very nice forum!

Now some more people from Germany joined and are willing to share their views of some "Masters" of Praying Mantis.

I think (and I hope you understand that) itīs enough of the dispute and we all should go on to share some friendly posts about what this forum is about: Praying Mantis, itīs techniques, history and benefits!

Hua Lin Laoshi
06-18-2004, 06:18 AM
Opinions are fine, especially if potential students want to know about a school or teacher, but they can pm for the details. We don't need to get dragged down with slander, finger pointing, and other dirty politics on a public forum.

MantisCool
06-18-2004, 09:15 PM
I agreed with German Bailung that enough is enough.

Every sifu is qualified in his own right. A person would not become a sifu if he is not enthusiatic and have sound knowledge of his kungfu.

If a person has become a sifu, it shows that he has put a lot of sweat, time and effort in it, if not in the past than it is in the present and the future.

piotrj
06-19-2004, 12:26 AM
hi,
first i dont want to defend or attack anyone. i just can't agree with this kind situations when some people use internet giving some negative opinions under no name nicks. for example they write that someone have no fighting skills - ok are they check this in fight with him and then write? of course not. it is just bla bla internet warriors. if someone write - this man is not ok because he change something, or do something wrong in position x on foto. so what? if you can't accept this, tell this to him on priv. this all internet-kungfu-political-games have one simply answer: "mo' money. his kungfu is not a kungfu. come to me i have good kungfu!!!". just more students=more money.
i understand this is a kind of buisness, no problem. but WU DE is important too. dignity, straightforwardness, modesty - in my opinion it is gongfu. master YU was telling: "skills are in heart and fists not in mouth"... sorry maybe my opinion is not polite, but i cant accept this stupid internet wars. we should be proud of practising tang lang quan - we are family... peaceable family i hope

ursa major
06-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by piotrj
... we should be proud of practising tang lang quan - we are family... peaceable family i hope

Now that is the best thing that I've read in a long time.

Regards,
UM.

mantis108
06-19-2004, 01:15 PM
I hold myself partially responsible for upsetting the harmony of this community. For that I am truely sorry. I feel I should say my peace as well. I stress the point that my sharing of information and material on public forum(s) is not for self promotional purposes. I am very fortunate that my work has been recognized by quite a few people in this and other community.

I invited criticism which I think it is a fair and open process. It is my turn to get the critiques. I have gotten both possitive and negative ones. The majority of these are constructive. I would like to take this oppotunity to thank those who have contributed to my reality check regardless. BTW, I don't hold those negative statements about me personal. I believe everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

I believe that Kung Fu should be an open process in this day and age for it to make a difference in an otherwise indifferent world. In the last few years, I have grown exponentially with the help of many knowledgable individuals who are passionate about the Tanglang pugilistic art. The possitive benefits overweights the negativity in sharing online. I believe that possitivity, open mind, along with good faith are the keys in acquiring knowledge that is the nournishment of personal growth. The internet sharing experience to me equates to endless possibility. We shouldn't be discouraged by negativity of a few and the sharing must go on for the sake of the majority.

It is unfortunate that conservative negativities (conservative could sometimes be possitive too) have filled some people's mind. I can see clearly why the hope of bringing an assembly of all styles PM people together in the west is a difficult and daunting task. I don't think anybody can fill their already full cup. It is unforunate but negativity is only going to attract in kinds. It is a choice and very personal one for that matter. I wish them good luck in their endeavours. Meanwhlie, let's look pass this and move on to more possitive sharing.

Sincerely,

Robert Hui (Mantis108)