PDA

View Full Version : Eyes Colors?

Yaksha
06-18-2004, 07:25 PM
When I train very seriously, my eyes change colors! Well, maybe not my eyes, but the area around my eyes becomes darkly colored - as if I was wearing eye shadow or something.

It happens especially when I train with a focused intent to destroy and kill with effeciency. It just looks dark around my eyes.

Its very wierd. Maybe its some nifty human defense I've never heard of or something. Armadillos have shells and claws, maybe humans eye sockets darken when they get dead serious.

Its not the lighting, because I've inspected it up close under the same lighting and posture before and after training. Its the skin itself that changes tint to a bluish black.

Its kind of wierd, so I was wondering in anyone else has noticed anything like that?
Or has heard of anything?
What does that mean?
This is a new one on me.

:confused:

looking_up
06-20-2004, 05:15 PM
This is not healthy.

Yaksha
06-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by looking_up
This is not healthy.

What makes you say that?

Judge Pen
06-21-2004, 06:23 AM
My eyes change color slightly depending on my mood. I think some eyes just do this.

MasterKiller
06-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
My eyes change color slightly depending on my mood. I think some eyes just do this. Yeah, some Satan eyes.....:eek:

Tak
06-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Its not the lighting, because I've inspected it up close under the same lighting and posture before and after training. Its the skin itself that changes tint to a bluish black.
Mine do this too, but usually it's when I get punched in that eye during training...

My eyes change color slightly depending on my mood. I think some eyes just do this.
My eyes seem to do this also.

herb ox
06-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Brother Yaksha,

In TCM, dark rings around the eyes are generally considered indicative of kidney yin deficiency, which can have serious consequences.

Make sure you are not over-exerting yourself during your most intense workouts. Are you training your internal gung as well to counteract the depleting effects of intense external workouts? Overheating your body during such a focused workout may diminish your essential kidney fluids.

Another thought is of the visualizations involved with your workout "with a focused intent to destroy and kill with effeciency" may affect your Shen (spirit) which is also reflected in the eyes and face.

Or, it may simply be that you are actively keeping your eyes open or squinting when you are most focued, somehow drawing more blood to that area and leading to the congestion that reveals itself as "rings" around the eyes.

Just some thoughts. Certainly an interesting issue!

peace

herb ox

Judge Pen
06-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Yeah, some Satan eyes.....:eek:

And your point is. . . ? It's part of the job.

Repulsive Monkey
06-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Its so obvious its unhealthy becasue darkening around the eyes in TCM is a text book sign of Kidney deficiency, and with your defiling intent to kill it totally backs it up.

I would re-examine your training intentions if I were you and decide exactly why your mind set is causing your health to go down hill.

The other obvious symptom is that as rightly mentioned there is possible Kidney Yin xu going on here but it also may be coupled with Liver Yin xu too, as the Liver when over exerted has an effect on the eyes.
Watch out big time as Liver and Kidney Yin xu is the classic formula for the beginings of Hypertension and raised blood pressure problems.
By letting anger ("Killing!") force the body to work over its normal limit it causes the Liver qi to stagnate and dry out body fluids too much hence the Yin deficiency, but as well as that it causes the Kidney Yin to dry up too, causing general weakness in the body, a definite sign of training too hard in the wrong way. You are just weakening your body and letting anger give you the false impression of increased force, this too is another sly trick that Yin Xu plays on the bodies energy.

Next thing you know you'll be running on empoty heat.

Yaksha
07-07-2004, 05:00 PM
I do not know if I would define it as anger, but there is a violent aspect of cynicism to it.

I have since settled down in my training, moving more towards the tender chi kung aspects and residual dark color around my eyes has gone away.

I do believe that the two of you have made an accurate assessment. What should I do to find out more on the subject so that I won't jepordize myself again?

herb ox
07-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Brother Yaksha,

May I recommend an excellent book which provides an overview of Chinese medicine.

"The Web Has No Weaver" by Kaptchuk, Ted

It's available at Amazon.com, of course. But you may find a copy at your local used book store. Got my copy for $2 and it's been a constant reference companion over the years. The basic concepts are covered in an easy to understand format, as well as more detailed descriptions of the more obscure aspects of TCM. This text is used as an introductory textbook for many acupuncture programs.

Good luck and glad to hear you're "tenderizing" your qigong :p

peace

herb ox

blooming lotus
07-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by herb ox
Brother Yaksha,

In TCM, dark rings around the eyes are generally considered indicative of kidney yin deficiency, which can have serious consequences.

Make sure you are not over-exerting yourself during your most intense workouts. Are you training your internal gung as well to counteract the depleting effects of intense external workouts? Overheating your body during such a focused workout may diminish your essential kidney fluids.

Another thought is of the visualizations involved with your workout "with a focused intent to destroy and kill with effeciency" may affect your Shen (spirit) which is also reflected in the eyes and face.

Or, it may simply be that you are actively keeping your eyes open or squinting when you are most focued, somehow drawing more blood to that area and leading to the congestion that reveals itself as "rings" around the eyes.

Just some thoughts. Certainly an interesting issue!

peace

herb ox

I quite like this comment............that explains alot.........when you get angry your body temp rises,. It would also explain why when I'm in a particulary good my lighten to green. nice plain english...cheers

Glimmer
07-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Interesting thread.

I'm curious, I have always had different coloured eyes - does his signify anything in tcm or are there any cultural beliefs associated with it?

A gypsy once told me it means i have increased 'evil eye' capabilities - but i don't generally pay heed to the word of a gypsy;)

herb ox
07-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Glimmer -

Is the evil eye when you kinda squint at someone in disgust? I've always wondered...

As for your different eyes, how are they different? Does your iris have a different color than usual? Or is the surrounding conjuntiva (eye white) tinged with color?

peace

'erb ox

Glimmer
07-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Heh..I don't have a clue what the evil eye is - perhaps just a cold-ass stare meant as a curse? I don't know, perhaps it is known as sun dar in cma.

I have one green and one blue eye - pupil colour. On a different note, i do occasionally get a slightly irritating twitch on the top left part of one of my eyes - anything in tcm that might aid me here? General massage around the eye points seems to help.

pest
07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
The color part of my eye changes often, in and out of training. Alot probally has to do with light but generally my eyes are blueish grey. On a few occasions they were a rather deep green with yellow specks.

~Pest