PDA

View Full Version : Praying Mantis...Xingyi

blackmantis
06-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I am soon to start learning Xingyi. I am 16 and have practised Mantis Style for a while and intend to carry it on. Does anyone have any advice for me as someone new to Xingyi?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

S

Thundermudd
06-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Patience;)

SPJ
06-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Agreed.

Assumming the San Ti Shi posture.

Pi, Beng, Zhuan, Pao, Heng.

8 character's Gong.

12 animal forms.

Xing Yi staff, Dao, and Jian.

Patience, patience and patience.

:cool:

CD Lee
06-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Cannot stess enough....patience!!!

Trust your instuctors. Xingyi is NOT a group of movements and techniques. It is a way to move and use your body as a weapon. It is devastating when learned properly.

Best of luck

steve7mantis
07-04-2004, 09:36 AM
i agree with whats said alraedy patience is of utmost importance. im in the same boat, i have been training mantis for about 5 years and have just started hsing-i about 6 months ago under Sifu Mark Stapleton in Ireland. i found that many things which became natural to me in mantis like the kwas, are the hardest thing to get out of using, especially in the 5 elements routine. what im always told is to think about punching with your hips in hsing-i, do not lead with the arms, you want he whole body to move together to create the destructive power that hsing-i can produce. good luck with the training, the benefits will come to you sooner rather than later if your........ patient. ha ha.