PDA

View Full Version : Power bomb in a real fight

IronFist
06-20-2004, 11:17 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-3/84379/up0038.mpeg

DragonzRage
06-21-2004, 01:45 AM
quinton jackson is a scary scary man! I've never seen anyone get slammed so hard from a triangle attempt.

SevenStar
06-21-2004, 01:58 AM
I rewound that for several minutes after pride was over - he's definitely the slam king. He's not the only one though, did you catch randleman suplexing fedor?

DragonzRage
06-21-2004, 02:07 AM
The only part of this Pride I've seen is the clip in this thread. But I did hear that Randleman had Fedor under a lot of pressure before Fedor managed to take him out. Sounds like this was a great Pride, even tho I really wanted to see Crocop vs Fedor or Crocop vs Nog. But ******, Randleman just HAD TO knock Mirko out in the first round and ruin it for me :mad:

SevenStar
06-21-2004, 02:56 AM
It was beautiful. Fedor is lucky he wasn't hurt - he landed right on his neck.

All in all, it was a good event with plenty of action. Sak and Yoshida both made good showings as well as the competitors in the tournament.

FatherDog
06-21-2004, 10:57 AM
I saw the whole thing last night - pretty good show.

Rampage is definitely the slam king. He had Arona's head about nine feet in the air.

Randleman probably garaunteed himself another fight in Pride, even in defeat - he really came out and went after Fedor, and that slam was unbelievable. He didn't even level change to suplay him, just whipped him over his head. I was amazed Fedor was alive, let alone able to reverse him.

Ogawa has the GnP ability of a five year old girl.

Schembri's standup has definitely improved since he started training with Chute Box, but it wasn't good enough.

Mark Hunt did way better than I expected him to.

IronFist
06-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Too bad none of them have astral spies. :)

kungfu cowboy
06-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Yip Man could take the lot of them. Its all about technique.

SevenStar
06-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog

Mark Hunt did way better than I expected him to.

I definitely second that - he made a good show.

cerebus
06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
And how in H E L L was Fedor NOT paralyzed from the neck down after that suplex?! His Chiropractor must've been grinning and figuring out how many new Porsches the work from THAT would pay for. :eek:

CaptinPickAxe
06-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Dam! that was sweet.
I can't wait for the 'Stone Cold Stunner' to be put to use now:p

Chang Style Novice
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Okay, so there's some risk associated with the triangle, that much is clear (I remember Carlos Newton getting hosed much the same way a couple years ago.)

So, the question for the grapploids out there is - how do you trichoke someone safely? What did these guys do wrong that got 'em kayed the f out?

FatherDog
06-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Okay, so there's some risk associated with the triangle, that much is clear (I remember Carlos Newton getting hosed much the same way a couple years ago.)

So, the question for the grapploids out there is - how do you trichoke someone safely? What did these guys do wrong that got 'em kayed the f out?

The best solution is to grab their legwith your free arm as they begin to posture up - they have to bring their legs close enough for you to grab in order to have the leverage to lift you. If you watch the Bustamante/Jackson match, you see him do that to block Jackson's first slam attempt - then he lets go to try to fix his armbar, and Jackson takes the opportunity to slam him.

In Arona's case, Jackson whipped him into the air too quickly for him to even think about getting the leg - he should have released the triangle and dropped his legs down, or failing that, done what Fedor did and tucked his chin to take the impact on his back/shoulders instead of head/neck. (If you watch carefully, you can also see Fedor doing a breakfall slap with his free arm)

Or, more intelligently, he shouldn't have gone for a triangle on a guy that's slammed his way out of every triangle he's ever been put in.