PDA

View Full Version : [shudder]

Vyvial
06-21-2004, 06:17 AM
i get ****ed everytime I come to this forum. Can there be this many uneducated, close-minded people training kung fu? yeah flame all you want but thank you you to Old Jong, Yuen Fen, Phil Redmond, KJ and a few others i can't think of right now. thank you you guys for level-headed intelligent posts, i wish mine were done as well...

And thank you to all the people who come on here and ask serious questions and sorry for all the people who just attack your posts and point of view and say you don't know anything and that your sifu sucks even though you have only been doing WC for a month or so.... please people respect those innocent questions and try to remember when you just started training and asked a bunch of silly questions like "who would win in a fight a silverback gorilla or Sigung"...

What about all these people who don't really know any WC, don't trust it and have to attack it and every idea? Why are they even on here, there are forums for you guys. ("...well, you know, that technique doesn't work in a situation like that so i train groundfighting and some kick boxing 'cuz WC has no kicks.... and chi sau doesn't mean anything that's why we mainly just spar......." At this point are you a really a wing chun guy or some guy who learned a few techniques, did the form a few times and wonders why their kung fu doesn't work?

Go ahead and say it... tell me not to come anymore and you know what i really don't but sometimes i do and everytime it confirms my desire to not be here. Not that my posts are not part of the problem but come on people...

Whatever happened to the fun posts like the "I ALMOST got into a fight" series from last year ;)

hmmmm whatever anyway maybe I'm just full of crap.

Vyvial
06-21-2004, 06:23 AM
oh yeah and Sihing73 usually has some good comments as well.

reneritchie
06-21-2004, 08:42 AM
There's only ever ourselves in the end. No system. No teacher. No legend. And not message board. Just us and what we can do.

Who gives a flying flute about all the rest?

old jong
06-21-2004, 01:59 PM
...Or,just us and what we want to do!...;)

Yaksha
06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
If most of the attacks in the world were physical, everyone would be learning to fight.

But instead, most of the attacks in the world are verbal and psychological. How would you train against them?

yuanfen
06-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Yaksha sez:

But instead, most of the attacks in the world are verbal and psychological. How would you train against them?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Know your center, remain centered.

Much of the time it is just noise.

Hold your fire for the real attack.

joy

Vyvial
06-21-2004, 08:28 PM
good point Yaksha....

hello Rene, "who gives a flute?" well, it's easy to say but you know we all care, other-wise tempers wouldn't flare like they do.

Tiger_SS
06-22-2004, 04:42 AM
I think the silverback would win !!

But on a serious note I have just joined this forum and done so in the hope of good advice and help. I hope I dont just get people advising me a load of crap, that would be really dissapointing.