PDA

View Full Version : "Support the black man"

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 06:22 AM
Fedor's a freak........ and Rampage SHOULD crush Wandy this time........... and Fedor's a freak :eek:

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 06:34 AM
http://s90146897.onlinehome.us/og/fedor_randleman.gif
http://s90146897.onlinehome.us/og/jackson_arona.gif

Shaolinlueb
06-21-2004, 06:47 AM
man he slammed that white guy on hsi head. i let out an OOOOOH SHIET when i saw thta. looks like it hurt.

kungfu cowboy
06-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Looks like he got a bit of a head tuck in right before landing. People could get serious bruises sparring like that! Ain't they heard of point karate?

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 07:16 AM
the 'white dude' got up like it was nothing and tapped Randleman out shortly after taking that slam.... hense Fedor's a freak..... LOL @ Ain't they heard of point karate? oh........ *SPOILER*

norther practitioner
06-21-2004, 07:17 AM
I think he was lucky not to break anything in his neck...

Thanks for the links.

brothernumber9
06-21-2004, 08:29 AM
I fell asleep after Nog's match, so I take it Fedor won and that probably sets up a Nog - Fedor final?

SevenStar
06-21-2004, 09:42 AM
both of those slams were insane - fedor is lucky he came out unhurt.

as for the final, I'd rather see ogawa vs fedor, but I'm sure it will be nog / fedor.

SevenStar
06-21-2004, 09:47 AM
I missed ufc saturday, but heard that sylvia got his arm broken from an armbar.

The Willow Sword
06-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Yeah with the angle that his head hit the mat he is very lucky,,it would have been another christopher reeve story had it been the top of his head that hit collapsing C-1.

PEACE,,,TWS

norther practitioner
06-21-2004, 09:49 AM
heard that sylvia got his arm broken from an armbar.

Ouch...

I usually just wait for the dvd, then rent it.

lkfmdc
06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
SPOILER

SPOILER

DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNW

DO NOT SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED

SPOILER

UFC pretty much sucked except for Ken Shamrock KO'ing Kimo. He looked like the Ken of old, gave hope again to us old F A R T S (why f a r t is censored here is anyone's guess)

Pride rocked, and I felt sorry for Randleman, wanted him to win, but Fedor is like a Russian terminator, he's the real unbreakable

3rdrateIMAkilla
06-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Those throws were something to see.

The end of the Ken Shamrock , Kimo fight was cool, but the match was too short, and wasn't much of a war. But I'm sure that's how Shamrock wanted it to go. Nice ending move

lkfmdc
06-21-2004, 10:08 AM
apparently, with the ACL repaired and back at his somewhat natural weight, he's the dangerous guy who blocked Fujita shots for 9 and 1/2 minutes while busting him up with hands, who broke BOTH of Don Frye's ankles and KTFO Otsuko....

I sort of knew it was all over when Kimo rushed him and Ken just spun him around like nothing, a healthy Ken is a sickly strong guy

norther practitioner
06-21-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing that fight now...

Ken is what got me into watching Pride, K1, and UFC type stuff.

lkfmdc
06-21-2004, 10:23 AM
it is a short fight, it is NOT a war, but it's a technical match, sadly for Kimo, it's all Ken's technique, in part I would estimate to working with Paulson, a supreme technician and excellent coach

norther practitioner
06-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Are there any other good fights in there, or is it really just the one.

lkfmdc
06-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Hughs vs Brazilian - good if you have trouble sleeping and need a good night's rest

Mir vs. Sylvia - I blinked and missed it, but fortunately they ran the ending over and over 300 times so I caught it again

Phil Baroni - "I'm a big puncher but the new me cant seem to throw punches" vs Evan "let me smack you then run like a girl in the other direction"

Oh, wait, ONE GOOD FIGHT, The Canadian dude was fantastic

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Evan "let me smack you then run like a girl in the other direction" yeah...... WTF was that about...... i was routing for the guy until that bullsh!t............ PRIDE OWNS UFC.....

MasterKiller
06-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
oh, wait, ONE GOOD FIGHT, The Canadian dude was fantastic Did his flappy head distract his opponent?

3rdrateIMAkilla
06-21-2004, 10:48 AM
The big advantage UFC has , is that the cage stops people from falling out of the ring, and they stand the fighters up instead of bringing them to the center of the ring still on the ground.

The main advantage to Pride is, Knees on the ****ing ground or while opponent is kneeling

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 11:07 AM
and they stand the fighters up instead of bringing them to the center of the ring still on the ground. advantage!?!?.......

how about Pride... better athletes.... better pay... better marketing(even if you have to dress up like a fairy king and sit on a banana)... better match ups(except for the obvious works)........... how long did Chuck vs Tito take to happen???

3rdrateIMAkilla
06-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Well, yeah. I was thinking if all things were equal, then those are the differences. UFC can be good sometimes, if the matchups work out well.

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 11:45 AM
K-1 will own all of them.......

DragonzRage
06-21-2004, 11:51 AM
OMG...I can't believe that Fedor survived that. That was just SICK. Randleman is simply one of the most physically talented fighters in MMA. He's so explosive and powerful. If he just fought smart more often and polished certain areas in his technique, he'd be very hard to stop.

Ray Pina
06-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Speaking of K-1 and Pride, has Cung Le expressed any interest to cross over.

He is a technical wizard at what he does, but I haven't seen him really finish a fight yet -- though I admit I have only seen a few.

What do I mean by this: the few fights I saw of his he shot in quick and took the guy down and then they stop, wait for the guy to get back up. Then he hits him onece or twice and disengages and then shoots in to take him down again.

I'd like to see him in a match that doesn't stop the action.

Has he fought in Pride/UFC and I'm just not informed? Or hasn't he? And if so, has he said why?

DragonzRage
06-21-2004, 12:00 PM
"in part I would estimate to working with Paulson"

I trained under Eric Paulson briefly when he was teaching at Dan Inosanto's school. That man is simply the most technical grappler that's ever stood in front of me. His style is so well rounded...judo, shooto, bjj, wresting, muay thai...he implements it all so smoothly. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ken Shammy picked up a few good tricks from Paulson.

Meat Shake
06-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Pride fighters in japan are treated very well.... Over here most people dont even know who they are.

Suntzu
06-21-2004, 12:10 PM
He is a technical wizard at what he does, but I haven't seen him really finish a fight yet he fought in Shidokhan(sp?)..... with has ground work.....