PDA

View Full Version : Regarding wc in Hong Kong

cha kuen
06-08-2001, 10:22 AM
I have heard that many of you have trained wc in Hong Kong. How much did they charge you? Did the jack up the price because you are Americans?

I heard that Chu Seung Tin is one of the best guys there now.

S.Teebas
06-08-2001, 03:57 PM
You heard right brother... if you visit Tsui you wont be dissapointed.

Watchman
06-08-2001, 05:01 PM
Siu Yuk Men and Ip Ching are worth a visit as well.

http://www.wckfc.com/masters/man/Sec2-1.GIF

Not to tire of learning is wisdom;
Not to weary of teaching is benevolence.
-- Tzu-kung

Martial Joe
06-08-2001, 07:24 PM
I would go to Tsui Sheung Tin for a greater amount of time if I wee to go there.or just the hole time.Then next in line would be Yip Ching...

cha kuen
06-08-2001, 07:28 PM
You guys think he will charge me hella $?

Martial Joe
06-08-2001, 07:41 PM
I personaly dont know.I can ask my sifu on tuesday if your around that long.
But S. Teebas should know...

cha kuen
06-08-2001, 07:50 PM
Sure,

Ask for me. Thanks I appreciate it

S.Teebas
06-08-2001, 08:17 PM
I haven't been over to hong kong, but my Si Dai tells me about $50 - (Australian) is about 1 weeks worth in regular classes. ....but dont quote me on that! :)

Dave Farmer
06-08-2001, 10:33 PM
whoever you go and see, be aware that they will most likely not speak english so you will need to either meet some one willing to translat for you or organise one before you leave.

Accomodation also in HK is quite expensive for a pretty basic room with shared commodities.

Food is reasonably cheap, but exotic to say the least. lol

Also martial arts equipment sword etc are not cheap.

everything in hk is much cheaper in mainland china.

enjoy youself

best wishes

Dave F.

'wing chun men do it with sticky hands'

jameswebsteruk
06-09-2001, 01:19 PM
You could do worse than visit Cliff Au Yeung's school in Wanchai, on HK island. He is a student of Wong Shun Leung, has a great school, is a top guy, and whats more speaks very good english.

Regarding accommodation, it varies greatly. I am surprised to hear woodenman claim it is expensive. The infamous "Chungking" and "Mirador" mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui offers basic hostel type rooms, tiled, with working air conditioning, and a built in combination shower/toilet. This cost about £15 Uk, $10? A bit more, maybe £17, if you want a room with a window!

The advantage of the VT association school, in Kowloon, is that you dont have the travelling costs, its just a few tube stops on the MTR. But, you do have the disadvantage of the language problem. Anyway, have a great time. HK is a real eyeopener the first time.

I love it! Our school (Wong Shun Lueng UK) has a yearly trip in november. This year we are having association members from Germany and Spain.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running
around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." ;)