PDA

View Full Version : itf tkd vs karate clip

WanderingMonk
06-23-2004, 05:39 PM
http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/video/mastercup88/Paul%20Doumbia%20ITF%20World%20Cham.mpg

found it on another forum, looks pretty interesting.

PHILBERT
06-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I assume the long haired person is the ITF guy. A few impressive round kicks (and hook kicks). However, they need to keep there hands up more when kicking. That short haired guy just kept getting beaten down by dropping his hands.

Tiger_Yin
06-23-2004, 06:06 PM
haha nice.. looks liek tkd owned karate :D

man i wonder how these guys would fight if they were facing someone GOOD... 8-|

Losttrak
06-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Not bad. Some clever moves from the long-haired dude.

WanderingMonk
06-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
I assume the long haired person is the ITF guy. A few impressive round kicks (and hook kicks). However, they need to keep there hands up more when kicking. That short haired guy just kept getting beaten down by dropping his hands.

pretty safe assumption with all his spinning kicks, round house, etc.

Anyways, there's some other clips on the site, didn't have time to look over them yet. It is in swedish, so I'll have to wait for the weekend to look through it.

Here's a Kyokushin-kai clip where they showed more skill than their brotheren against the tkd guy..

http://static.zed.cbc.ca/users/x/xianzhong/files/Sampler_-_Kyokushin_Karate_-_256kbs_-_NO_MUSIC.WMV

Serpent
06-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Not a single punch to the head, nor any really good ones to the body. The kinda rules that'll get you KTFO in a full contact or street situation.

*sigh*

Still, some nice leg work...

WanderingMonk
06-23-2004, 06:28 PM
not another sports vs street argument.

anyways, I hope they know how to punch someone in the head when they aren't fighting under tournament rule.

CaptinPickAxe
06-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Does the dude with long hair look like he has dreadlocks?
If so, I've seen the clip and it was alright. Sloppy in some martial circles but decent for the two.

Oso
06-23-2004, 07:26 PM
dug the music.....

Vash
06-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Punk-ass crotty punk needsta learn to keep them hands up!

Other than that, was the TKD guy a black belt, and the crotty kid a colored rank?

joedoe
06-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Vash
Punk-ass crotty punk needsta learn to keep them hands up!

Other than that, was the TKD guy a black belt, and the crotty kid a colored rank?

Stop trying to make excuses man, the Karotty dude just got schooled :D

In all seriousness, I don't know how they grade competitions like that, but the long haired dude way outclassed his opponent.

WanderingMonk
06-23-2004, 07:39 PM
beats me, the tkd guy supposed to be some type of world champ. I assume that means black belt, but I like to see a white belt world champ though.

If somebody here reads swedish, may be he can go find out at the website and fill you in.

Serpent
06-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by WanderingMonk
not another sports vs street argument.

anyways, I hope they know how to punch someone in the head when they aren't fighting under tournament rule.
Yeah, I hope so too. But you fight how you train.....

Kristoffer
06-24-2004, 02:42 AM
here is the swedish site in english:
http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/index_eng.html

+ that tournament is called masters cup, and it's designed by tkd people to fit their style. No knees, no groundfighting, no throws, no nothing. It's not very impressive IMO but it seem to have gotten to be quite popular.

I liked the Kyukoshinkai clip. As far as I know, these people condition their hands more than most TMA, so in some regards they are better prepared to punching someone in a real fight with no gloves than let's say those who only fight with gloves on.

WanderingMonk
06-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
here is the swedish site in english:
http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/index_eng.html

+ that tournament is called masters cup, and it's designed by tkd people to fit their style. No knees, no groundfighting, no throws, no nothing. It's not very impressive IMO but it seem to have gotten to be quite popular.

I knew a tkd guy can't win fair and square, he was cheating by throwing the other fella. :)

red5angel
06-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Not a single punch to the head, nor any really good ones to the body. The kinda rules that'll get you KTFO in a full contact or street situation.

bzzzzzzt! wrong but thank you for playing come again. Kicking works and if you can do it well it works well. Just because all the reality websites tell you different doesn't mean it's true ;)

I agree with philbert, keep the hands up, some nice kicking though. Too bad no one went for the sprawl and take down:rolleyes:

scotty1
06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Kicking works and if you can do it well it works well.

JUST kicking? Bzzt, wrong, come again!

Kristoffer
06-24-2004, 01:15 PM
at least, last time I checked the rules :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-24-2004, 01:49 PM
i have definately seen far worse. props to the both of em for giving it their all and good sportsmanship.