PDA

View Full Version : Some cool feats of strength (and a cool video)

IronFist
06-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Watch this video because it's cool, but pay attention to what happens at 1:32 (one hand press up into handstand kinda) and at 2:14 (that horizontal flag ab exercise thing that I want to learn how to do).

And the guy who does the thing at 1:32, look at his serrats when his shirt falls down. Those are serrats, right?

rubthebuddha
06-23-2004, 10:52 PM
i love the part at 10:10 when IRONFIST FORGOT TO POST THE ****ING VIDEO. :mad:

IronFist
06-23-2004, 11:09 PM
LOL!!!!!!!

Oops

here (http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/fridaynight3-1.wmv).

Sorry about that.

MasterKiller
06-24-2004, 09:12 AM
That guy ran like 8 feet up the wall. Sick.

red5angel
06-24-2004, 09:44 AM
i love the part at 10:10 when IRONFIST FORGOT TO POST THE ****ING VIDEO.

made me spit my soda out of my nose!!!!! :mad: :D

stubbs
06-24-2004, 10:44 AM
i wish there was somewhere like that near me! i've been to london a couple of times to practice le parkour in a gymnastics gym. the foam pit was pretty cool for practicing backflips in. i think if i had the opportunity to practice them more i could probably do them on grass or something but travelling to london each time would be too costly on a regular basis.

where do you start to learn those sorts of moves? im guess these guys didn't do the usual planch sits, v-sits etc that gymnasts do. im starting wu shu (among other things) next month so hopefully i'll start learning some 'cool' stuff

i was really impressed with the the fairly buff guy. normally you only see skinny kids pull those moves off but he could move...although he did get stuck in foam tube thing, lol
________
Penny stock picks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

inic
06-25-2004, 07:27 AM
althought those moves are cool, do they have any "real" use? just curious if people learn that stuff for any reality situations or merely to look cool. Just asking cause I only like to learn things if they have a real applications.
I'm jealous of that pole thing and their jumping abilities. I want to be able to get big air like they are. How can I train to get that jumping ability?

CaptinPickAxe
06-26-2004, 12:35 PM
A lot of the ground work was breakdancing. Cool sh!t. We used to do some of that back when I was in a Breaking Crew. Sadly, I've lost my touch for breaking...all I can do now is pop & lock.:(

Vash
06-26-2004, 01:36 PM
http://www.teamryouko.com

"Xtreme Martial Arts Performance Team"

XMA.
Good athleticism. Bad Kung Fu.

IronFist
06-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm just interested in the strength they have.

Vash
06-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Oh yeah.

That was some really impressive stuff. I just find it impossible to see anything with the letters XMA and not mention how badly, horribly, inexorably, they suck monkeyballs.

Which they do. I just wish I was half as strong as that big dude.

Serpent
06-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
And the guy who does the thing at 1:32, look at his serrats when his shirt falls down. Those are serrats, right?
You mean serratus anterior muscles? See attached. Is that what you mean?

Ka
06-29-2004, 12:14 AM
I only wish the Gymnastic's room I train at had half the set up they have,we have to roll out and roll back one strip of sprung floor.
Cool Value

Mika
06-29-2004, 01:53 AM
Kewl clip, thanks man :cool:

Mika