PDA

View Full Version : Visualising and pivoting

S.Teebas
06-08-2001, 04:07 PM
Hey,
Im not sure about others, but when i practice wing chun i find visualising is a powerful way to get better at it (whatever i may be doing) Was just wondering what you guys think about when your pivoting...or anything else. I know some people imagine a strong gravational pull on their body towards their opponents to help get that forward intent. (one example)

Maybe we can benifit from each others experience, as i think different visualisations can help produce better form/power..etc....

(if that makes any sence to you??)

S.Teebas

Martial Joe
06-08-2001, 07:27 PM
Agreed,and also Tsui said that if your punching to only think about the hand coming back.Pull that back as fast as you can and let the other out and it will go with more power and speed.I tried it with my sifu.It is true.

CLOUD ONE
06-09-2001, 02:44 AM
I agree that visulization helps.
Has anyone ever visualized being attacked by themselves?
I know it sounds odd but you get to a realization that it is very hard to land an easy counter since the opponent is yourself. yourself would always know what's coming next.
I think this kind of training makes you feel where your strengths and weaknesses are.

benny
06-10-2001, 04:58 PM
i try to think less of pivoting and more about keeping my body united and moving my waist where ever i want it to go