PDA

View Full Version : Nothing's changed

ZIM
06-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Flight Attendants still trained to cooperate (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040623-124647-6248r.htm)
"Unfortunately, I am here to report to you that nothing has changed since that horrible day. We are no better prepared today to handle a situation like that which occurred on September 11th and our training is still woefully inadequate."
I seem to remember that there was so much talk about martial arts for them back in 2001-2- none of it has materialized.... :(

yenhoi
06-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Thats not true.

With my teacher I have personally trained pilots and flight attendants in close quarter combat and weapons.

;)

WanderingMonk
06-27-2004, 09:12 AM
well, they might be "taught" to cooperate, but do you in your right mind think anyone would?

All I got to say is the "shoe bomber", soon as those passengers find out there was a problem, they were ready to jump him and tie him up. Nobody want to end up like those poor people who sat there and let the terrorists crashed the planes into those buildings.

I think the images of 911 are still fresh in people's minds. Even if it isn't, as soon as passengers on airplane hear something is amiss, those pictures will come flashing back.

They won't be passive this time around.

Brad
06-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I'd have to agree with WonderingMonk. I think after 9/11 people's basic perception of what a highjacker would do with an airliner has changed. I think flight attendents, pilots, and passengers know that if terrorists get control of the plane, they're as good as dead, and survival will overcome whatever training to cooperate you have.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-27-2004, 12:26 PM
that's definately true for myself.

before 911 i would have cooperated without question. it's not my plane, what reason do i have to risk my life?

but now i gurantee you i'd be dead way before the plane hit anything.

even if the training hasn't changed, anyone with any sense has.