PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fighting

Judge Pen
06-29-2004, 06:42 AM
Ok, this weekend I flew to Columbus with my new girlfriend to meet her family. Upon arrival at her sister's home I was presented with a lovely little flyer announcing my "demonstration" for the next evening. All of this was unbeknownst to me although I had an idea that something was up since Laurie asked me to bring my Tai Chi fan (she gets a kick out of my doing my fan form even though I personally detest this particular form). Regardless, the flyer read:

A Man and his Fan:

A Man and his Fan is the brainchild of **** Productions showcasing the extraordinary fan fighting style of [Judge Pen]. This ancient art of the orient is not well-known in the United States, but is thought to have saved many lives of fan carrying men. Women in the company of such men feared no one.

:D The impromptu demonstration of my hated fan form went well, and I really liked their unique and quirky sense of humor!

Nevermind
06-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Glad everything went well JP. This is why I don't like to tell people that I study martial arts. You never know when you are going to be put on the spot.

Judge Pen
06-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks Nevermind. It's not like I can keep kung fu a secret from a girlfriend. At least I was able to do some non-**** forms to make up for the fan. :p

sean_stonehart
06-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Bwahahahahaa.... I'll want to see that for myself!!

Did you get my email?

Judge Pen
06-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by sean_stonehart
Bwahahahahaa.... I'll want to see that for myself!!

Did you get my email?

No, my e-mail was down this weekend and yesterday. You may need to resend it.

You know, it was the best I had ever done that form too. Better than when I teseted over it.

Chang Style Novice
06-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Cool!

Do you use a box fan or a ceiling fan?

Meat Shake
06-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Sweet.
Already got a new one? That was quick.
Good to hear things are going well for you JP. :)

Judge Pen
06-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Thanks MS. Considering that things were unravelling for a year and it's been 8 months since it's been official, I don't think its that quick. Plus this new woman is amazing. As smart and funny as she is pretty.

Meat Shake
06-29-2004, 08:38 AM
"As smart and funny as she is pretty."

lofl.
Being the smartass I am, that comment made me laugh. (Just because you never said she was smart, so if she wasnt smart...)
:eek:

:D

But yes, I am glad that you found a woman who is not ugly and stupid.