PDA

View Full Version : Qi question.

dodger87
06-30-2004, 06:51 AM
The other day me and my dad had a conversation. He told me that training for Qi is training for anger. It allows you to get angry at will and allows you to exert a force 5 times your normal force. It sounds a little weird, but I read a post on here ages ago when someone said they were training with anger and they realised they had increased stamina and strength. Could someone tell me if this is correct? I have basically very little of an idea what Qi is, so could someone help this poor noob?

Shaolinlueb
06-30-2004, 06:58 AM
its also called adrenaline. adrenaline in certian situations can make you many times stronger and faster. ever hear the old wives tail about the kid trapped in the car and the mom lifting it up to save him/her. thats adrenaline. if you can compare the two feel free to explain. I thought Qi was more calm and suttle. there is hard and soft qi too.

count
06-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
its also called adrenaline. adrenaline in certian situations can make you many times stronger and faster. ever hear the old wives tail about the kid trapped in the car and the mom lifting it up to save him/her. thats adrenaline. if you can compare the two feel free to explain. I thought Qi was more calm and suttle. there is hard and soft qi too.
What changes adrenaline into physical energy?

Shaolinlueb
06-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by count
What changes adrenaline into physical energy?

I dont know, i only took biology once in HS 6 years ago. :D
maybe hard qi, im still new to qi talk too.

SPJ
06-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Adrenaline and nor-adrenaline.

Anyway, once epinephrine and norepinephrine are released, They bind to receptors. The affect heart, blood pressure, muscles, nervous system, brain etc. They give rise to the physiological effects of "fight or flight".

Qi is postulated to travel from internal organs to distal limbs via Jin Luo.

Practice Qi Gong, one has to meditate and sense the Qi flow first.

Qi gong exercise is also breathing exercise. If you may breathe longer (exhale and inhale), you may last longer in fight.

If you may mobilize your Qi flow without moving the limb, this is the second level.

Your will guides your Qi. Your Qi pushes the limbs. Your fighting move is much faster and stronger.

That is the general theory of Nei Li and Nei Gong.

SPJ
06-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Anger, fear and pain may make you more forciful. These are in the area of feeling and emotions.

They may also cloud up your judgement. One has to meditate to deal with these feelings. so that you may not lose your coolness, when you need it most, such as in fight, life and death situations.

How?

Meditate and practice Qi Gong.

Practice Pai Da Gong to help ability to receive and sustain blows/pain to your body.

Peace.

:)

dodger87
07-01-2004, 07:44 AM
On a ratio between physical training:qi training. How important do you think qi training is compared to physical training.

MasterKiller
07-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Physical training should constitute 99.9999999% of you training time.

red5angel
07-01-2004, 08:28 AM
There is no "Qi" as a unit all its own. "Qi" is what comes from extensive and deep training that teaches you exacting control over you body mechanics.

Repulsive Monkey
07-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Anger and qi don't mix very well, in fact anger impedes smooth movement of qi, as Liver Qi Stangantion.
Im sorry but your father is wrong