PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun in Hong Kong?

YongChun
07-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Someone sent me this Email so I would like to try and help him out. Would anyone know where some Wing Chun schools are in Hong Kong? Thanks. Ray

Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 6:13 AM

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am 30 years old male from Hong Kong.
>
> I am interested in learning Wing Chun, but I could
> not find a school in Hong Kong, in where it is taught
> seriously and professionally.
>
> It would be so kind of you to inform me of the
> locations of those schools in Hong Kong through my
> e-mail : mrhokongfai@yahoo.com
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Fai
>

Nick Forrer
07-05-2004, 01:04 AM
If they're interested in wsl wing chun then there are a number of good teachers..

Cliff au yeung (a good friend of my instructor) is very friendly and helpful and has a mixture of foreign and native students.

The 'official' wsl class is at the vt athletic assoc. and is run by chen kim man (a man regarded to have extremely good technical wing chun by my instructor) under the watchful eye of simo (WSLs widow).

Yuen yim keung, chui hok yin and wan kam leung all run classes too all of which I am sure are excellent.

If you want 'fight oriented' wing chun these would be good places to go.

Nick Forrer
07-05-2004, 01:07 AM
links can be found here (http://www.wongvingtsun.co.uk/wsllinks.htm)

CFT
07-05-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
The 'official' wsl class is at the vt athletic assoc. and is run by chen kim man (a man regarded to have extremely good technical wing chun by my instructor) under the watchful eye of simo (WSLs widow).Out of curiosity, is this "supervision" from a technical perspective or administration/management?

Nick Forrer
07-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Im told that while she doesnt practice WC she has very definite ideas on how it should be done....And thats all im saying;)

Mr Punch
07-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Alan Lau on this forum trains with Ng Sifu in HK. Ng seems very good, and Alan's a nice guy with a great website: try mailing him.

CFT
07-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
Im told that while she doesnt practice WC she has very definite ideas on how it should be done....And thats all im saying;) No problem. You don't necessarily have to be a practitioner to have vision.