PDA

View Full Version : This site is silly...

Martial Joe
06-18-2001, 10:48 PM
www.shaolinwingchun.com (http://www.shaolinwingchun.com)

Indeed...

Watchman
06-18-2001, 11:03 PM
http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/tech_unarmedmelko4.jpg

Sharky
06-18-2001, 11:20 PM
I feel we have been cheated

http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/tech_unarmedmh4.jpg

http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/tech_unarmedmh2.jpg

The irony of what this photo says in the background, and what he is doing...

http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/tech_unarmedmelko3.jpg

Nice kick tho, if u get my drift

My anus is superiorâ„¢

Sharky
06-18-2001, 11:23 PM
THEY do the orthadox wing chun. It is we that do the otehr branches. Peep - http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/en/origins/origins_tree.html

Suddenly everything is clear............

My anus is superiorâ„¢

Martial Joe
06-18-2001, 11:36 PM
I dont care what they call it.This kid who goes to that school has been talking to me.I couldnt beleave what they are teaching him.We have found yet another mcdojo.Even though these dudes can really kick and stuff,but that is not wing chun...

Martial Joe
06-18-2001, 11:40 PM
http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/en/techniques/tech_p_idee1.html Not this is some good SLT guys :D

I think the sun is in there eyes...

oldwolf
06-19-2001, 12:10 AM
Jeeesuuuus!

"And the crowd called out for more"

rogue
06-19-2001, 04:14 AM
Finally!!! The stuff Bruce Lee never taught Yip Man!!!

Rogue, you're an @ss!!Watchman

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

BTW, did I mention that Rogue was an @ss? Watchman

Martial Joe
06-19-2001, 05:31 AM
haha...

IronFist
06-19-2001, 06:07 AM
Did you guys read about their belts?

"The Shaolin Wing Chun school offers three belts: *:

"The Black Sash signifies obscurity or ignorance. Its obtainment is a sign of the practitioner’s integration with the school and the master’s approbation. Its three bars symbolize the three degrees of apprenticeship and of perseverance. "

"The Red Sash is second and its colour represents determination and perseverance. It consists of nine levels represented by white bars, each one corresponding to one of the qualities and to one of the proficiencies required by one’s progression towards the Great Way. "

"The White Sash is the last in the Shaolin Wing Chun system and is synonymous with chastity, wisdom and enlightenment. Moreover, it is the only belt one may award oneself. Although, the individuals who have attained this level are no longer interested in display, preferring to withdraw from the society and to dedicated themselves to a religious life. "

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Hey guys, I think we should all award ourselves white sashes, then we could be orthodox wing chun MASTERS!!!!!

Iron

Turiyan
06-19-2001, 07:06 AM
Dont wushu belts have stripes?

I grew up around vietnamese and none of those kicks look like what they did, which was alot of foot sweeps and ground leg scissors. The high kicks had them leaning back but more loose.

They dont train like the chinese eaither (inside joke).

Notice that in one of the pics it says they teach vietnamese martial arts. Which is where the kicks are coming from. Love that "log with arms".

Turiyan gold, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan

The REAL taichi:
http://www.wfdesign.com/tc/
http://www.wustyle.com/108.html

Chinese military forum:
http://www.anyboard.net/plaboard/

atsai
06-19-2001, 07:53 AM
Looks to me their wing chun dummy put on some weight over the years..., it certainly looks a little out of shape.

The wooden dummy in my old school was on a nothing diet. It spars almost 16hrs/day and it has been practicing horse stance forever...

http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/gm_tecong03.jpg http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/tech_GM_mannequin1.jpg

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art T " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

Wei Sui
06-19-2001, 08:10 AM
the deadly ying-yang throwing star they have on in the middle their belts...Maybe it is used to increase the flow of chi (LOL)

Dai yut tow dai :)

S.Teebas
06-19-2001, 02:56 PM
Wasn't there a thread about combining wing chun and Tae-kwon-Do? ....looks like somone's listening!

harry_the_monk
06-19-2001, 02:59 PM
Ok, am I being taught wrong, or should the goat stance really have your knees that far apart??? :D

TzuChan
06-19-2001, 04:46 PM
how can I see that attachment ?

Wing Chun is h o l l y

Chum Kil
06-19-2001, 06:41 PM
What the hell!

John

Have little and gain;
Have much and be confused.

Abstract
06-19-2001, 08:04 PM
lololololololololol....awww man that DOES look sorta crazy...are they the Northern Chapter of the X Men???? Whew....

but hey, they got a cool school logo.. :p

strider_02
06-19-2001, 09:45 PM
WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK ARE TO JUDGE OUR SCHOOL LIKE THAT? I THINK YOU SHOULD QUESTION YOURSELF BEFORE MAKING ANY DESCISIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT IT, EVERYTHING HAS A REASON TO BE DONE, AND ITS ABSOLUTLY NOT A FREAKING MCDOJO. IF YOU THINK IT IS ABSURD, WHY DONT YOU GO AND SAY SOMETHING IN OUR GUESTBOOK INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT IT HERE, I REALLY DONT SEE WHAT IS YOUR POINT OF DOING THIS. JUST A LITLLE REMINDER, IT IS ORTHODOX WING CHUN! AND NOW THE YIP MAN MODERN ONE, IF YOU LOOK ON THE WEBSITE, THE LINEAGE IS VERY CLEAR..SO OPEN YOUR EYES AND MIND AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE COMMENTING. :mad: I DONT WANT TO START A DEBATE ON WHAT'S BETTER AND WHAT IS NOT...OR WE COULD TALK ABOUT IT OUR FULL LIVES, AND NEVER HAVE ANSWERS.. :mad:

Anarcho
06-19-2001, 11:00 PM
Busted...

Soup is good food.

tnwingtsun
06-19-2001, 11:07 PM
HEY,I REALLY THINK THAT YOUR HIGH KICKS LOOK GOOD!!!,THEY WOULD GET YOU KILLED IN A FIGHT BUT THEY LOOK SOOO PRETTY!!!!,YOUR

tnwingtsun
06-19-2001, 11:11 PM
HEY,I REALLY THINK THAT YOUR HIGH KICKS LOOK GOOD!!!,THEY WOULD GET YOU KILLED IN A FIGHT BUT THEY LOOK SOOO PRETTY!!!!,YOUR WOODEN DUMMY HAS THE ARMS FAR FROM CENTER SO I GUESS YOU DONT TRAIN FOR CENTER,BETTER TIME TO SPEND ON THE STRECHER MACHINE,HAHAHA!!!!,

GEEZE,PASS ME ONE OF YOUR MCWINGCHUN BURGERS,
I'M HUNGRY. :D :D :D :D :D

harry_the_monk
06-19-2001, 11:20 PM
I realise that not all WC is the same, and from your tree I can appreciate it. I was just asking about the stance, I do not do Yip Man WC either, and was interested to know.....
Oh, and as far as the attachment goes, see the link posted by martial joe...

Peace...

strider_02
06-20-2001, 02:17 AM
What to you mean by goat stance...anywhere i could see an example?

tiger_1
06-20-2001, 02:24 AM
my friend martial joe that shool is not that funny. but is not wing chun im thinks . that is some vietnamese wing chun derivate texnic im thinks.chi -energy is here allso but is not pure wing chun so is not kung fu :cool:

/

Wei Sui
06-20-2001, 08:37 AM
Firstly sorry about bashing your ying/yang belt but IMO it looks cheese...to each his own though.

Anyhow back to M.A discussion...Personally, I would never use any highkicks in combat (perhaps I don't have the skills), but I see it as inefficient. But I guess the biggest thing is if you are vell versed in when to use your kicks - TIMING-(and have the speed/power/accuracy with your legs) you have just added some more weapons to your itinerary...

If I ever come East I would love to check out what this orthodox WC is all about.
Wei Sui

Dai yut tow dai :)

mun hung
06-20-2001, 10:06 AM
Such language from a 14 year old! :)

Martial Joe
06-20-2001, 08:10 PM
tnwingtsun~I would also like a Mcwingchun burger...

Strider~What would be the significants of signing your guest book?What would it do,attak us for telling the truth?

JasBourne
06-20-2001, 10:01 PM
well now, let's see... it was my understanding that in 'orthodox wing chun', one of the cardinal principles is that you never kick above the waist, as it a)makes you extremely vulnerable, and b) that is what your arms are for.

It's pretty cheeky of these guys to call themselves 'orthodox wing chun', calling all branches other than their own, well, 'other', i.e. not orthodox, and by extension, not the real deal.

feh. someone goes to kick my head like that, I guess I'll just have to use my 'other' wing chun to help him just keep on a-going...

:D

Abstract
06-20-2001, 10:05 PM
yo man, no diss, but the YinYang on the sash makes it look like a superhero belt. It's buggin me out man...And I meant that bout the school logo, that jammie is dope, man. I practice Wing Chun, and no kicks above the waist, so you see my apprehension and I'm sure anyone else here who practices Wing Chun also.... And man, you're 14, chill alittle, you're gonna have an anurism gettin' heated like that. But welcome aboard nontheless.... :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Abstract
06-20-2001, 10:07 PM
Anarcho, that was classic timing...lolol.... :D

Martial Joe
06-20-2001, 11:54 PM
JasBourne...Indeed...Indeed!

wingchunwsl
06-21-2001, 12:00 AM
orthodox wing chun. excellent. this is NOT real wing chun- that's for sure. :eek:

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 03:17 AM
Well strider the stupid person seems to think so...

bratok304
06-21-2001, 03:19 AM
the ying-yang on the belt means only that they are learning the philosophy, like in "orthodox wing chun", and the kicks you see there, are just PICTURES, you can't use them in combat, i mean, who the hell has a head high like that? huh? and by saying "OTHER" branches isnt like, fake or something, it just means that they ar other types, but not orthodox, in other words traditional. (they arent saying that the "otherS" are bad, not at all.) :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

strider_02
06-21-2001, 04:01 AM
these things are not in realy actual combat...it is ONLY demonstrations !!!
:mad:

strider_02
06-21-2001, 04:05 AM
Martial Joe...you are 14 too....so....i dont see what is your point of doing this? after 8 months of experience, you think you can say what you say now?

They aren't blocking their eyes...the movement isn't finished yet! You think a photography is really what it looks like?

When you achieve a certain level, you start to understand things by yourself, and you learn moves my yourself! A teacher is only a guide..not someone who will teach you everything he knows

The reason why we have the symbol of Yin-yang on our belts is because it is the center of our philosophy. the style we learn is almost similar to the Modern one, our school is know to be traditional..i am not the one to tell you this, i dont even think i have the right to..i leave you with what you want to think....

Martial Joe, i think your not very smart to start topics like these...you really think you know enough to say something about our wing chun after praticing 8 months? i would understand if the title of the topic wouln't be the same...puting "This Site is Silly" is kinda stupid...something like "Is this really Wing Chun?" that would be better...i dont know how you think or how you do things, but i dont believe you have the experience to criticize our school like that...it is very serious business... :o

bratok304
06-21-2001, 04:23 AM
That is absolutley right, haha, MArtial Joe, you should think about you say and do. And all you other wing chun practiciners, do what you want to do, forget the name, or traditional or not, just do what you feel more confortable with.

we shouln't fight about it, we should learn more, on other styles. :cool:

strider_02
06-21-2001, 04:28 AM
We're here to learn more from each others...not turn ourselves into enemies...kung-fu practitioners are like brothers...we suffer together...we learn together...blah blah...even if we arent from the same dojo, same school or style.....we SHOULD respect others...i know someone who has been doing Karate for 7 years..he's not as good as my 1 year kung-fu...but i reaspect him.....for i dont know why...

bratok304
06-21-2001, 04:34 AM
If you want to be cool, stay in school. :cool: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 05:45 AM
Both of you are idiots,why dont you open up your eyes and look at this whole post.Everyone here seems to agrea with me besides you two.I may be fourteen but that doesnt mean much...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Martial Joe...you are 14 too....so....i dont see what is your point of doing this? after 8 months of experience, you think you can say what you say now?[/quote]
I can say it because I am right,that is why...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> these things are not in realy actual combat...it is ONLY demonstrations !!!
[/quote]
Why show of things you are never going to use in a real fight.If they are of no use,then why practice them?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and the kicks you see there, are just PICTURES, you can't use them in combat, i mean, who the hell has a head high like that? huh? [/quote]why would you say this and then agree with strider...you are proving you are as dumb as him with every letter you type...

Joe Kavey...

Horatio Algiers
06-21-2001, 06:24 AM
Orthodox Wingchun...

Are those the guys with the curly tufts of hair coming from their sideburns and can't practice on saturday mornings? :D

kungfu cowboy
06-21-2001, 06:34 AM
What, are you mashugina? :D (sp?)

Horatio Algiers
06-21-2001, 07:31 AM
Lol, I was just reminded of a line from the simpsons from the one where Lisa has a cruch on her substitute teacher.

Substitute Teacher: "And for the record there where a few jewish cowboys. They were big guys who shot straight and spent money freely."

:D :D :D

bratok304
06-21-2001, 02:59 PM
Quote like you smartass say:
-------------------------------------------------
Both of you are idiots,why dont you open up your eyes and look at this whole post.Everyone here seems to agrea with me besides you two.I may be fourteen but that doesnt mean much...
-------------------------------------------------

Yeha, EVERYONE, yeah, 43 on 912 ppl, agree, and the rest, huh, maybe your too smart for a 14 year old to answer that. :D :D :D *McDojo is right besides you* :D :D :D

bratok304
06-21-2001, 03:07 PM
Hum, you Mr.Know-It-All say that there are no animal forms in WC, well , i guess your wrong now , kido. go visit other forums, and you'll see.
Or, are you too afraid of reality? and telling your dad's name!!! HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAh :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

strider_02
06-21-2001, 03:09 PM
OK, Martial Joe...let's start over...

Demonstrations are to show Chi Energy and blah blah blah...dont you know? We dont pratice things like those, not at our level, it is to show extreme flexibility and strengh....i dont know what is your point of doing this...i believe it is to lower our school....with every argument you make, you sound even more idiot then we are, Joe what made you do this? I dont want to continu this debate, because i know there is no point for it. Your point might be....THIS IS NOT WING CHUN, but it isn't your right..it's the International Orthodox Federation of Shaolin Wing Chun Nam Anh Kung-Fu (sorry if i didn't get it right) happy?

strider_02
06-21-2001, 03:17 PM
You still dont want to understand, do you?

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 05:36 PM
Well there is no animal forms in wing chun.Wing Chun is natural to the human body,we dont copy the movements of animals and insects...
...And flexability is a great thing to have but it also isnt needed in wing chun...

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yeha, EVERYONE, yeah, 43 on 912 ppl, agree, and the rest, huh, maybe your too smart for a 14 year old to answer that. *McDojo is right besides you* [/quote]

That is incorrect...
...that is how many times it has been viewd.I have been on this forum for a much longer time then you,and I have seen just about all the names that actualy post things.I bet most of the people here have gone into it atleast 5 times each,do the math and it will come up short but there are other people herer who look at things and dont say stuff.So there for you are wrong...

[This message was edited by Martial Joe on 06-22-01 at 08:45 AM.]

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 05:45 PM
Might I add that I alone have entered this over ten times to read the replies...

Losttrak
06-21-2001, 06:01 PM
**** those people with jelly legs that can contort every which way! =p *jealous*

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 06:16 PM
What is a certified gumby???

OdderMensch
06-21-2001, 06:25 PM
to see a wing chun person doing a jumping spin kick. i would be enthralled by an thoughtful disscusion of this branch of WC. But it seems to have come down to name calling and chest thumping. sigh :( .

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> . JUST A LITLLE REMINDER, IT IS ORTHODOX WING CHUN! AND NOW THE YIP MAN MODERN ONE, IF YOU LOOK ON THE WEBSITE, THE LINEAGE IS VERY CLEAR[/quote]

your line seems to be one "step" closer to Yim Wing Chun then the "modern Yip Man" schools, but this (IMHO) does not by itself make it the "orthodox" style. So what do you feel was lost or altered by Yip Man family?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What to you mean by goat stance...anywhere i could see an example?[/quote]

The "Ye Chi Kee Man Ya" (spelled wrong i know, but bear with me) is also called the goat pinching stance. You can see examples on just about any WC site.

http://www.shaolinwingchun.com/images/tech_GM_cv2.jpg

In this pic both practicioners seem to be in the Goat Pinching stance. What do you call it?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> these things are not in realy actual combat...it is ONLY demonstrations !!!
[/quote]

The branch of WC i study says to remove from training all that is not useful in fighting. I'm not saying this makes your style/branch wrong, i would just like to know. Why are these pictures and techs used to display your style?

Martial Joe
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well there is no animal forms in wing chun.Wing Chun is natural to the human body,we dont copy the movements of animals and insects...
[/quote]

Well WC was based on Shaolin forms that were in themselves "animal forms" this is a whole other disscusion of course but briefly:

yes i think WC was made with the intent of "well this guy fights like a bear and this one fights like a tiger, but lets see how people fight."

Strider_02 : it is good to see are so proud of your kung fu, Martial Joe is the same way. And I think when any of see the pics on your site shown as WC, well we just need to understand. You've only been training a year i see, but please try to explain to us what it is you do. I have heard very little your system.

Losttrak
06-21-2001, 06:29 PM
That clay guy that used to have a tv series....bah, nm. I feel old now. =p

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

mun hung
06-21-2001, 06:40 PM
Strider - I commend you for coming to this forum in defense of your school. I think all the members of this forum would do the same for their schools too. "I am nothing" seems to be from your school also, since he/she so quickly came to your aid. Nothing wrong with this.

People always tend to criticize things they don't understand. It's human nature. We are all here in the spirit of discussion to both learn and have a little fun.

I'm curious; as many are as to what you practice in your school and what your theories may be and how they may differ from our own. I did'nt go into your site extensively, but it did seem very different from anything I've ever seen. (high flying kicks, giant jong) I saw something on animal forms also. What are they? And what animal influences are in your system? Besides maybe snake or crane?

Welcome to the forum.

:)

strider_02
06-21-2001, 06:56 PM
I apreciate someone acting mature and not shooting insults like "others"

I dont think i have the right to tell you this..but here it goes

Our school has many form, including the 5 typical shaolin animals, wich we practice as froms. Each animal has a caracteristic wich is unique and can be seen in its form.

In Order :
Tiger - Courage
Leopard - Tricky :confused: (searching more precision and circular movements)
Dragon - Solidity
Crane - Self-Control
Snake - Flexibility

that's about it..there's a lot more then that...this is just TRUE basics

I dont know if you Modern Wing Chun guys's version of the Sil Lim Tao is the same...but our version (wich i think is pretty much the same) is kind of a summary of the 5 shaolin animals. That is why we call it "The Little Idea"

Martial Joe
06-21-2001, 07:24 PM
Losttrak~I watch gumby,I just didnt know what yo ment by that...
.. so what did you mean...

Sharky
06-22-2001, 02:29 AM
this really is some wierd kind of *******isation. Five animals in wing chun? Sil lum tao is a demo of the five animals?

Hey whatever i hope it helps you in a street fight.

And don't get joe vexed or he will crush you like a paper cup.

My anus is superiorâ„¢

strider_02
06-22-2001, 03:35 AM
I never said 5 animals in WING CHUN...i know what you mean, that's what i kep on saying...your wing chun, not the same thing as ours!! read ! :rolleyes:

strider_02
06-22-2001, 03:38 AM
If you want to learn more, about my school, just visit our website www.shaolinwingchun.com (http://www.shaolinwingchun.com) and take some time reading...

Note: The Lineage Tree is more detailed in the French Version, but i doubt you'll find your way :D

sifuironfist
06-22-2001, 03:57 AM
I like the WWF yin & yang championship belts the guys in the photos wear.

Americans are so smart, they can put a man on the moon, but they still study Karate!!!

Martial Joe
06-22-2001, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Americans are so smart, they can put a man on the moon, but they still study Karate!!! [/quote]

You got that right... :D

Martial Joe
06-22-2001, 08:30 PM
How come you arent arguing with me anymore,are you admitting you lost this argument...

strider_02
06-22-2001, 10:04 PM
Wich one ?
The one about karate ?
Do you really think im fighting with you?

From the beggining all i wanted was to know more about your school, and you start ****ing with it...i still didn't get why....n e ways...im not here to fight..only to defend what i believe should be right.

kungfu cowboy
06-22-2001, 10:13 PM
I think my new motto is "people like to preach what they practice" (ohh, how profound! :rolleyes: ) Meaning its my way, or the highway (anyone see resevoir dogs?)

I think the problem here is most here follow Yip Man lineage or similar, where kicks like that are a most definite no-no. I can accept that others may do things differently, although I do feel that most flashy kicks are dangerous to use, and violate wing chun concepts(at least most lineages). Other than that, rock on!!

Ars vitae
06-23-2001, 02:53 AM
I'm going to attempt to ask some serious question's and are by no mean's, a hidden flaming. I am just interested in your art. Looking through your website, it defiitely appeared to be an interesting syutem, with an impressive display of levels of flexibility. Your art calls itself Shaolin Wing Tsun. Does this mean that it is a both derived from Shaolin techniques and the WIng Tsun system? If so, how do you think he two have influenced each other in the techniques and theories? Does your art believe in economy of motion and centre line theory? Could you please state what a few of the basic prinicipals of Shaolin Wing Tsun are? I know with only a few month's of Shaolin Wing Tsun training you may not be able to answer these immediately, which is fine, I'd just like a few of them addressed by either yourself or through one of your sihings or sifu.

Martial Joe
06-23-2001, 03:52 AM
Strider~Well,ask me all you want about my school.Ill answer you and not say any comments about your school.But I have one question...
...Have you ever fought anyone using your wing chun?

Sharky
06-23-2001, 01:03 PM
There was no moon landing, i have seen the evidence to disprove the whole thing!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

My anus is superiorâ„¢

Stranger
06-23-2001, 02:38 PM
Sharky is going to drop on the floor convulsing with self-doubt: "Knees, phoenix-eye fists, kicks to the head! What was I studying? Kung Fu rules! Grappling rules! Kung Fu rules!" :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Just kidding :p

"Luminous beings are we."

Wongsifu
06-25-2001, 12:46 PM
Im just gonna take the living **** out of it. ashida kim beware you have a shaolin do wannabe here....

I loved the curriculum page its got tai chi paqua in it but above all it has..............
FOR ADVANCED AND SUPERIOR STUDENTS THE ART OF
Feng shui
wait lemme put this chair over your head i think the imbalance of energy will cause me to defeat you.

undre chi kung demo's its got some guy bending a wushu sword
:D :D

its only like 180 degrees flexibility bend

but those flying spin kicks really do aid your application of tan sau
no no really they do

Ive finally done it I can train longer by getting paid to do nothing , and my parents always called me lazy :)
get paid online http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2475225

strider_02
06-25-2001, 03:49 PM
I dont even know if i have the right to talk about my school, but ill go anyway, just a brief introduction...Yes, it is from Shaolin...There are 2 great systems in China..Shaolin (buddhist) or Wu-Tang (Taoist) of course...we are from shaolin, and im sure you know the rest...our grand-master has studied many arts and have founded many school in vietnam...Our School is Called International Federation of Shaolin Wing Chun Nam Anh Kung-fu...yes, we are also based on many principles..we ARE doing wing chun, but not taught the same way....we do believe in economy of movement (because the one left with the most energy at the end is mostly the one to win a fight) and the center line..all those theories and more...one thing i think is different from your art, is that you dont "exercice and warm-up" at the beggining....well that is what Martial Joe told me...we also have a belt system, wich makes the school more organized. Our flashy kicks arent in a real fight, it is just a demonstration..of WHAT we can do...we can do more.....hehe :p

Martial Joe
06-25-2001, 07:36 PM
Well I told you that my sifu and I dont warm up,some other wing chun schools do but thats just how me and him are.And again,have you ever fought anyone using your wing chun?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but those flying spin kicks really do aid your application of tan sau
no no really they do [/quote]

Wong that was great...

wingchunwsl
06-25-2001, 08:41 PM
"Martial Joe...you are 14 too....so....i dont see what is your point of doing this? after 8 months of experience, you think you can say what you say now?"

actually, a lot of students of my sifu started a few months and they're really good. for example, i have this classmate and he only studied wing chun for about maybe 4 or 4 1/2 months and he's already a match for the higher leveled students.

strider_02
06-27-2001, 09:13 PM
Probably physically for sure....but mentally ? ;)

Martial Joe
06-27-2001, 09:16 PM
I know that was a joke but you have to be metaly up there to match the higher students,in wing chun anyway...

[This message was edited by Martial Joe on 06-28-01 at 12:21 PM.]

jesper
06-30-2001, 10:31 PM
Have you ever considered that they represent the traditional Wing Chun.
If you belive in the legends Ng Mui and Yim Wing Chun (sorry for the spelling) altered the traditional style to make what is now the modern WC.
So maybe they represent Wing Chun as it looked 250 years ago, and we represent the modern cutdown version.

Just a thought.

JasBourne
06-30-2001, 11:11 PM
*shrug*

according to their website, they trace their lineage through Ng Mui and Yim Wing Chun down to the Red Junk Opera crowd. At that point they split off, descending from Fok Bo Chuen rather than Leung Jan like other lineages, such as the popular Yip Man and Yuen Kay-San.

What makes that "traditional" and the rest "modern"? The branch divergence ocurred three wingchun generations back. Are they saying they are the only ones who practice the 'true' way, know the 'real' system?

Feh. Marketing bullsh!t, in my opinion. I'm not saying their WC isn't good WC, but I take offense at their elitism (ours is the true and only way!).

"If I win, you call me Mother."

old jong
07-01-2001, 12:32 AM
I once was at this school out of curiosity.I saw a blend of wing chun as we know it and some "hight kicking" style of kung fu! I felt it was a good and serious place to learn and practice a martial art even if their wing chun is different.The only "bug" I had is when an instructor tried to sell me "spiritual enlightment" as a part of their teaching!...At the same time,the "master" was coming out of his office with his shirt half out off his pants with a toothpick in his mouth and made a big "burp"!...He did not look so "spiritual "himself so I said thank you and I left ;).My Karma made me go elsewhere. :D

Martial Joe
07-01-2001, 08:41 PM
""""I'm not saying their WC isn't good WC, but I take offense at their elitism (ours is the true and only way!)."""""

If they do that crap then they shouldnt call it wing chun...so if they lable that as wing chun it isnt good wingchun...maybe if they lable it as something else...

Chum Kil
07-01-2001, 09:13 PM
"I'm not saying their WC isn't good WC, but I take offense at their elitism (ours is the true and only way!)".

Their not the only one's saying this.

John

Have little and gain;
Have much and be confused.

bratok304
07-02-2001, 06:01 AM
man, where do you live in montreal, and when were you there>?and when was it?
(i go there, and its a nice place)...
maybe you misunderstood something, and where are you practicing wing chun (the "real" like you bums say)

-sorry about the 100 questions. and btw, you speak french? (i hope so) :)

old jong
07-02-2001, 02:11 PM
OUI...J'ai visite cet endroit il y'a peut-etre 6 ou 7 ans!...J'ai trouve l'ecole tres bien et je N'ai rien a dire contre les differences de style!La seule chose que j'ai moins apprecié a été le contenu "spirituel" qu'on essayait de me vendre. Je n'ai rien en fait contre l'aspect "art martial"...J'espere que cela reponds a ta question.
Salut bien ;)
(A little french thing guys!) :D

Sihing73
07-02-2001, 03:14 PM
Vous les gars devraient parler anglais donc nous pouvons tout prend part Ã* votre sagesse

Peace,

Dave :) ;) :p :o

old jong
07-02-2001, 03:38 PM
Hey!...Not bad Dave! ;)
I was just explaining my thoughts about that school to IAm Nothing.I visited the place 6 or 7 years ago and I found it was a good place even if it is a different form of wing chun.They have the vietnamese influence(high kicks etc.)The only thing I did'nt like was the (as I said earlier)spiritual thing they tried to sell!...Maybe it is just me!...I don't like to be selled enlightement!...I don't buy that!...Anyway,I have nothing to say against their form of kung fu.
Merci. ;)

bratok304
07-02-2001, 06:28 PM
Ben moi ca fait juste 3 mois que jen fais, pis jai jamais vu le G.M se promener comme tu disais, on le vois rarement et si on le vois, il ne nous porte aucune attention... reviens nous voir, p-t tu changeras d'avis...!
pis cest ou que tu fais ton kung fu?
(si ten fais)

old jong
07-02-2001, 06:43 PM
Eh oui! J'en fais,et depuis plusieurs années.Je pratique presentement avec un Sifu d'ottawa.Je prefere taire so nom pour ne pas le meler a mes "écrits" ici!...J'ai aussi pratiqué plusieurs autres arts martiaux dans le passé.
Je n'aurais sans doute pas du "joker" au sujet de l'accoutrement de to sifu ce soir la! Peut-etre etait-ce une mauvaise soirée pour lui?...
Je te souhaite bonne chance dans ton wing chun.Entraines-toi bien.
Salut. ;)
Sorry guys...We done it again! :D

bratok304
07-02-2001, 09:42 PM
mais juste savoir, cest ou que tu en fais? :D

MasterPhil
07-02-2001, 10:11 PM
I visited that school about 5 years ago. Stayed through a whole class to watch. Afterwards, I talked with the instructor (rather, I listened as he was very happy to enlighten my ignorance with his extensive knowledge of... whatever it is) who brought me to a downstairs "special" training room. Demonstrated an "advanced" form that looked like an "angry squirrel" style. I also saw the very athletic guy on the website's pictures (looks like he has extensive karate or tkd background) but didn't talk to him as he was busy kicking in front of a class mirror.

My impression was that it was a very successful business (LOTS of students) but if you are interested in learning "good" kungfu, you should pass on this school and keep looking elsewhere. If you are a beginner, they will astound you with their seemingly vast knowledge but anyone with solid kf training and/or chinese culture education will see easily through their bs.

Stryder and IAMNothing, I would strongly recommend you to try 1 to 3 months at another wingchun school in your area. After a couple months, you will see the difference, guaranteed. It is admirable that you defend your school with such energy. But you should defend it based on your own knowledge (gained from experience, exposure to other schools) rather than just repeating what your instructors said. That being said, it is not the worst kf school I have visited (you wouldn't believe what I saw at some of the "traditional kf schools" I visited!). But for the price they ask, if you want more than just get in good shape, go look around.

There are a lot of different wingchun being taught and practiced around the world. How can one compare between them? Simple, exposure. Go see other schools, train/join at their location for a month, talk with other ma, make them explain why they do something this way, etc. After a couple years, you will be able to see for yourself the "good", the "bad", and the "ugly"...

ST

p.s. I am not "bashing" that school to start a fight. I just feel sad that many young inexperienced people join "so-so" kf schools just because they don't know any better. But, to each their own path...

Surrounded by chaos, the true taoist laughs...

Martial Joe
07-02-2001, 10:18 PM
Nice post...

Ars vitae
07-03-2001, 09:27 AM
Kudo's to Silent Thunder. ; )) I was getting a little sick and tired of the unconstructive criticism that was happening to an otherwise fine forum space. I have to agree with Silent Thunder that it can be very beneficial to visit other school's. Some of my past Sifu's would hate me to say this, but I believe that to truely develop your art, it can help to crosstrain, to know your own limitations and strengths. Through knowledge, growth. Through dedication, strength. = )

jesper
07-03-2001, 10:16 AM
why would your sifu dislike crostraining ??
If you dont go out there, how will you know if your technics works. Theres only one substitute for crostraining, and thats challenges.
Me I have a lot of martial art friends from all kinds of styles ranging from boxing to sumo, and I have found that only after starting to sparre with them, have I been able to truly express myself through my WT

bratok304
07-03-2001, 07:34 PM
fesses :D :D :cool:

Martial Joe
07-03-2001, 07:46 PM
I plan on wrestling in highschool next year.I do wing chun so i think that that would be a good combonation...

Martial Joe
07-04-2001, 06:04 AM
I would have to say you are an idiot.So if I was fighting some one and they took me down.I would know what the hell to do.

Ars vitae
07-04-2001, 10:18 AM
Guy's stop the mud slinging match. If you're going to insult somone, base it atleast on something constructive, instead of just yelling out "You dick". I don't train with that art anymore, but one of the reason's was because the higher up you progressed, the more they would reveal the art to you and they thought that it would be counter productive to your training to go else where, much like the wrestling comment. Personally I don't believe this. Personally, I believe it is just as important to have a good Sifu, who can understand and guide your expression of style as to the art itself.