PDA

View Full Version : Ho Kam Ming-Retirement seminar-Tucson

Vajramusti
07-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Greetings-Sharing some more info:

Master Ho Kam Ming's two day retirement seminar in Tucson on Saturday August 21 (10-12 am and 1-3 pm) and Sunday August 22 (10-12 am and 2-4 pm). Sponsored by
Augustine Fong sifu at Fong's center- 920 S. Craycroft
Tucson 85711.

Cost-fixed- $150 payable in advance- no tickets at the door. The cost includes both days and a big multi course dinner on Saturday at 6.30 pm at the Golden Phoenix at 2854 22nd st. Tucson.$30 for additional dinner guests.Reservation/payment deadline-August 15. No photos or video cameras in the audience please during the seminar..

Master Ho trained for about 8 years daily with Ip Man
and stayed in regular touch with him till the latter's death. He will be sharing his perspective on many things in the art and will make an effort in correcting
individual dynamics.

He will be bringing some people from his last batch of students from Toronto, Canada.

Master Ho is known for his fraternal and constructive role in the wing chun community by most of the people in the first generation of Ip man's HK/Macao students.
He has taught publicly and privately in Honk Kong, Macao and elsewhere including Toronto during the last few years.
But he has also had a special training track for people
involved in full contact matches in Asia.
Tucson is a great Southwestern city with much to see and do.Great restaurants and night spots. Depending on conventions lodging can sometimes be tight.(I used to live there in and through most of the 70s))The recommended hotel for the seminar (mention the seminar) is Residence Inn/Marriot. can be 4 toa room with some breakfast provided as I understand it..

joy c.

Patrick Gordon
07-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey Joy,

I wish I could have gone but other important things in my life prevented me from going. Sigung Ho has also asked me to host a seminar in Ottawa, Canada for him, one week prior to the Tucson visit. It will also be a two day weekend event. I will post the details within the next week. Have a great time, sincerely,

Patrick Gordon.
www.cyberus.ca/~p.gordon/

Vajramusti
07-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Have a good time Patrick.

old jong
07-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I will also be in Ottawa for the occasion.I expect to bring most of my students to meet my Si Tai Gung.

Vajramusti
07-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Old Jong- hope your students put in a lot of practice before
that meeting!
Pretty good group of those students coming from Toronto?.