PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe I'm Even Thinking About Doing This.

Vash
07-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Okay, I'm back to training (can I get a what-what?). I am doing regular karate this week, and start weight/aerobic training next week.

Here's the thing: I'm 5'8" @ 189 lbs. I've dropped three pounds since Sunday. I've started eating real sensible-like. No "diet" per se as I abhore the concept, just sensible, no-nonsense stuff. 3 meals, 3 snacks, make sure I get enough protein, carbs (complex and fibers), eat vegetables and fruits more, et al. So, I like to think this, along with my exercise regimen, is a pretty good idea.

I start training actual clients here in about 6-8 weeks, after I finish my test and get my CPR card. I would like my body to reflect accurately my knowledge and my ability in the field of personal training. I don't think being in the shape I am now, in regards to my appearance, will be conducive to that effect. Now granted, I know I can strip off the majority of my fat rather quickly once I get back into my regular training routine. However, I want to take the lazy-ass path here, as it's been far too long since I've not had love handles and back fat and stuff.

So, I'm asking this, having searched the forum and found a good recommendation (http://bodybuilding-help.com/hot-rox) from Ford Prefect. The question: is this worth it?

I don't intend on continuing use once I have hit my goal; I know my abilities to plan and execute a training regimen, and once I hit my goal, maintenance will be cake.

Ford Prefect
07-06-2004, 10:54 AM
All things aside, the most effective ways of losing extra weight is to eat sensibly and exercise. All the programs, diet plans, and supplements will only help in addition to that. If you already shed 3 lbs by just adjusting your diet, then I'd say to stay the course and leave the supplements alone.

Vash
07-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. My loss equates to a pound a day, so it shouldn't be too long before I hit 160. I hope I don't drop any below that, though. When I'm actually healed and working out, it's hella hard to keep any appreciable weight on, much less gain.

red5angel
07-07-2004, 12:13 PM
also, shocking your body helps alot too. I've been losing weight for about 4 months now and my rate of loss has slowed so periodically I have to shock my body. I do it mostly through exercise, by changing the regimen dramatically for short periods of time. I learned a trick that appears to work for me but I'm not sure it would work well for everyone. I basically spend a weekend stuffing my face, not with crap but with a lot of healthy food. Then the following week I eat lean.

IronFist
07-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I seriously doubt you'll keep losing one pound per day.

red5angel
07-07-2004, 01:31 PM
actually isn't that extremely unhealthy, especially for someone who is not really fat?
Seriously, from what I understand, lose weight too quickly it begins to tear into your muscle mass more aggressively, including your heart.

blooming lotus
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Irons right.......your body will regulate and weight loss'll no doubt settle.

It can be dangerous to loose so much so quickly , but I get this often and find that providing I manage my POTASSIUM intake vigilantly ( being that potassium is responsible for healthy heart function), BALANCE SALTS and keep restoring my viscous, I generally don't have any trouble.

POTASSIUM can be found in orange juice, egg yolks and milk for best sources.

If you do end up doing a thermo make sure your water intake is high. Your body can manage 800 mls an hour...........

IronFist
07-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Vash, do you know what your bf level is right now?

Toby
07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
It's my understanding that products like these Hot-Rox and the ECA stack just work by raising your metabolism. So of the two sides to the equation "burn more than you consume", you're increasing the "burn more" side. Sounds like you've altered your "consume" side, so to change up the "burn more" side, I'd be more inclined to do something like HIIT than supplement.

IronFist
07-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Hot-Rox and the ECA stack just work by raising your metabolism.

blooming lotus
07-07-2004, 08:27 PM
dui...correct............nice comment Toby.............

exactly the same result can be acheived through such things as hiit, even to up your cardio, go back to the old complex carb 2 hrs post, protein ( and, if going for a rip I prefer liquid where possible), and trade up your flours and majority of grains for a nice oily leafy green with hot water and an asstrigent ( like lemon juice and soda water), up your fibre supplements and nutrionally make fluids your focus...just make sure you invest in a great quality vitamin and never never deprive yourself of a wholesome carb................

there's alot to be said for varied tepmed fluid.it;s quite a key component of daily health and a balanced body here in china.............

remember these facets

1. sour
2. sweet
3. salty
4. nuetral
5. astringent
6. oily
7. fatty
8. hot ( ie chilly)
9. cold
10.warm
11.wet
12.dry

they're quite different and if you use your fluids well and balance all of these things evenly as dictated by your lifestyle,
there is no reason why with exercise, you can't sculpt the exact body you desire without ever needing to resort to artificial means....
I'm a little anti- chemical / man-made product myself and these things should really only be incorperated when your knowledge of natural means runs dry.............nature provides us all we need

sorry for the rave and good luck

Vash
07-08-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
Vash, do you know what your bf level is right now?

No I don't. I know I was at 13% about 15 months ago. I used to have a pair of decent calipers, but **** if I know where they are.

As far as losing a pound a day, I'm pretty sure at least part of it is water weight. I've been drinking a LOT more fluid lately, and have been ****ing like a race horse.

Well, I decided to skip the fat burners. I'm starting lifting/cardio next week, and I know I usually drop a decent bit of weight when I restart my training. I'm just going to stick with a decent diet (get to my target weight, then make calories out = calories in) and a good training regimen, and I should be golden.

Thanks for the input. The advice definetly influenced my decision.