PDA

View Full Version : City of HEROES

Pork Chop
07-06-2004, 11:11 AM
City of Heroes is better than heroine & morphine combined.
Helps me smile at the wreckage of my life.

that is all

brothernumber9
07-06-2004, 12:55 PM
the super hero sim game?

Pork Chop
07-06-2004, 02:13 PM
yah.
who wouldn't wanna be a super hero?
I mean if you've ever had any idea of writing your own comic, then this is the place to act it out, to see how ridiculous it'd look.
Think of it as GTA with wouth the hookkers.
It relates to kung fu coz martial arts is a power option and I saw one dude named Wong Fei Hung.

So if you're on the Protector server and u see a dude named Beelze Bubba or Nova Reactor, hit me up. :)

Oso
07-06-2004, 07:57 PM
dude, shouldn't you be training:confused:

course, we won't talk about the 6 hours I spent w/ Diablo II saturday................................

dodger87
07-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Is this one of those games like gunbound where you can just download it for free and play? If so, link please.

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 12:00 PM
I've been injured for a bit, so training as usual is out of the question. With my wreckless driving court date pending it's kind of hard to focus anyway.

No, it's more like Everquest- pay for the game, pay to play.

Oso
07-07-2004, 12:03 PM
'reckless driving' ????

legit or did you get screwed by 'da man'?

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Kinda feel entrapped, but I don't deny that I was speeding.
When a cop tailgates you for a mile or so, as you keep speeding up and getting over to let him go (not knowing it's a cop, thinking it's an aggressive driver); and then turns his lights on as soon as you slow down, tired of trying to accomodate- it doesn't feel quite right.

Especially in DC- where, the last 2 times I was in an accident, each a minor hit & run, each time I was the victim, each time I was told by the cops that there was nothing they could do even with a license number.

Friggin hate the east coast, yah; but we'll see if i lose my license.

Suntzu
07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
way to get on his case Oso...... both of yall get in the gym.....

*wishes i had a PS2 cuz i'm addicted to SOCOM*

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 12:55 PM
*offers suntzu the option of borrowing his ps2*

Suntzu
07-07-2004, 01:05 PM
um.............. uhhh..... um....... i would never leave the house.... you are supposed to be HELPING me.... not turning me into a crackhead....... the Thai dude that just won K-1 Max is a beast.... can't wait to get this one.....

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 01:21 PM
The truth of my laziness is this...

I've got too much going on right now that trying to really do anything, is like trying to stare into the sun, or maintain eye contact with a hot chick... ie that I find myself naturally avoiding things without thinking.

With everything going on, it's not that I'm burned out, it's that the rage is so great, that without a good way to release it- ALL of it, I don't even want to access it.

I want to know where I'm at with my car, and I want to be back in the gym at full strength, healed up.

There's only so much I can do for either, so working on either is really hard- i'm having a hard time getting the lawyer thing going or getting into defensive driving.

On top of it all, I've been mega-overwhelmed at work lately; which is especially bittersweet considering how much I've had to fight the urge to become your average postal worker.

I will get back.
I'm just thinking in baby steps right now.
Check a couple things off the list each day and eventually get back to where I have the time to hit the gym.
In the meantime, the game takes my mind off of things more than the gf (just bein honest).

I'll wait until after September to let you use the PS2.

Suntzu
07-07-2004, 01:29 PM
there is a gun range not too far from your crib.... rent a big boy (no... don't take it to work) and let off a few........ might work......

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 01:37 PM
nah i can't do that...

because everyone between here and vegas would be dead....

you ever seen rambo?

.....yeah.....

Suntzu
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Rambo was cool...... M-60'd the whole town...... :cool:

Oso
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
That sucks...one benefit of my association with the karate/jujitsu school here is that I now know a bunch of sheriffs.

so, can we turn this into a big 'life sucks right now' thread, cuz I got some effed up shiat happening at work right now....

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 02:03 PM
*laughing at his boss becoming the Col Trautman figure*

awww this thread got moved... apparently we didn't do enough US bashing, toss enough conspiracy theories, or ask which style of kung fu would be best for our build.... of course we could go on a rant about "reverting to kickboxing", "the real street lethal", "the superiority of ring sports", or "how 99.99% of the OTHER schools are McKwoons".

Oso
07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
well, we were starting to talk about how our ****ed up lives were interfering with our training...

Pork Chop
07-07-2004, 02:18 PM
just making the point that it's about as relevant as anything else on the first page...

But yah, this has been a tough summer.

The girlfriend's been the one bright spot in this.
I mean I finally got one, which is probably what's brought about all this bad karma to start with.
It's a weird situation, not one of those things where I can't stop thinking about her, or one of those situations where I'm constantly scared she's gonna leave.
She fits... we get along real well... i don't really get tired of her... and she takes care of me- first girl to ever do that...

I mean it's not all doom and gloom, but a lot of times it really does feel like a bunch of frustrations and headaches constantly snowballing & amplifying one another....

@PLUGO
07-07-2004, 02:23 PM
actually... this thred IS more related to several of the other threds in this section... games, F***ed up lives, super heroes etc... don't you think?

Oso
07-07-2004, 02:24 PM
understood...

no girl for me right now but that's where i need to be

my biggest woe is getting knifed in the back at work, but it's really way too long a story to tell.

glad to hear about the girl, it's nice when they fit.

Oso
07-07-2004, 02:28 PM
hey, who changed the thread title?

@PLUGO
07-08-2004, 10:32 AM
the title doesn't need to pretend to be related to Kungfu anymore... we're an accepting bunch here in the Media forum. So tell me, is this game available on MAC?

Pork Chop
07-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Yes, but the game's got wong fei hung and kung fu experts....

Don't think it's on mac yet, but i could be wrong... it's massively multiplayer only.... no single player mode, so I don't see why it couldn't be ported...

Pork Chop
07-08-2004, 11:04 AM
oso

sorry, didn't know that about your girl...
email me if you feel like sharing...

know how u feel about work... the worst part about losing out on the promotion is that it's 2 guys who i think of as friends; albeit less-qualified friends, but nonetheless...