PDA

View Full Version : shaolin comp with Lipeng

blooming lotus
07-07-2004, 03:47 AM
AS we all know, comming up any moment this month in Hoboken
New Jersey , is Lipeng ( ex-monk Xing Peng)s' international shaolin martial arts competition and masters demonstrations.

July 23 & 24 th
www.americaneuropeanshaolin.com fo more info:

What's nu and who's going? It's rare an event like this happens so if you can make it, no doubt you'll enjoy!!!

We also know that Gene has been invited to judge.........Maybe that's why the guy holiday

Ps.if you make it out there, let us all know how it went!

Cheers

BLOOMING LOTUS

Premier79
07-07-2004, 06:39 AM
I'll be there not sure if I'm Competing yet, but I'll make sure to take lots of pictures :D

blooming lotus
07-07-2004, 05:21 PM
very cool. We'll all look forward to seeing what you end up. :cool: :D :D

Shaolinlueb
07-07-2004, 08:11 PM
i'll be there with my sifu and a couple people of my school. i wont be competeing because i do not know the forms they arte competeing in. my sihing and sifu do, i jsut dont know em :(

but yeah i will be looking forward to seeing people from here.

blooming lotus
07-07-2004, 08:48 PM
lueb...........that's right you train with master peng diu??..........

if I remember correctly, aren't there seminars and jazz with various monk masters not neccessarily requiring form???

wish I could make it.........enjoy yourselves anyway.....:D :D

Shaolinlueb
07-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
lueb...........that's right you train with master peng diu??..........

if I remember correctly, aren't there seminars and jazz with various monk masters not neccessarily requiring form???

wish I could make it.........enjoy yourselves anyway.....:D :D

no i dont train with master peng diu. master hu jianqiang would be my master right now i guess and my shifu lisandro vega.
seminars are okay, depends if i could learn something from them i couldnt learn from shifu.. i will look into them.

GeneChing
07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Looking forward to seeing all the Shaolin family there. :cool:

Shaolinlueb
07-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Looking forward to seeing all the Shaolin family there. :cool:

I'll see ya down there Gene. If a white kid in a got qi or shaolin shirt comes up to you and starts babbling things incoherently just tell me to "shut up lueb" okay :D

GeneChing
07-20-2004, 10:05 AM
If a white kid in a got qi or shaolin shirt comes up to you and starts babbling things incoherently just tell me to "shut up lueb" okay Would that work here on the forum? ;)

I'm looking forward to meeting you in the flesh, lueb. See you in a few days... :cool:

Shaolinlueb
07-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Would that work here on the forum? ;)

I'm looking forward to meeting you in the flesh, lueb. See you in a few days... :cool:

lol it will work on the forum too :D

I just found out today were staying for the seminars. i was like uh okay.

GeneChing
07-21-2004, 09:57 AM
shut up lueb

GeneChing
07-21-2004, 09:58 AM
:p

See you in Hoboken!

blooming lotus
07-21-2004, 04:30 PM
shut up lueb

beat me to it :p :D

Pk_StyLeZ
07-21-2004, 07:54 PM
IM GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaolinlueb
07-21-2004, 08:00 PM
does anyone know what the seminars are going to be on?

GeneChing
07-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend. It promises to be qutie a nice gathering of American and European Songshan Shaolin. Be sure to say 'hi'! I'm easy to spot - I look like this shirt (http://store.martialartsmart.net/95054ss.html) ;)

amitoufo

Shaolinlueb
07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend. It promises to be qutie a nice gathering of American and European Songshan Shaolin. Be sure to say 'hi'! I'm easy to spot - I look like this shirt (http://store.martialartsmart.net/95054ss.html) ;)

amitoufo

hmmm i want that pose in the pic gene. :P :rolleyes:

blooming lotus
07-23-2004, 07:11 PM
lipeng comp aside .....( ps..looking fwad to a review and snapps ;) )....thhe dengfeng shaolin festival finds itself on my doorstep.....sep 23 ish??? right Gene???....my current contract ends Aug 23 but it's too close to pass up and head home, sooo.... I've decide to shack up at an emei shan temple until it kicks off and spend the nxt 2 wks ish at shaolin / dengfeng....I'll be sure to post a brief and pics when I can, but who else'll be there???....................this is a one in a 2 yr event...and for any ma dedicant in the vacinity, you'd be crazy to miss out ...................

GeneChing
07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
... see his new thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31465). I'm not sure about the festival - I had heard that they were going to do it around the 1st World Traditionals in Zhangzhou on Oct 16, but that might have changed. All things are impermanent, especially with Shaolin.

Shaolinlueb
07-26-2004, 10:17 AM
... see his new thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31465). I'm not sure about the festival - I had heard that they were going to do it around the 1st World Traditionals in Zhangzhou on Oct 16, but that might have changed. All things are impermanent, especially with Shaolin.

you forgot to mention that they always start on time too gene :o :D ;)

GeneChing
07-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Shaolin time. :rolleyes:

blooming lotus
07-26-2004, 05:09 PM
... I'm not sure about the festival - I had heard that they were going to do it around the 1st World Traditionals in Zhangzhou on Oct 16, but that might have changed. All things are impermanent, especially with Shaolin.

WTF???????........you are absolutely kidding me!!! Do you have anything more on this???.........trying to synchronise budget , sched, accom etc etc...........an Emei shan temple sounds ok but for 2 mths plus...........:mad: hmmmm.............

keep us posted with whatever you discover.............

cheers

GeneChing
07-26-2004, 05:15 PM
www.dfintertour.com

blooming lotus
07-26-2004, 05:18 PM
no.........really.Yu Min's a busy man, if you can catch there at all. you'd be extremely lucky to get a reply to an email...........then again.I do have a cell no..........

cheers

will do :cool:

GeneChing
07-27-2004, 09:16 AM
...but then, we're old friends. There is a whole office there, though, with several other English speakers. Surely they would know. You're there, ask. It's seems really weird for you to ask me to ask when you're in China and I'm in SF.

blooming lotus
07-27-2004, 05:24 PM
...but then, we're old friends. There is a whole office there, though, with several other English speakers. Surely they would know. You're there, ask. It's seems really weird for you to ask me to ask when you're in China and I'm in SF.

lol......but 2 mths is still crazy..I'll get one of my native pa's to check it out while they book my tickets and I'll let you all know the official date ...........but if you get there first

:p :D ;)