PDA

View Full Version : Can someone host a video of me squatting?

IronFist
07-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I have a video right now but I'm still waiting for my friend to send it to me. Can someone host it?

Hopefully I'll be able to post some stills from it in the mean time once I get it... unless it ends up being a .wmp file in which case I won't because MS Paint doesn't let you save screen captures from WMplayer....... boooooo. And I don't have Photoshop or anything else yet so I can't save it that way.

The vid is of me squatting 315 at a bw of 167lbs, ass to the ground, no belt and no wraps.

I'm about 20lbs away from a double bodyweight squat now. I almost went for it tonight after I got 315, but I decided it's better to be safe and not try it now.

Toby
07-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
The vid is of me squatting 315 at a bw of 167lbs, ass to the ground, no belt and no wraps.

I'm about 20lbs away from a double bodyweight squat now. I almost went for it tonight after I got 315, but I decided it's better to be safe and not try it now. Awesome! But I don't believe you without pics ;). Congrats.

IronFist
07-07-2004, 08:23 PM
I just found out I probably won't get it until tomorrow. The guy who has the card reader is busy.

Thanks.

I also took a couple pics afterwards: a relaxed front shot and a rear lat spread.

Ming Yue
07-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I have lots of webspace Iron, be happy to host the vid.
PM me if you're still looking

Xeamus
07-07-2004, 09:08 PM
that depends
what kinda clothes do you wear on the vids?

Ford Prefect
07-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Nice Iron. Way to go, man.

IronFist
07-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks. I'm curious what you guys think of my form, because I squat differently from you and Toby (more narrow stance).

Ford Prefect
07-08-2004, 07:20 AM
I do a lot of oly squatting now which is a shoulder width stance and you go ass to heels. A lot harder than the power squat for sure.

blooming lotus
07-08-2004, 08:03 AM
so when do we get see this elusive clip???

IronFist
07-08-2004, 08:52 AM
^ You should talk. Hopefully I'll get the clip tonight after I get home from work.

abobo
07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
unless it ends up being a .wmp file in which case I won't because MS Paint doesn't let you save screen captures from WMplayer....... boooooo. And I don't have Photoshop or anything else yet so I can't save it that way.

Wow, that's really stupid. After I do a print screen in WMplayer I can only get a black square to paste in Photoshop.

If you use mplayer2 you can get the actual video capture to paste, but even then it makes the video appear as a fixed background image or something. It wasn't centered correctly after I pasted it, either.

To view the whole frame you have to use the move tool and slide the windows media box around until you uncover your video shot.

But if you print screen your Photoshop window again and paste it, it just looks the way it was before you uncovered the whole picture, and your video frame is chopped off and the rest of the window is black again.

Dumbest of all, if you close windows media player, the screen shot will have an entirely black box in the player window the next time you paste it.

Boooo is right.

IronFist
07-08-2004, 12:10 PM
^ That's why I hope it's not a .wmv file. I hope it's quicktime.

Also, is there another player that plays WMPlayer files that won't do the stupid anti-screen shot stuff?

IronFist
07-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Or maybe an older version of WMPlayer might work.

abobo
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Maybe Winamp 5?

IronFist
07-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok I have the video.

Two things tho,

1. My friend held the camera sideways so it's sideways when you view it.

2. It's .avi so I can't take screen shots because WMPlayer + MS Paint SUCKS

So can someone host it? It's around 4 megs in size. And if anyone can rotate it so it faces the right direction, that'd be cool.

In the mean time, here's a new back shot:

IronFist
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
****ING PIECE OF ****!

I even just downloaded a screen capture program and WMPlayer still won't let you capture screen shots. Wtf? Boooooooo that ****.

Are there any other programs that play .avis?

IronFist
07-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Here's another front pic. I think I've gotten smaller. Whatever. I've gotten stronger.

There's a back shot on the first page, too.

IronFist
07-08-2004, 07:16 PM
5'9" 165lbs @ 8-9%bf.

Toby
07-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Your back's hyooooge! I've got no back at all. What's with the missing face? I wanted a shot for my bedroom wall :( :D.

blooming lotus
07-08-2004, 07:56 PM
you're right .........you do look smaller, compared to pics you sent way back............

soooo...........now we're saying size doesn't equate to strength.................hmmm...........

Toby
07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
soooo...........now we're saying size doesn't equate to strength.................hmmm........... God give me strength :(. That's what everyone here's been saying since the minute you stepped foot (metaphorically) in this place. I'm too lazy now to go back and link posts where people said that exact thing and you read and responded to it. Short memory?

IronFist
07-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Unbelievable.

I've never, EVER said size = strength.

Ever.

IronFist
07-08-2004, 08:15 PM
But back to the point at hand.

Who do I email (or send through AIM) this video to so they can host it?

Toby
07-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Ming Yue? IIRC her details should be in her profile.