PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Injury!!

Spark
07-08-2004, 06:07 AM
I was playing bball and i was covering my friend and as he backed into me I swatted the ball away, and as we were both going for the ball, he got it first and then jumped full force straight into my mouth! I blacked out for a few seconds and when I came to my mouth was bleeding pretty good. The main damage was at the gum line where it continued to bleed for about 6+ hours (not profusely, but bleed none the less). Anyhow, my two front teeth remained in tact, but the first few days were extremely sensitive and i could not bite down on anything.
It's been a week and I'm still having trouble biting into most foods.

Anyone know anything about dentistry or mouth injuries? :p

blooming lotus
07-08-2004, 08:13 AM
it'll probably swell a little and hurt for a bit...if the problem persists please see your doctor. Oh and gargle salt water. If there was blood it's obviously open and the last thing you want is an infection. Just monitor oral hygieine and bathe your wound.

IronFist
07-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Wow dude, I don't really know anything about treating it but I hope you get better soon. Be sure to keep us updated. I guess maybe call a dentist and see if they have any advice for you over the phone or anything.

Toby
07-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I would've gone to see the dentist immediately.

mickey
07-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Hi Spark,

I agree with Toby.

SEE A DENTIST...STAT!!!

mickey

Spark
07-12-2004, 05:49 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the advice yall

My only thing with a dentist, and this obviously sounds dumb, but I dont' have any coverage and cant' really afford it unless it's absolutely necessary for me to go.

As of now, it only hurts when i drink something really cold for instance. A few days after the first post it was ok then one day was pure hell of non stop throbbing all day, I have no idea why.

As of now though it's alright and there's only discomfort once and a while.

alright, thanks again!
later.

IronFist
07-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Spark
ok then one day was pure hell of non stop throbbing all day, I have no idea why.

Maybe you were grinding your teeth that night in bed while were asleep. That happens to me every once in a while and then my teeth hurt for a few hours the next day. If your tooth was already sore, it could have been extra sensitive and maybe that's why it hurt all day. Did your other (front) teeth hurt, too?

Spark
07-12-2004, 08:24 AM
No that's what's weird, now it's really just the left front tooth that is still a problem. And it's not the gums or the root, it's the actual tooth that was painful. WHen I initially got hurt, it was both front teeth, but now it's just the one.

Although I did think I must have done somthing in my sleep perhaps to set it off, what I'm not sure.

Regardless, it's been a few days since I've had any real problems with it other than when I've had cold drinks. So hopefully it's on the mend completely.

Toby
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Toby
I would've gone to see the dentist immediately.

Spark
07-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Thanks dude, I read it the first time ;) :p

Toby
07-13-2004, 07:40 PM
:D Just reinforcing the point in reply to the last posts ;).

Spark
07-14-2004, 05:58 AM
Well you'll be glad to know I'm going to see a dentist probably next week. I'm actually going to go to the University dental school! HAHA
So this remedies my costs issue and hopefully everything is aight.

Thanks again.

sticky fingers
07-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
Maybe you were grinding your teeth that night in bed while were asleep. That happens to me every once in a while and then my teeth hurt for a few hours the next day.

Grinding teeth at night could be due to worms...

mickey
07-14-2004, 06:02 PM
THAT"S RIGHT TELL' IM TOBY!!!

TELL' IM UNTIL HE KNOWS WHERE THE FLIP FLOPS!!!

mickey

Toby
07-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by sticky fingers
Grinding teeth at night could be due to worms... Or an amphetamine habit.