PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Website????

william
07-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Around two months ago somebody posted a link to a wing chun website, which had tutorials of how do the first form etc with an animated guy, going through the techniques.

Can any one remember the link?

or knows which post it was posted on?

Thanks

W

Matrix
07-09-2004, 06:36 AM
William,

Do you mean this one?

http://www.wingchuninteractive.com/site.html

Phil Redmond
07-09-2004, 08:21 AM
That animation is nicely done. Thanks Matrix

Matrix
07-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks Phil,

Not that I had anything to do with it. :)

Bill

WCis4me
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Matrix
William,

Do you mean this one?

http://www.wingchuninteractive.com/site.html

That is a really cool link Matrix. Better than video. Thank you for posting it.

Vicky

Matrix
07-10-2004, 06:28 AM
Hi Vicky,

I'm curious to know why you think it's "better than video".
I think the animation is interesting, but it lacks a lot detail, IMO. Maybe we can get Pixar to do something for us....:)

Bill

WCis4me
07-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Bill,

Hi Vicky,

I'm curious to know why you think it's "better than video".
I think the animation is interesting, but it lacks a lot detail, IMO. Maybe we can get Pixar to do something for us....:)

Bill
I understand and agree with what you mean regarding detail, however I like the animation you provided more for learning the 'how to do it' rather than the 'how to apply it'.
Each movement is brief, clear and sectioned. Each one has a description highlighting the important points, and then stops. I feel that it simplifies learning how to place body parts and what to do next with that type of breakdown.
With a video there is pause, play, rewind because you definately missed something, pause, play, rewind cause you because you definately THINK you missed something lol. Not to mention if you don't get a good video there can be human error that you may adopt, such as slouching, not keeping your center covered, etc.
For learning the principles of application of movements within the form then I agree a video is better as you can watch it 'flow' with body mechanics and other participants.

Vicky

Matrix
07-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Vicky,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that it works well for an advanced student such as yourself. You can fill in the blanks without hesitation.....
I don't think a pure beginner would be as fortunate.

Bill

WCis4me
07-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi Bill,

Vicky,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that it works well for an advanced student such as yourself. You can fill in the blanks without hesitation.....
I don't think a pure beginner would be as fortunate.

Bill
Thank you for the kind comments, however I am just a beginner, the newest of the new so to speak. I understand concept a great deal however, I have a VERY long way to go towards being anything more than a beginner.

Take care,
Vicky

Matrix
07-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Vicky,

I know what you mean. It's a long road. :)

Bill

Hungfutkune
07-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the link!!

I think it's great! I just started learning Wing Chun here in shanghai and my instructor doesn't speak english and I don't speak chinese. This web site is great referral site for me to double check what I have been learning in class. Still no website or video is replacement for a good teacher!