PDA

View Full Version : 60% of German Men Didn't Shower Today

jun_erh
07-11-2004, 10:35 AM
60 per cent of German men didn't shower today

6 July 2004

OFFENBACH - Six out of 10 men in Germany do not shower daily, but at least those six change their underpants daily, according to a new survey published this week.

That was the national average, with over 70 percent of younger males under age 34 showering and changing knickers daily. But only 16 percent of men over 55 bother to bathe daily or put on fresh underwear.

The figures for German women show a similar age discrepancy, with over 80 percent of younger women bathing and cladding themselves with clean undergarments on a daily basis. But more than 80 percent of women over 55 go more than a day without doing so.

Some five percent of all men and two percent of women in Germany change their knickers just once a week, according to the survey by the Marplan Institute in Offenbach.

DPA

IronFist
07-11-2004, 10:45 AM
So? Everyone doesn't shower some days. As long as they shower every other day it's all good.

I love it when you're talking to someone and you're like "yeah, I was running so late I didn't even get to shower today" and the other person is like "ewwwwwwwwwwww you're so nasty!" It's like stfu, you know you skip a day every once in a while, too.

jun_erh
07-11-2004, 10:47 AM
I've heard from alot of american tourists that it can be pretty awful. Like one guy was saying he was waiting in line and he thought he smelled fried onions

IronFist
07-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Ewww.

Wait, was he waiting in line at a restaurant? That could explain the fried onions smell.

Chang Style Novice
07-11-2004, 11:32 AM
If you work out, shower.

If you don't work out, start working out.

Oso
07-11-2004, 08:48 PM
does it count if you turn them inside out................................

rubthebuddha
07-11-2004, 10:33 PM
depends on your average vegetable intake.

iron's right for the most part -- we all have days when we skip. it's when we make those non-shower days regular (speaking of vegetables) that we run into trouble.

Kristoffer
07-12-2004, 04:15 AM
another country bashing thread from jun_erh.. how surprising

:D

sticky fingers
07-12-2004, 04:17 AM
That's the secret behind Emin Boztepe's anti-grappling method!!!

stink 'em out!!

Starchaser107
07-12-2004, 07:33 AM
i've been told that in countries with colder climates its culturally acceptable to not shower everyday. wether or not that's the case it shouldn't really matter, i've even heard some say it's not hygenic to bathe everyday.
personally i like bathing , and i love water, but i come from a hot climate, if ppl in my country decide not to bathe everyday the stench would be horrid, i wouldnt even want to think of that.

Shaolinlueb
07-12-2004, 07:52 AM
after reading that, i will never return to the motherland.

jun_erh
07-12-2004, 01:39 PM
kristoffer- I 'm a bit of a nationalist. My parents were bio enginered eagles.

Meat Shake
07-12-2004, 02:07 PM
You need to shower every day if you live in a hot climate, no excuses. I know that just a short walk around the block will leave the johnson sweaty as all hell.