PDA

View Full Version : Should Nig Mui Rules just take something else

Slayer
08-16-2001, 09:31 AM
Dude, with all your negative energy twords Wing Chun, I think you should just go take Karate. I know Wing Chun works and works well against and certin style I wont mention, ( EH, why not, Karate ). Who cares if we don't sparr much in tournaments, and don't train the same as Karate. ( Well, apparently you do ) I think you should just go to Karate and leave Wing Chun to us.

Should Nig Mui Rules just take Karate?

Martial Joe
08-16-2001, 09:46 AM
You know what is anoying...when poeple come here and they have less then 10 posts and they act like they have been here for as long as I have!!!!!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

whippinghand
08-16-2001, 06:36 PM
I didn't realize there was a junior-senior thing going on in this forum.

EmptyCup
08-16-2001, 07:00 PM
what, you didn't know you are a senior??? ;)

Sihing73
08-16-2001, 07:39 PM
Hello,

If someone has a negative view of an art then there could be several reasons.
1) They could just be closed minded.
2) They could have had a bad experience with either the art or the practicioners.
3) They do not truly understand the concepts found within the art.

If a person has no wish to consider new information then it is pointless to continue to try and educate them. If a person is willing to explore new options then there is much possibility of a discussion of benefit to both sides. Some of us can be guilty of being just as close minded.

If this person wants to train in another art then that is fine. However, for any of us to chase him to another art is improper. Besides, I know some very good Karate people :). As long as they do not violate the rules and do not start hurling insults at everyone I have no problems.

Whipping Hand and Empty Cup;

You guys would probably be great friends if you met in person. It does little good to continue to go back and forth baiting each other. Neither one of you is likely to change the others mind and posting slights serves no one any good.

As to the idea of their being seniors and juniors on this board; well there are several here who claim to have been in the art a long time. However, it is not the length of time which is important but the persons understanding of the art. I feel we are all pretty much equal here. It is only by ones actions that one gets set apart as either having something worthwhile to contribute or not. In this context it is fairly easy to distinguish the "senior from the junior" :p

Peace,

Dave

whippinghand
08-18-2001, 12:59 AM
Yuck!!!

xveganxkidx
08-19-2001, 01:57 AM
slayer i think you completely missed the point of ng mui's posts... i know the kid and he is as much into wing chun as anyone i have ever met. even more so. so why don't you just try to keep an open mind when reading other peoples posts? if you don't have any preconceived views it will probably be a lot more constructive. i'm not trying to bash on you or anyone else, so please don't take it that way. ;)

wingchunwsl
08-19-2001, 02:44 AM
good job dave. :p

weakstudent
08-19-2001, 03:55 PM
i don't know whats really going on but has anyone ask nig mui rules why he is so negitive about wing chun as you say, maybe if that is done you might have a clearer picture about the person and his views

nelson

whippinghand
08-20-2001, 05:50 AM
It's not like we're talking behind his back...