PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dzu
06-25-2001, 09:32 PM
Hello,

I just found out about this forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dzu Nguyen and I live in San Diego CA, USA. I am 27 years old and an electrical engineer by profession. I have been studying Wing Chun Kuen with my Sifu, Robert Chu for over 4 years now and counting, and have been practicing Wing Chun for almost 7 years total.

I have studied other Martial Arts since I was 5, but it wasn't until I found Wing Chun that I felt like I finally found my art. The other arts that have some familiarity with include (in no particular order) Aikido, Kenpo, Brazillian Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Kali/Escrima, Tai Chi Chuan, Hapkido, and Kung Fu San Soo. I do not claim to be an expert in anything and look forward to some good discussions and content.

Best regards,
Dzu

Martial Joe
06-25-2001, 09:38 PM
Hey I am glad you have found wing chun as your art.Me and you already have something in common,and I am so cool...
...so that makes you semi-cool...
Hey I seldomly ask people this that are martial artist but have you been in a fight with your wing chun?

[This message was edited by Martial Joe on 06-26-01 at 12:46 PM.]

oldwolf
06-25-2001, 11:00 PM
Welcome aboard Dzu.

Hey Joe, I fight with my wing chun all the time and sometimes I even beat it. :D :D :D :D

"And the crowd called out for more"

Sihing73
06-25-2001, 11:04 PM
Hello,

Are you or were you perhaps on the WCML? I seem to remember someone named Dzu on there.

Also, tell Robert I said hello and asked about his newest addition ;)

Peace,

Dave

Martial Joe
06-25-2001, 11:23 PM
OldWolf...that was funy...

kungfu cowboy
06-25-2001, 11:24 PM
Howdy dzu! Welcome here! :D

dzu
06-26-2001, 12:33 AM
Hi Dave,

Yes I am still on the WCML. I don't want to receive 100+ email messages at my work account, so i needed somethign else to satisfy my WC fix during the day. At night I go through my WCML posts with my delete key half pressed. I will see Sifu this weekend so we shall see how he is enjoying fatherhood once again!

Regards,
Dzu

PS no I have not had the misfortune to use my WC in reality. I have witnessed a few fights and have sparred and worked out with practitioneers of other styles, but never actually fought "in the street".

wujidude
06-26-2001, 12:46 AM
Dzu, welcome! I just finished reading the book "Complete Wing Chun" co-authored by your sifu. Except for the title (should've been "Complete History" or something like that), it was a great book. I've also enjoyed your sifu's articles in other forums.

I'm with you on the WCML. It's overwhelming! For me as a rank beginner, it was too much of a good thing. I look in here from time to time for good tidbits.

Cheers.

dzu
06-26-2001, 03:29 AM
wujidude,

I'm glad you enjoyed Sifu and Rene's book.

BTW, the title Complete Wing Chun was chosen by the publishers because they had a series of books out called Complete <martial art> and wanted it to fit in with this series. The original title was actually the second title on the cover of the book (The Definitive Guide to Wing Chun's History and Traditions)

regards,

Dzu

Sihing73
06-26-2001, 03:43 AM
Hi Dzu,

I know what you mean about the delete key LOL some of those emails are very interesting but of little real value :P

When you see Sifu Chu give him my regards. Tell him I am doing well and still have a large family LOL. My youngest just turned five months, Sigh. '
As to never having had to use Wing Chun for real; this is , IMHO, nothing to be ashamed of. Rather it is something of which to be proud :)

Peace,

Dave