PDA

View Full Version : Huge Success!! Wing Chun Summer Camp '04

sihing
07-13-2004, 02:29 PM
The Canadian Wing Chun Kung-Fu Association Summer Camp 2004 just ended and it was a HUGE Success. Celebrating its 9th year anniversary, this camp concentrated on a review of the previous 8 camps. Topics covered Sil Lum forms(Ching-ying, Lau Gar, Fok Fu, Monkey Staff, Two Man staff Form, etc...) from the Butterfly and Hung-gar systems of kung-Fu, New Cross arm, Parallel and Double Arm- Chi-Sao techniques, Knife fighting and Knife Chi-sao techniques, Kneeling and Ground fighting techniques, Chi-Gerk techniques applied to kicking applications, and at the end of the camp all practical techniques were tested by Master Brian Lewadny in a random situation atmosphere. The Camp was attended by students from all schools in the Association with more than 45 attendees. A Banquet was held on Sunday July 11th, and gifts were presented to each attendee of the camp. All had a great time and are looking forward to next year’s event.....Also, Sihing Derek Rowe tested for his level 9 , achieving high marks and witnessed by more than 30 people, Sihing Derek's test lasted over a hour with single and multiple attackers, and we are very proud of him, and know he will achieve even higher skills in his continued journey through the Wing Chun system.

James Roller
www.wingchun-canada.com

kj
07-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks for sharing about your event, James. Sounds like you had a truly jam packed schedule and some great celebrations. Glad it turned out to be another fun and fruitful event for all of you.

I know how enriching these kinds of events can be, and the anticipation in looking forward to them year after year. Ken Chung and Ben Der also host an annual Wing Chun Camp; the 2004 event was held just a couple of weeks ago as well. If we can manage to catch up long enough, hopefully I or some of the others can take a few moments to share a little about our experience too. Thanks again for taking the time to share your summary and reflections with the rest of us.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

sihing
07-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes it was a exciting and enriching event, as it always is. I'm looking forward to hearing about the summer camp you attended Kathy, I'm sure you had a similar experience to mine........

James
P.S. oh and your welcome..