PDA

View Full Version : Gene Rychlack benches 965lbs (vid)

IronFist
07-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Here (http://irongod.net/video/965%20bench.MPG). I'd right click save as because it doesn't seem to stream too well.

Yeah, I know, he's wearing a bench shirt, blah blah blah.

His bench is higher than my total :D :eek:

So come on guys, let's hear about how he'd be so much stronger if he did bodyweight exercises instead. :rolleyes:

IronFist
07-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Bench pressing tip: the fatter you get, the less you have to bring the bar down :D

rubthebuddha
07-13-2004, 09:45 PM
well, if he put you, me and sevenstar on his back during a pushup, he'd be doing close to that weight -- and it'd be all bodyweight ... just not all his. ;)

Serpent
07-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
well, if he put you, me and sevenstar on his back during a pushup, he'd be doing close to that weight -- and it'd be all bodyweight ... just not all his. ;)
Wow, you'd be brave to risk your anal virginity by putting Sevenstar on your back!

abobo
07-13-2004, 10:42 PM
I believe the bench record has surpassed the deadlift record.

Merryprankster
07-14-2004, 05:10 AM
Oh Iron. Have you learned nothing?

the BWE fanatics will point to Gene's shape and use this as an argument that weightlifting makes you slow and musclebound and fat, so BWE are superior for martial arts.

Of course, full contact sparring is superior for martial arts too, but don't tell them that.

And when you try to explain that powerlifters don't care so they don't train to maximize athleticism - just strength, they'll go on and on about knowledge from their sacred book and some guy they know/knew/read about that can jump 20 feet in the air and land on his head and how many powerlifters can do that?

You poor deluded soul.

Ford Prefect
07-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Crap. That's amazing. You could look to the 220 lbs division which has guys with low BF% benching 730+ lbs... Crazy crazy crazy. I couldn't even unrack that much weight on my back! My squat cage would collapse.