PDA

View Full Version : Keep posts relevant

Sihing73
06-25-2001, 11:10 PM
Hello,

This is just a reminder to keep posts relevant to Wing Chun and edifying to each other. I recently deleted the topic about Defending Wing Chun in the Kung Fu Forum because it was basically degenerating into name calling.

This forum is not the place to promote ones sexual orientation nor personal beliefs. Nor is it the place to bash one anther because of any of those beliefs or points of view. This is a forum for the discussion and promotion of the art of Wing Chun. If you feel the need to express yourself outside of the art then please feel free to do it somewhere else.

I appoligize to those who may have been offended or upset by the topic I refer to. I had hoped that people would exhibit soem maturity and bring the topic back to Wing Chun. Since it degraded into something having nothing to do with the art I deleted it.

As always, anyone wishing to discuss this in greater detail can contact me via emial at either:
Sihing73@Juno.Com or dmcknight@rcn.com

Peace,

Dave

Martial Joe
06-25-2001, 11:22 PM
I think you do a better job then kung lek...

studentsifu
06-25-2001, 11:56 PM
Thank you Sihing73!
Those comments made about me being molested as a child were rude and uncalled for.
I can stand ****phobia to a point, but the hate and bigotry being shown on this forum was amazing.
But I don't understand why you would call me being myself promoting sexual beliefs.
Promotion means advertising a product so others will buy it. Show me once where I asked any Wing Chun brother on this forum to try ****sexuality.
But regardless, I realize that is the way you and most people will view me. I am just a gay to you who by being himself is promoting ****sexuality.
Regardless, I thank you for your wisdom in removing that senseless crap that was on that topic.

-Tathagata

Sihing73
06-26-2001, 03:39 AM
Tathagata,

Your sexual preference is of no interest to me, nor I am sure to most of the others on this forum. To be quite frank I personally don't care whether you are Gay, Straight Bi or whatever, I could care less.

I have known decent people who happen to be gay and straight people who were less than decent, and vice versa.

My personal feelings are of no consequence as this is an individual preference and each of us must answer to our own conscience.

I will ask that you, and everyone else, restrict posts to the subject of Wing Chun however. Regardless of the intent I will continue to delete any further posts which stray from the subject of our art. I really could care less about the beliefs others may have and just as I will not try to convert anyone to my way of thinking I expect the same consideration. Let this subject rest in peace and stick the art of Wing Chun.

Mikey,

Thanks for the kindness but it is you guys who keep me in line from time to time :) As I have said before this is your forum not mine. I don't like to exert myself as I am very lazy :p

Peace,

Dave

Martial Joe
06-26-2001, 05:22 AM
Dave~ was that last part to me or to mikey?

Sihing73
06-26-2001, 11:54 AM
Hi Martial Joe,

I stand corrected that was directed to you not Mikey ;)

You know I am an older guy and sometimes when I miss my medication my mind wanders. Sorry about that but see :p it just goes to show how you guys keep me in line LOL

Peace,

Dave

Martial Joe
06-26-2001, 06:49 PM
Eat your Wheates Dave...