PDA

View Full Version : Yip Man form Videos

Phil Redmond
07-15-2004, 12:35 PM
http://www.wck-media.co.uk

Shadowboxer
07-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Sifu Redmond,

Do you have any clips demonstrating apps of the full sidestep that you can share? Thanks.

Matrix
07-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Phil,

Thanks for posting the link.
Very Interesting... :)

Bill

ntc
07-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Phil.... thank you for sharing the Yim Man videos.... they were very interesting. Much appreciated.

Vajramusti
07-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks Phil.

planetwc
07-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the Link Phil.

More importantly, thanks for sharing the William Cheung TWC videos on the same site. It was very enlightening to see all 3 sets performed directly by GM Cheung himself.

It gives a great landmark from which to compare it against other Wing Chun forms and approaches.

It would be interesting to see GM Cheung doing the forms now compared to 1984 to see what he has refined, what has become more efficient or more stressed, what is less emphasized etc.

In any case, a rare glimpse into the sylablus of a system.

Thanks again!

yylee
07-15-2004, 11:46 PM
thanks Phil.

great clips from YM!

Phil Redmond
07-16-2004, 01:42 AM
You're all welcome. I sent the mpegs to Garry from the UK. Some of you may know him from a couple of the WC groups/mail lists.
I've got those YM vids saved to my computer ;)
Phil

R Clausnitzer
07-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil Redmond
You're all welcome. I sent the mpegs to Garry from the UK. Some of you may know him from a couple of the WC groups/mail lists.
Phil

Hi, Phil

I'd like to add my appreciation.

Haven't seen the dummy sequence before.....the poignancy of Yip Man's efforts is both inspiring and heartbreaking.

Regards.

Rolf

Matrix
07-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil Redmond
Now we all do, thanks to you. :D

Bill

Ernie
07-16-2004, 08:55 AM
ayy yo phil big up's man ;)
this will go right next to my 8mm footage of bruce lee sparring
rare footage files
thanks

Phil Redmond
07-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Shadowboxer
Sifu Redmond,

Do you have any clips demonstrating apps of the full sidestep that you can share? Thanks.
I don't have one ready at the present but if you email me your address I can make a small mpeg and send it to you.

Shadowboxer
07-16-2004, 02:48 PM
You should have it. I edited the '54 Macau fight for you. Let me know if you don't. Thanks.

Phil Redmond
07-17-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm so sorry. I didn't realize who you were. I remembered you by your real name. I've changed isp and lost many email addys from my address book. Can you send it to me again?

vt guy
07-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks Phil for the clips.

I found another site that has a short clip of Yip Man doing the dummy form and the pole form.

http://www.dream-tool.net/tools/messageview.mv?view+wingchun+1631+index

These clips are different than the ones posted here, they show a different angle, so I'm guessing that there's other videos of yip man in action.

Does anyone have more of this video clip or do I have to buy it on video on some site? If I do, can someone tell me where to find it?

Thanks