PDA

View Full Version : choy lay fut vs. wing chun... who do you think would wing?

wingchunwsl
06-26-2001, 01:20 AM
i heard choy lay fut is a very powerful style and that there was a big rival between the choy lay fut guys and the wing chun guys. if a clf man and a wc man were to have a friendly contest, who do you think would win? both of them have the same years of training too.

whippinghand
06-26-2001, 02:32 AM
It's not the styles that beat each other, it's the people. Style has nothing to do with it (well, most of the time).

Anarcho
06-26-2001, 04:04 AM
I think Choy Lay Fut would win becuase it's an inherently superior style. That's why I practice Wing Chun and am posting on a Wing Chun forum. :confused:

Soup is good food.

Martial Joe
06-26-2001, 05:23 AM
Do people ever learne???

CanadianBadAss
06-26-2001, 06:56 AM
Dude... this is a wing-chun forum. It’s like going to a hockey game and taking a poll if the people like baseball or hockey better.

Don’t ask retarded questions... and I’m sorry if offended any retarded people, I'm just trying to make a point.

P.L.

CanadianBadAss
06-26-2001, 06:58 AM
Or is mentally less fortunate? What ever, i'll shut up now

wingchunwsl
06-26-2001, 08:08 AM
sorry i'm new here. i didn't know it would offend u guys if i asked that kind of question here. :o

Armin
06-26-2001, 08:26 AM
Hi wingchunwsl!

They guys weren't offended. They are just intelligent enough to know the truth about "unbeatable" methods. And it's somehow tiring to answer this question every month. Just scroll down, there'll be enough posts like that.

Hint: If you want to know about other styles or if you want to campare them to Wing Chun, just go to these schools and train with them. You will learn a lot more that way!

Armin.

ATENG
06-26-2001, 11:04 PM
(nt)

---------------------
Its all fun and games til someone loses an
eye. Then its just fun.

ATENG
06-26-2001, 11:06 PM
oh yeah...what Armin said, too

---------------------
eye. Then its just fun.

greyseal
06-26-2001, 11:20 PM
ATENG, I think it should read:
Then it's just fun you can't see.

ATENG
06-27-2001, 07:50 AM
is that how it goes? i remember hearing my college roommate say it and thought it was kinda funny. it became more so when i took up wingtsun...haha.

---------------------
eye. Then its just fun.

Wongsifu
06-27-2001, 11:41 AM
As everybody who stated already its the person not the style ... RIGHT GUYS :D
No seriously the thing is there is a lot of wing chun phoneys out there because of bruce lee everyone went to learn it, theres a lot of WC dudes who are the equivalent of the 8th dan karate master who breaks plyboard to show his deadly techniques. However because choy leay fut is not so well known there isnt so many people on the bandwagon for it so what you will get to learn is a lot more kosher.
there is always obviously the excpetion of the guy who learnt a bit of karate and taekwondo some WC and is in a city where people are oblivious to what kung fu is so he opens up a kung fu book and says hay weel call it choy li fut .. and then you get screwed... :)

Kinda like calling watered down modified Judo, gracie jujitsu :D
please dont tell me theres any mma trolls on these posts

on a side note choy lay gut and win chun are as opposite to syles as you can get do a web search and see the differences

Ive finally done it I can train longer by getting paid to do nothing , and my parents always called me lazy :)
get paid online http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2475225