PDA

View Full Version : Tony Cecchine's fitness level

IronFist
07-15-2004, 10:35 PM
On his website (specifically, here (http://www.catchwrestle.com/routineinfo.htm) on his website), he says he can:

5,000 plus squats non-stop

400+ lb bench presses for reps

Nearly 700 lb. deadlifts

Strict curls with 225lbs

Dips with 300 lbs attached for reps

Over 1,000 consecutive pushups

122 pushups in 60 seconds

At at bodyweight of 220.

Wouldn't that deadlift be close to some kind of record? It's over 3x bodyweight.

So do you think that's true? He's a pretty muscular guy, but some of those seem kind far fetched, yes? You know how people tend to exaggerate.

Toby
07-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
You know how people tend to exaggerate. What are you saying? You calling me a lier? Well, **** you, Iron!

:D

I'd like to see some of Tony's exercises. I don't believe anything without proof ;).

Ford Prefect
07-16-2004, 04:57 AM
Dunno. I'm with Toby. For claims that large I'd definately need to some proof.

FooFighter
07-16-2004, 10:11 AM
"What are you saying? You calling me a lier? Well, **** you, Iron!" Toby, jew a funny man (said in a ScarFace Tony Montana's accent.) "I'd like to see some of Tony's exercises. I don't believe anything without proof ;)." I agree with you and Ford on this point. I personally would like to see first before I believe. Not calling him a liar, but I dont believe everything I read either.

From what I learned he is a fierce catch wrester and believer in hard core training and he was a student of a well established old school strong man named Stanley Radwan. He claimed he learned many old school training methodology from Radwan including CB, KBs, and old fashioned BWEs. So it quite possible that he may be that strong. However, seeing is believing. If all his claims are true, than he is the man and he is one of my personal role models.

My old wing chun sifu is an internet catch expert who learned all his grappling moves by buying and studying his videos. I guess this man must be someone who we should be watching too?

IronFist
07-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Even Tony says on his website that BWEs won't develop high levels of strength.

Hehe.

Not that "somebody saying something on their website" is proof of anything, I'm just saying... :)

Nick Forrer
07-18-2004, 04:53 AM
I have a video of his that Foo fighters ex sifu sent me

All I will say is that

a) In terms of wrestling/MA he seems like the real deal and can demonstrate everything he advocates

b) He is built like a brick shi_t house

of course whether those strength claims are exaggerations I dont know...