PDA

View Full Version : kfo teamspeak or ventrillo server

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-16-2004, 12:11 PM
let me know if there would be any interest in me setting up a ts or vent server for kfo.

i could do both if neccessary.

MasterKiller
07-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Do you have a link for a geek translator?

Chang Style Novice
07-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah, if I had any idea wtf you're talking about, I'd be more likely to have a real opinion.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-16-2004, 02:30 PM
they are voice chat programs. i usually use them for online gaming, but i thought what the hell. all you need is a mic and the program and your good to go.

PaiLumDreamer
07-16-2004, 02:58 PM
That would be cool. :D

Oso
07-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Then we would all be really disappointed to hear that 7* sounds like Tiny Tim but amazed the GDA sounds like Rick Astley....

lets see, I kinda sound like Booger from "Revenge..."

Masterkiller would of course be out of synch...

CSN would sound like an old 70's hippie rockster, of course...

Oso
07-16-2004, 03:22 PM
joking, of course, guys.

GDA, I guess those are independant programs versus the likes of "Roger Wilco" that is packaged with a lot of games?

btw, I've played Morrowind on Xbox and highly recommend it for when you have a lot of time to spend on character development.
I never have more than a few hours a week so I stick to simple stuff like Diablo II.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-17-2004, 07:07 PM
thanks oso ... i have a copy for pc and im taking my desktop with me to the hospital. my buddy highly reccomends it as well.

ill throw up the servers tonight. ill do one for vent and ts. the address will be 209.240.0.95 ... no pass for now.

ill just leave them running and see how it goes.

if people actually get the software (its free) well arrange specific times to get everyone on togeather and bs.

linkys:

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
http://www.teamspeak.org/_download.php

most people will know this, but for those of you who are missing a nerd chromosome or two don't worry about the server platforms .... just the client platform.

Volcano Admim
07-17-2004, 07:14 PM
man i love the Elder Scroll Series
but no way Morrowind could possibly run on "Submachine" (this powerfull computer o mine from where i speak to u now).
Submachine definately needs an upgrade, the poor thing.

Vash
07-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I vote ventrilo, cuz it was the only thing to let me download.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-17-2004, 07:38 PM
they are both up and running. ventrillo is supposed to be a little clearer anyway. i've just used ts more cause the server client is realy dumbed down for me.

Volcano Admim
07-17-2004, 08:41 PM
dude i installed ventrilo
im there now but i dont got a mic
so i cant say anything, i can only type on the chat thingie
also i cant hear anything, dunno if its a prograbm problem or cos gda is not saying anything?
also it says TTS text to speech but i type stuff and my puter is not pronouncing anything... how do i use the TTS feature?

Chang Style Novice
07-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Actually, I sound like a cross between Gilbert Gottfried and Bobcat Goldthwaite.

So, you should thank your lucky stars I'm NOT participating in voice chat.