PDA

View Full Version : Theory of Localization Evolution

Hendrik
07-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Theory of Localization Evolution.

Theory of Localization Evolution model tries to describe the evolution nature, address the nature needed to satisfy both the needs of individual in term of physical size, conscious level,, environment trend...etc. thus, provide an open space for the future development and place localization evolution as important as the past development. Theory of Localization Evolution or TLE is means to become a tool for future development or paradigm shift. Shifting from praise only the past and supress the development of the present, to equaly value all effort to satisfied the pragmatic needs and phylosophical depth of the past, present, and future.

WCK has gone throught the following localization evolution in minimum.

1, the migration of Fujianese to SzeChuan era

2, The migration into Canton Red boat era

3, The migration from red boats to village of canton era

4, The migration from canton to overseas era

5, The overseas chinese community to wold wide era.

Note: in era 2,3, and 4 WCK has to face CLF. Because CLF is a big thing of canton China in 1850 era. similar to BJJ or Muay Thai today. the involvement of any two arts always influence and evolve each others. Thus, this is another key to check where in location and in what era the localization evolution is likely. As we heard the story about LJ fight the CLF (some says LJ figth WFH of Hung gar, Yik Kam fight the CLF (some say Yik Kam fight Chen Heng's students), YM fight the CLF.....
To be real to exist in certain era, cross involvement or exchange is a must. One cannot claim to be in Canton 1850 and as the top best but never face CLF which is a revolutionized art of Shao Lin.\
where do you think some of those WCK's wider steps and faster steps and jumping steps raisng knee influence by? guess :D

Why CLF a revolutionized Shao Lin art become so popular and used in the rebel's uprising traing such as the Taiping? there must be a reason. Why not the old shao lin art as told in the legend of the five ancestors to over thrown Qing? presume they exist in 1700. there must be a reason. EVerything localized evolve.

if Zen teaching itself has to localized evolve to continous on, all the Zen based art has to localized evolve. otherwise, it doesnt make sense. Thus, I personally never convince that any Shao Lin art can stay without localization evolution for even as long as 80 years. which is two generation if Chan teaching cannot do it. So does the ofspring art from the Chan teaching. Not to mention if there isnt Chan in the teaching.

Thus, localization evolution is unavoidable and lie is not neccesary. Telling the truth of how and why localization evolution is done needs to be encourgage....... instead of continous the habit of Chinese tradition that everything a called for localization evolution and a localization evolution job well done. The story is always. "oh my sifu teach me secretly, oh the god gives me a dream."

With each era, WCK is driving into localized evolution due to the needs of the tradition, philosophy, living condition, physical structures of inhabitant, opposition art, Psychology of the teachers....etc.

To bloom WCK has to continous localized evolved into next era.

As an example of Localization evolution,

It is very interesting that SLT/SNT is still preserve as a core in WCK today even WCK has passed throught various localization evolution.

However, we can see the localization evolution has brought localization evolution such as the name variation of SNT and SLT. Some get rid of the SLT set but preserve the core concept in a seperate manner, Some with one set SLT with different section. Some with three sets presenting similar core concept. Some further evol into different sets of SLT such as the original SLT or the Advance SLT or even a combination of SLT set and SNT set.

Theory of Localization Evolution state that. Localization Evolution is a wave like influence. It will never die off but fading as another wave of new localization evolution started.

However, localization evolution doesnt change the core root. DNA eventhought it is a nature to involve other favous into the evolution.

For example, if I train Hung Gar iron wire set and you train Hung gar Iron wire set beside WCK. even if we are allied, we still cannot claim the Hung gar iron wire set is the ancestor of WCK. For Claiming the Hung Gar's Iron wire set is the same with SLT or SNT is not an localization evolution but a mis leading.

-------------------------

Yi Jing Jing is just a localization evolution of Yoga created by Damo or Boddhidharma.

Zen school of China is a localization evolution of Buddhism from India. without this localization Buddhism will not sustain while it was fading away in its mother land India.
(BTW: Damo didnt ask his followers in shao Lin to take curry as main food :D Chinese food is ok! )

SLT is a localization evolution when the Fujianese who knows White Crane Weng Chun of Fujian migrate to SzeChuan area.

Different WCK of the post and red boat era are a localization evolution of what the ancestors of the lineage involved in --- from preformance art to triad.

Different WCK in the 70's are a localization evolution and integration of other martial arts be it in HongKong or Malaysia or SEA or China or USA. influence by the WCK practitioners' such arts such as Boxing or Yee Chuan or CLF or Hung Gar or nothern Shao Lin or Taiji.

WCK in the Future will be other localization evolution be it integration or mix arts depend on the needs of the people of different location.

WCK has reached a point
Similar to the transmission of Chan teaching in the era of the 6th patriach Hui Neng --- a localization evolution encouragement era.
provided not losing the Mind seal. Thus, parallel to Chan teaching after Hui Neng's era, the bow and rope are no longer used to justified the orthodox or tradition or the true teaching. But become a localization evolution encouragement era.

and that localization evolution encouragement era which doesnt stick to the Bow and Rope as the only true tradition and true teaching bring Chan buddhism to bloom for next a thousand years and to different part of the world as Japan, Korea, SEA, including USA today.

ready to bloom WCK for next one thousand years? Localized and EVolved to satisfy pragmatic needs without losing the core phylosophy of WCK ----- comes recieve, goes send it back, using silence to subdue action, hard and soft applied adaptively.
attact the head response with tail, attact the tail response with head, attact the body (mid/upper lower section) response with both tail and head. ( These snake analogy tell the full story of the heaven, man, earth or three parts attact and counter attact phylosophy of the past.)

You want to localized evolved your WCK with adapting BJJ? sure why not? it said " attact the body response with both tail and head. " wrap/pin the body of the opponent with the legs and attact the opponent with hands. Why not?

IT doesnt make sense it is a must to have to do YJKYM with the pajama type China Tang Dynasty pant instead of Jean isnt it?
But YJKYM is not a wide horse stance.:D
wear you nike or addidas, that is even better for YJKYM because they comes with air cusion which supporting a great sinking or rooting without hurting the angle or knee joins if one did wrong.

So, localized and evolved. Good LUCK!

Ya, BoddhiDhama (DAmo) of Shao Lin teach me this secret teaching last night in my dream! :D hahahaaha

PaulH
07-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Speaking of localizing, when are you back to San Jose, Hendrik? I may ride my YJKYM with the help of a Corolla to visit you if you are available soon. And how was the China trip? Did you find something more interesting than those Hawaii Hula dance over there? Glad to see you back! And keep it short and simple on your next post! =)

Hendrik
07-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi Pual,

I am back and forth. So, tell me when you want to come up. I plan go down to Robert Chu's school recently.

As for the Theory of Localization Evolution I composed in short a form : hahahaha.

1, It is nature and a must for A teaching, An art, A technology, or A practiced to go through Localization Evolution to continous its existance and to further its development. This localization evolution is a must in order to adapt to support the pragmatic needs of an era (, a location, a group of people, .a leader..ect) to excell, and or to flow with the world wide development.

2, Localization Evolution is similar to wave. it decreases in magnitude exponentially but it never totally die off when the new wave arise

Applying the Theory of localization evolution, one can very quickly scan out if a development is likely or not for an era and screen out the DNA of a system since the "ex wave" signature always stored with less magnitude but never die off.

Hendrik
07-18-2004, 09:02 AM
The application:

1, Localization Evolution theory said that to evolve to satisfy the pragmatic fighting/ survival needs of a location /group of people/ tribe/ fame/ect is un avoidable. Thus, the integration of Muay Thai or BJJ technics or new technics created influence by Muay Thai or BJJ into WCK is un avoidable.

As for a check: One can check into the WCK technics before 1970 where before the Muay thai was bloom or influential in SEA and HOng kong compare with the WCK techincs after 1980's , and compare also with the WCK technics of the WCK pratitioners of Mainland China to see if these prediction of localization evolution influence by Muay Thai view from different area is true.

2, Localization Evolution theory said that to evolve to satisfy the leader's need of marketing/ fame/ personal or tribe needs is un avoidable. Thus, the integration of other art or creating HIs-story to make a system seems older or most original to satisfied the pragmatic of marketing survival or personal/ tribal benifit/ gain purpose is un avoidable in a market place or group of people where "oldest" is view as equal to the "best".

As for a Check: One can check into the WCK history before 1940, 1970 after GM Ip and other old GM passed away, and compared with today's HIs-story where all the old pre 2nd world war WCK GM had passed away to see how the HIs-Story localized evolved. Look for yourself.

3, Localization Evolution theory used inversely can traced out whether if the subject under investigation is likely doesnt go through localization Evolution or it is a modern replica.

For example, in CMA, lots of people claiming thier martial art is a creation from Shao Lin in 1700 or before , and beliving that the legend of the 5 elderly monks of shao lin in Shao lin etc.

However, one knows with evidents that in 1800 --1850's era. IN Canton, CLF was a big hit in the southern china in that era, where CLF was seen as an evolution art which based from Shao lin. In Fujian, White CRane of Fujian went through a lots of localization evolution which split its teaching into different directions or different Crane methods. In additional, New Style like the Ngo Cho or Five ancestors adapting White CRane and other older art to create Ngo Cho. These were the big trend.

existance wise:

Since the above martial art: CLF and White Crane did involved in directly in uprising of china. Where CLF involve in 1850 Taiping uprising. White Crane of FUjian involve in both mid 1600's fighting of Qing and Taiwan, and the 1850's Taiping uprising.

How should the art created in the Shao Lin by the elderly looks like compare with White Crane of Fujian in mid 1600? where there is still record describe White CRane of fujian in mid 1600/1700 and on?

Why such a great creation by the top monks of Shao Lin didnt and have zero record on the history of china compared with CLF or White CRane or the battle field un arm fighting art of General Chi of Ming dynasty.

Technical wise:

Is the claim art has a technics closer to the modern day art or to the old White CRane of Fujian or Ming's General Chi's art such as some components the Chen Taiji system kept.

Thus, one can find out, lots of so called art originate from the same shao lin legend is an localization evolution but with an old shao lin label.

NOw, The theory of localization doesnt judge the technical content of this Localization Evolve art with an "oldest " label. And it is possible this Localization Evolution art has a sound technical improvement or reason and technically respectable

BUt, applying the theory of localization inversly, one knows, it is very very very not likely such an art exist in 1600.

The theory of Localization Evolution said

all localization evolution is driven by needs range from survival to personal fame. It is a nature. Should be understood/ respect for its existance since it is a part of living and encourage for telling the truth to grow positive and constructively.

Why spending time argueing who is the oldest when it is a time everyone can learn from everyone to localized evolved with a globa view in this modern web third wave world?

OK Pual, I am done with what Damo of Shao LIn teaching in the DReam last night? :D

Nah, I got these ideas above from reading into CMA history, third wave, spiral dynamic, ken wilber, integration psychology, white crane's history, history of chinese uprising, the evolution of Chan teaching, theory of Chaos, maslow, travellin to visit different chan masters and martial artists................ for past a year.

Hendrik
07-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Time for an old song, so you can sing in your colora when you comes up to san jose. hahahah. have fun and just take my theory of localization evolution as a joke. dont take it serious. hahahah

Bee Gees
Title: I Started A Joke

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

'Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was one me.

AmanuJRY
07-18-2004, 09:56 AM
That was a joke??

It sounded a little too insiteful and reseached to be a joke.

Hendrik
07-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by AmanuJRY
That was a joke??

It sounded a little too insiteful and reseached to be a joke.

When the awareness starts to identify a theory or a thesis or a role or a truth , a self, a consciousness beging, and thus Ego begins.

Keep the awareness but beware of the begining of Ego starts with Identifiying something to be a self.

Then, everything will flow and evolve naturely.

Joke or insight or research are just concept, we dont want to identify any of them as self or the truth. We just aware, and that is the teaching of Chan brought by Damo to China. But, Nah, you dont have to eat Curry or say it in Chinese. Just aware and aware can be communicate with different languages and in different ways.

That awareness in WCK we also called it ------ LISTENING or JUST LISTEN.

remember Bruce Lee hits that kid's head and tell him to look at the moon, not at the finger, and DONT THink? :D

Hendrik
07-18-2004, 03:10 PM
One of the idea, may be we can get Gene or Kungfu Magazine to do a Theory of Localization Evolution special series of WCK.

Every lineages or branches can present thier story in a half page and two photos or so.

No judgement, put published everyone's view.

It will be great for business for Gene and it will be great for WCner to know about others view. It certainly will be great for the future generation to be able to look back to see the evolution.

AmanuJRY
07-18-2004, 03:31 PM
That would be cool.

PaulH
07-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Hendrik,

When you see Damo in your next dream, do send my regards! Seems like a likable chap running around and do interesting numbers on people's head! But what you said about meeting with R. Chu definitely sounds like great idea. It would be great to meet you and him whenever you're in town for that visit. Please let me know when! Keep Fa Jing and sleepy pillow in your palm as I still have many questions on those! =)

Take care,

Paul

Hendrik
07-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Hi Pual,

attached the Van helsing report:

I have tested the 3 pre-SLT Yik Kam's keys Kung of " Snake slide Worm move " with the Icy Yosemite Water fall crystal clear water.

It works. It generates heat on the spine, on every inch of the body to resist the icy cold water.

Then, I know this art can be used in the icy goldern summit of Emei mountain. it can be used to activate the SLT, sun puch, biujee,,,,,,,,,, and the signature of Snake body of Emei reveal. .......
It takes only 45 mins to learn. 15 mins each key. Then, one's SLT will never be the same anymore. When the key to turn on the reactor is Emei then it is not Shao Lin.

I hope it will be free. Similar to the crystal clear water form the Yosemitee water fall. where everyone can enjoy and ofcorse. --- one catched. it is everyone's responsibility to protect the Yosemitee and let no one abuse it.

Best Regards

Van helsing

"Advanture is forever be it in Transivania, Peak of Emei Mt, or Yosemiti."

PaulH
07-19-2004, 09:45 AM
45 minutes! Count me in! This beats two hour SLT of YM! =)

Hendrik
07-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by PaulH

after that 45 mins, then you can do the two hour SLT of YM. Otherwise, you are suffering that two hour instead of practicing SLT.

PaulH
07-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Don't you get tired from sitting that long though regardless of what you do? How would your method cope with this mental and bodily fatigue?

Hendrik
07-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Don't you get tired from sitting that long though regardless of what you do? How would your method cope with this mental and bodily fatigue?

Ernie's great and realistic idea: proper mental and body training. there aint magic.

Tom Kagan
07-19-2004, 12:46 PM

Two hours? Someone's been pulling your leg by telling tall tales. It would not surprise me one bit if the "two hours" of today becomes "four hours" in another fifteen to twenty years.

Regardless of whether he actually could work SiuNimTao for two hours, I personally guarantee that a person as smart as Yip Man would never bother trying that more than once.

Forty five minutes is plenty. If you're not getting enough benefit in your VingTsun practice of SiuNimTao by then, you may want to consider another hobby besides standing around and seeing how much dust can collect on your body. ;)

taltos
07-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom Kagan
Forty five minutes is plenty. If you're not getting enough benefit in your VingTsun practice of SiuNimTao by then, you may want to consider another hobby besides standing around and seeing how much dust can collect on your body. ;)

Priceless. I LOVE it!

-Levi

PaulH
07-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Perhaps Yip Man was meditating on the meaning of dust on my shoulder and WC Zen. This may explain his unusual power! =)

P.S. I find the tale charming similar to the story of a soldier, in order to prove his undying love, waited patiently below his beloved princess's castle window spot for 100 days in all kinds of testing weather. On the last 100th day where they were supposed to get married, he left her! I leave the moral to your delicate sense and sensability! Thanks for the warning post! =)

Hendrik
07-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Tom Kagan

Tom,

I guess standing in NYC's area where most sexy fashion models walks around will be a great hobby to stand for 2hours for Pual;)
Sure it never get bored!

Pual, you can tell your wife you are practicing the top chinese secret advance martial art there!

But then, dont lose your Jing and QI and Shen from your eyes Pual. :D

or your root chakra takes over. hehehe

reneritchie
07-21-2004, 11:44 AM
I must confess, while I've become rather disinterested in much of the WCK 'history' stuff these days, it has illuminated to me how people can spend $100M on a big Summer movie that is more with the bust than the blockbuster.

WCK just is. There's no fancy secret special origin. What came before naturally evolved step by step over the generation into what we have now, with various mutations springing off past and present. Sometimes there were bursts of rabid development. Sometimes there were periods of almost none.

While this is not so terribly exciting and won't fill the training halls with the Bruce-Lee wannabees, it is still a great deal less oderous than all the Shaw brothers cr@p the last 50 years of WCK commercialization and apostatetry has brought us.

Hendrik
07-21-2004, 06:29 PM
When Rene post, I always love to sing my old song.

Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,
Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.

Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they did not know how.

Without facing the Reality and understood the components of each Localization Evolution there is no solid based for future development.

and Ofcorse for human, facing reality is scary because it might mean the end of the dream they hold on to and that is just human, same for everyone.

One can spend 100millions to make a big vast deep movie called WCK.

Started from the Red Boat uprising to the death of Bruce Lee. and that is the story about Actors how they fight for freedom and how they fight to express themself. Pice by pice shows the Localization evolution.....

WCK is a movie. A movie about searching for a better tommorow and the beautiful spring to come next year.

But without facing the winter... there is no spring. without the courage to open up and see and to be honest. There is no spring.

sound like a good movie?

as spiderman 2 said " great power come with great responsibility and sometimes one has to sacrify one's dream to do the right thing"

Not an easy act. Not for everyone. Thus, spiderman is just a movie.