Jumping Jacks
Shuffle Splits
Burpees
Mountain Climbers
Slalom Jumps

Clubbell/Kettlebell circuit warm-up

Swipes x 15 (25 lbs club)
Mills x 10 (25 lbs club)
(2 sets of each w/30 seconds rest between exercises in circuit form)

2-hand swings x 15(32kg KB)
snatches x 10 (24kg KB)
(2 sets of each w/30 seconds rest between exercises in circuit form)

Weights

Close-grip Power Snatch 1x6; 2x5 ; 2x3
Box Squat 1x6; 2x5 ; 2x3
Goodmorning 3x5
Glute-ham Raise 2x8
(45 seconds rest between sets)

GPP

Sled Dragging for 10 minutes straight (hold straps at shoulders)

Abs

Foot-to-bar leg raises 2x5
Dragonflags 2x5
Ab wheel 2x5
(30 seconds rest between sets)

Cool-down

Stretching

---------------------------------

It was a killer. My grip was fried by the time I got to the KB snatches and it didn't let up the rest of the time. It felt like a really good workout though.

stubbs
07-20-2004, 11:44 AM
i doubt i'd get past the warm up!

did you learn somersaults and stuff as a kid?

what does GPP stand for?

sounds like a fun workout! lots of variety. is this a regular thing or just a one off mix up?
________
Threesome compilation (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1063/compilation/videos/1)

Ford Prefect
07-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Naw. Somersaults are easy. I had to get teach myself the back hand spring though. The tumbling loosens me up. I'm going to try to make this a regular thing. I'm prepping myself for a field sport, which I haven't done in some time.

GPP is "General Physical Preparedness". It's basically just a base level of conditioning.

IronFist
07-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Sommersaults on the ground? Or like a flip in the air?

How fast are you jumping rope? Cuz if I go fast I don't even think I could do 1 3 minute round. Do you count jumps per second or something?

Ford Prefect
07-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Just on the ground. I can back flip though! :)

I jump a pretty good pace. At least 90 revolutions per minute, so I'm skipping 1.5x/second. It's broken into 15 second intervals, so I alternate skipping technique every 15 seconds. It helps make the time go by quicker...

FatherDog
07-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
I'm prepping myself for a field sport, which I haven't done in some time.

What sport are you prepping for?

blooming lotus
07-20-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm jealous :cool: ...barely have time to my scratch myself at the moment.but on back flips, did you see on around he wold in 80 days, Jackie Chan faces offwith this samurai looking guy andpulls off some crazy reverse kip up looking thing????......I'm going to pull it apart when I find some time, but props.....

that's what I'm talking about when I say getting a sweat up ;)

Toby
07-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Hey, it must've been a good workout - you get the Eyebrows Seal of Approval!

I can't skip for **** either. I do 300 skips to warmup before weights and 400 after to cool down. I can't do it in a row most of the time (i.e. I stuff up and catch my feet) but I've done 300 quite a few times straight and it's pretty painful. I dunno how long I could go, but 400 hurts.

Re field sport - I'd guess you'll have a higher fitness level than any of your teammates. Guys I know who play 1st grade rugby drink and take drugs regularly. My one friend was a bouncer then head of security then "P.R. manager" :rolleyes: now shareholder in a club so his lifestyle isn't ideal athletically speaking.

rubthebuddha
07-20-2004, 09:37 PM
What sport are you prepping for? bocci ball. he's almost in shape for it, too. :D

Ford Prefect
07-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Rub,

I'm actually prepping for a professional career at lawn darts.

F-Dog,

I'm either doing Aussie Rules Football or Rugby Union. They're the only two contact field sports around that old men can play!

Toby,

There's actually a moderately good level of play in the Union leagues around here. Within 10 miles of my appartment alone, there are over 10 teams that compete in the New England Rugby Union League and they have different divisions for different levels of skill. They go from Div 1 to Div 4. A couple of the teams are usually going for the national championship and one recruits players from Europe and pays them to come here and finds jobs for them. I'm going to need to be in good shape to compete with these guys.

Here are two of the better teams:

http://www.biwrfc.com/biwmission.html

http://www.brfc.org/

And here's the Aussie football main one:

http://www.bostondemons.com

FatherDog
07-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Sweet. Good luck, Ford.

Ford Prefect
07-21-2004, 07:35 AM
and Today:

Warm-up

Circuit 3x5:
-Somersault
-Reverse somersault
-Tripod to roll-out

Dynamic ROM exercises

Jumping Rope x 4 3:00 rounds w/1:00 breaks
(again alternating skip patterns)

Endurance

Sprint Circuit: (75% max speed. concentrate on technique)
-Set 1: 100 yards, 100 yards, 100
-Set 2: 100, 100x2, 100
-Set 3: 100x2, 100, 100x2
-Set 4: 100, 100x2, 100
-Set 5: 100, 100, 100
(rest 90 seconds between sets; walk 20 yards between each sprint)

Medicine ball work

Circuit 2x5:
-Chest Pass
-Step-in Pass (right and left)
-Twist pass (right and left)
-One-hand twist pass (right and left)
-Overhead pass
-Overhead walking pass (right and left)

Core

Abdominal Circuit 2x10:
6 exercises...

--------------------------------------------

This was light work to recover from yesterday. My legs are begging for mercy from all the sprint work and weights though.

Thanks, F-dog. ;)

blooming lotus
07-21-2004, 04:35 PM
okay...now you're just boasting ;)

Toby
07-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
There's actually a moderately good level of play in the Union leagues around here. Within 10 miles of my appartment alone, there are over 10 teams that compete in the New England Rugby Union League and they have different divisions for different levels of skill. They go from Div 1 to Div 4. A couple of the teams are usually going for the national championship and one recruits players from Europe and pays them to come here and finds jobs for them. I'm going to need to be in good shape to compete with these guys.

Here are two of the better teams:

http://www.biwrfc.com/biwmission.html

http://www.brfc.org/

And here's the Aussie football main one:

http://www.bostondemons.com I like the mascots of the 1st one! Both the rugby teams have some big boys in them. But I stand by what I said - rugby has a big drinking culture associated with it and some of the guys might lack a bit cardiovascularly. I really think you do more than enough to compete fitness and strength wise. You will just need to develop ball skills and learn the game. It's a lot of fun.

The AFL team has one thing that sends up a red flag to me:

"The Dees walked off to the score of 16.17 to the Eagles 1.2."

The score from their 2nd game shows a severe lack of competition.

BTW, one thing that I didn't think of - the 2nd one mentions some 7's games. 7-a-side games are really fun too. With 1/2 as many players on the field there are more opportunities to run and score. Bigger gaps etc. Even I managed to score a few times in 7's games, and that was a rare occasion in union games.

IronFist
07-21-2004, 09:03 PM
How the hell do you get .17 points? Exactly what kind of game is this?

Toby
07-21-2004, 09:08 PM
16.17 is 16 goals 17 behinds. A goal is 6 points, a behind 1 point. So 16.17 is 113 points. The posts are like this:

| |
| | | |

i.e. two big posts in the middle and two small ones on the sides. A goal is a kick that goes between the big ones, a behind is a touched ball through anywhere, a kick that hits the big ones or a kick that goes through the small ones or an opponent kick through the big ones.

Ford Prefect
07-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Holy crap. I got some learnin' to do! ;)

Thanks for the info, Toby. That'd be great if you're right about the cardio. I like running people into the ground. It's fun breaking your opponents spirit. *grabs crotch and spits*

AFL is really just getting started here. Hasn't even been around 10 years yet, so things are still getting off the ground. I think Boston has one of the better teams because of all the Aussies that came here during the tech boom. Boston was/is the Silicon Valley of the East Coast. They have a metro league which is like the main teams minor leagues made up of 4 local teams. I'm sure there'd be more competition there.

Dunno. I'll have to hit up some games this season, so I can make a better decision.

Ford Prefect
07-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Last day I'll post this. I just wanted MK to get an idea...

Work day again...

Warm-up

Jump Rope (various steps) x3 3:00 rounds w/1:00 breaks

Dynamic ROM Exercises

BWE Circuit: 3 x 30 sec ea exercise(Continuous motion; no rest)
-Jumping Jacks
-Shuffle Splits
-Vertical Jumps
-Mountain Climbers

Medicine Ball Circuit 1x5 each throw... no rest
-Chest Pass
-Step in Chest pass (right and left)
-Two hand twist pass (right and left)
-One hand twist pass (right and left)
-Overhead pass
-Step-in overhand pass (right and left)

Kettlebell Warm-up Circuit (rest 30 seconds between exercises)
-Two hand Swings 32kg 2x15
-Push Press 24kg 2x10

Weights (45 second rest between sets)
-Bench Press: 1x6; 2x5; 2x3
-Push Press: 1x6; 2x5; 2x3
-Turkish Get-up 1x5 (left and right)
-Dips: 3xMax

GPP
Dragging Sled for 6 minutes continuously

Ab circuit (30 seconds between exercises)
Hanging foot-to-bar leg raises 2x5
Dragon Flags 2x5
Ab Wheel 2x5

---------------------

That's it. Took about 1.5 hours. No sprinting today to let my legs recover a little. Did heavy sprinting the last two days and thats killer for the thighs.

norther practitioner
07-22-2004, 03:12 PM
I think I know what shuffle splits are (but tell me anyway) and what are mountain climbers?

norther practitioner
07-22-2004, 03:17 PM
OK, found them.. do you do both legs at the same time, or is do you do it like you can't decide which foot to start out with in track blocks.

rubthebuddha
07-22-2004, 04:21 PM
can't decide. if you tried to hop up a mountainside using both legs at a time,

1. you'd be laughed at by the rest of your group and labeled "the retarded rabbit"
2. you'd be tired after about 30 seconds
3. you'd wind up falling and the roll back down the hill and subsequent injuries would get you plenty of casts for your friends to sign.

norther practitioner
07-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Actually, I realized what I was saying, but wanted some reactions anyway..

We used to call thrusts billy goats, and thats what got me confused...

dipsh!t

Thanks though...:D