PDA

View Full Version : attention 7 ...........

blooming lotus
07-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Since you're the resident judoka, I assume you're the man to ask..........considering Japan for a yr or so for some grappling/throws/locks etc , probably judo or ninijitsu ........can you suggest an area to train and look for work in????

Toby
07-20-2004, 07:13 PM
What happened to WC qualifications in Oz?

blooming lotus
07-20-2004, 08:47 PM
priorities remain and the rest is negotiable :eek: :D :cool:

blooming lotus
07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Toby
What happened to WC qualifications in Oz?

thought about this last night, and what did happen to WC in Aus???......It just doesn't excite me........I could be convinced though........what has it got to offer to me do you think????........really........

Toby
07-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Well you wanted to do it to open a gym in China. My guess is it was another BL spur-of-the-moment idea that was quickly forgotten. No offence, but based on your training history (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29523), I doubt you'd have the patience to learn a complete system, even one as minimalistic as WC. By the sounds of it you're not interested enough to make it worthwhile.

BTW, what happened to your daughter? Why aren't you going to Oz to see her? Or is judo your new flavour of the month and takes priority? I mean, you were sort of saying that Shaolin was your priority in life and your daughter understood etc but now you're considering judo in Japan?

blooming lotus
07-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Well you wanted to do it to open a gym in China.

there's no rush....It's still happening but I'm not keeling over in the nxt yr, so little pressure off ha.....

I doubt you'd have the patience to learn a complete system, even one as minimalistic as WC. By the sounds of it you're not interested enough to make it worthwhile.

maybe not....I'm loose interest quickly kinda gal, but ma, health and fitness in general is on an ongoing thing and has been for many yrs.....I am interested in anything that teahes me anyting new to be honest.........

BTW, what happened to your daughter? Why aren't you going to Oz to see her? Or is judo your new flavour of the month and takes priority? I mean, you were sort of saying that Shaolin was your priority in life and your daughter understood etc but now you're considering judo in Japan?

Grappling etc is part of any combat arsenal, but since 7* won't answer my question, I guess I'll just have to head home and stick to my original arrangement. Maybe I'll head on later, but for now, witout good onformation on where to train etc, I'm just not prepard to take the chance I'll end up on a mountain out snowbush somewhere obligated to contract that won't allow me to train. ......... So home it is, for 2 yrs min......

Ps....It's only China my daughter won't do, and anywhere else is only a flight away min.......irrelevant now anyway ;)

see you at a seminar down the track maybe???

Pps........If you check out my training history and plans for future training, I'd say I'm getting through my list :P.......thxfor brining that back to my attention ;) :D

Toby
07-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
Grappling etc is part of any combat arsenal, but since 7* won't answer my question, I guess I'll just have to head home and stick to my original arrangement. Maybe I'll head on later, but for now, witout good onformation on where to train etc, I'm just not prepard to take the chance I'll end up on a mountain out snowbush somewhere obligated to contract that won't allow me to train.
So your whole decision on what to do for the next year rested on 7*'s advice on an internet forum? Wow.

So home it is, for 2 yrs min...Believe it when I see it ;).

see you at a seminar down the track maybe???I don't do seminars. Besides, I'm west coast. You're more likely to run into Serp :D.

blooming lotus
07-23-2004, 06:56 PM
oh...you mean your hero copme alter????.....dong..you're right....

and no ...my world doesn't rest on 7's shoulders but a link'd be nice .......... gotta prep with job apps ....dong ma???

Ps.....havben't been in the 1 [place for 2 yrs straight for many many yrs....you're right...I'm a hare and it'll be a challenge

cheers :cool:

SevenStar
07-26-2004, 07:43 AM
I completely missed this thread. Where in Japan?

blooming lotus
07-26-2004, 05:22 PM
gaddam.........better late than never ha..........

can get a job virtually anywhere, or failing that a uchi deschi ( live in programme) would be great.........

cheers.but ching.asap.......planning time is limited

Serpent
07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I don't do seminars. Besides, I'm west coast. You're more likely to run into Serp :D.
Heh.

You won't find me at a seminar either, most probably, but let me know if you're in town and I'll come over and kick your arse. Maybe kick a little sense into you. ;)

blooming lotus
07-26-2004, 11:26 PM
no doubt I'll hit Sydney sooner or later and funny you should mention that.......I was thinking the same thing myself ;) ;) :D

SevenStar
07-28-2004, 12:07 PM
your best bet would be the kodokan. you can also try nippon budokan.

blooming lotus
07-28-2004, 05:28 PM
cheers 7...........I may've already closed myself off to it, but I will check out the job boards and see what's on offer ........... oh......and this for native judo instruction right???

SevenStar
07-28-2004, 09:40 PM
how important is that?

blooming lotus
07-29-2004, 02:45 AM
crucial , but now that it's becoming drama, meiguanxie..thx anyway :cool: