PDA

View Full Version : All Right, I Admit, I'm a B.tch

Vash
07-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Okay, I'm running out of ideas. I wanna do clean and press. I love clean and press. My favorite lift. Dumbbell, barbell, kettlebell, baby, whatever, that's my love. But, it's not going to work normal anymore. I'm gonna hafta hit that b.tch from the hang.

My knees suxors. Here's the whole deal:

The vastus lateralis is mad (see, I'm true street) overdeveloped. Also, my tibia is curved outwards slightly, so the patella's ligament, due to attaching to the tibia, also forces a slight curve in the patella's normal track. Add to this my being flat footed for about the first 17 years of my life, and having my left leg slightly shorter than my right, well, you've got yourself an interesting skeleton.

Anyway, here's where I get to the good stuff. I want to train everything in my leg with the exception of the vastus lateralis and the rectus femoris. I need to do this with mainly isolation exercises, as my favorite compound lifts do little except exasperate the irritation/freaky feeling in said joints.

Please note, I'm actually not b.tching in this thread. I'm actually looking forward to having a different kind of project in my training. I've gotta build up my rotator cuff/rear delt, but that's coming along fine.

Thanks in advance.

Vash
07-20-2004, 08:11 PM
As an aside, I'm planning on donating my body to science and my ***** to the Vatican. The body so they can discover what the fug happened, and the Vatican so they can cannonize my member.

fa_jing
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
what does this have to do with your C & P that you have to do it from hang?

Vash
07-20-2004, 10:13 PM
I tend to drop down into a horse or squat stance when I clean, then drive up into the press. It's very similar to how I was instructed to perform the power clean (sans press).

From the hang ain't so bad. Still a fun and functional lift.

Toby
07-20-2004, 10:43 PM
:confused: I don't understand? There are only 3 lifts. Benchpress, deadlift, squat. What are those strange words you're using, clean and press?

Are you saying you can't use your vastus lateralis and rectus femoris or you don't want to? Either way, I dunno how you'd isolate everything but them. That sounds difficult. I could help with hammies, maybe. My straightish legged DL hits hammies hard, but it hits your back hard too. So, straight legged DL? My wide squats probably hit my posterior chain more than the anterior chain as well. At least thats what it feels like afterwards.

Ford Prefect
07-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Vash,

When you can afford it, get the body-flow book and tape set from Rmax.tv. It worked wonders for my knees and hearing a lot about it helping people with flat feet, I made copies for a flat footed friend of mine and he's seen huge improvements as well. I hate the marketting at that site, but that's one product that does work.

Vash
07-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Toby;

Indeed. It is merely an exercise I made up to appear smart. Then I b.tch about not doing it ;)

As for the muscles, I don't want to hit them. First, any growth tends to increase my difficulty in getting my knees going normal, and when I sneeze, they grow. It's getting hard to find a pair of pants with a 32" waist and 36" leg that I can fit my thighs into.

I'm madly in love with straight-leg deads. They used to bother me horribly, and they still hurt like a b.tch, but in a good way.

Ford;

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

Suntzu
07-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Fisticuffs and Leg Fencing has helped me alot too..... the Marketing sucks but the products a pretty d@mn good.......... one of these days i'm really gonna focus on the 'graceful' stuff.... but alas i'm a brutish sport fighter....

IronFist
07-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Vash
It's getting hard to find a pair of pants with a 32" waist and 36" leg that I can fit my thighs into.

Are you serious? Where do you live? I thought 32x36 was a fairly common size.

Vash
07-21-2004, 03:16 PM
El Dorado, Arkansas. The average dude around here has a waist measurement greater than the length of his leg.

I have a hard time finding 32x34s. They fit, but they look like floods when I sit down.

Buncha Fat *******s "livin'" round here.