PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Movie

panos
06-28-2001, 01:20 PM
Anyone knows about a wing chun movie ;
It is mentioned in kungfumagazine.com , and it
is supposed to be directed by Yuen Woo Ping in 1994. If someone has seen it please tell if it is any good or where i can find it.

pugkuen
06-28-2001, 04:44 PM
There is a movie titled Wing Chun and stars Michelle Yeoh who does not know wing chun. The most excepted story of wing chun's origins was taken and twisted for this movie. It is available at anyplace you can order movies from online. This movie is great for those who know nothing about wing chun.
If you like wing chun then I suggest you find a movie called Prodigal Son starring Lam Ching Ying, Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung. This is my favorite ma movie of all time and one reason I started investigating wing chun. It is also a version of wing chun's history and the star Lam Ching Ying(RIP) is an amazing actor as well as a real martial artist. Here is a few places it can be found.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/shop?d=v&id=1804095047&clink=dmiyg/dmks/prodigal_son
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/pr-tzsh03.html
It is a must see for anyone in wing chun

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

JasBourne
06-28-2001, 05:00 PM
definitly best wingchun movie, excellent kungfu.

agree (sadly) that the movie about the legend of Yim Wing Chun starring Michelle Yeoh is *not* good wing chun. It's funny though :)

I liked the 'Kill Wing Chun Club' ("I'll show you! GET HER!") of bad guys and the line "If I win, you call me Mother" :D

BeiKongHui
06-28-2001, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"If I win, you call me Mother" [/quote]

What a great line. I told my wife she should use that to counter my "You must call me Godfather" line from Prodigal Son. :)

"Gong Sao Mo Gong Ching Sao"
- When you talk with the hands,
best not to speak of polite hands.

RENEGADE_MONK
06-28-2001, 05:31 PM
another goodline from Prodigal Son

"My father has Syphylis"...By far that movie is one of the best for use of traditional techniques used in movies, its also a must see for any Bak Mei people too

Abstract
06-28-2001, 10:54 PM
I'm embarrassed! I've never seen this! Here I thought I saw just about every Kung Fu movie I could...welllll, I'll be buying this momentarily... ;)

davy
07-01-2001, 10:10 AM
There's also "Warriors 2" starring Samo Hung

JasBourne
07-01-2001, 05:31 PM
"Your gong-fu is non-existant!"

And the goofy Yuen Biao character, right at the beginning when he's all full of himself:

- "say, are you the guy they call the Kungfu King of Fatshan?"
- "yeah, uh-huh, that's me!" (big goofy dog grin)

and ok, my favorite routine after the caligraphy, is where Sammo is teaching Yuen a 'secret kungfu technique' with 'finishing touches' LOL! :D

--------

"If I win, you call me Mother."

[Censored]
07-01-2001, 07:33 PM
Yuen Biao to Lam Ching Ying, after he is given his first taste of Wing Chun:

"What kind of cult kung fu is that?"

RENEGADE_MONK
07-01-2001, 10:18 PM
Another one,
Sammo Hung to Lam Ching Ying
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sissy you have no pulse!![/quote]

Abstract: You are gonna love the first fight scene between Bak Mei and Wing Chun, also there's a couple of scenes showing the footwork on closing the gap.

[This message was edited by RENEGADE_MONK on 07-02-01 at 03:40 PM.]

bratok304
07-02-2001, 05:49 AM
I am currently (yeah, right now... 01/07/02, 11:42 PM) dowloading the movie : Wing Chun.
I you want more info, just aim (aol) me: Bratok304

:D :D :D

tnwingtsun
07-02-2001, 12:26 PM
"its also a must see for any Bak Mei people too"

BeiKongHui
07-02-2001, 05:18 PM
is when Wong Wah Bo (Sammo) busts in on Leung Yee Tai & Leung Jan in the middle of the tea ceremony. It of course appears that something quite different is going on. ;)

"Gong Sao Mo Gong Ching Sao"
- When you talk with the hands,
best not to speak of polite hands.