PDA

View Full Version : finger strengthening

HiddenShadow
07-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know of other methods to make your fingers stronger. Im currently using finger-tip pushups and Jung Hay. These both seem to be working fairly well, Im just curious if there are any other exercises I could be doing ? Thanks

Vash
07-21-2004, 11:14 AM
There are a myriad of grip-strength training devices you could use, including grippers, squeeze balls, as well as forearm exercises using a barbell or dumbbells.

kosovo
07-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I've found a fun way to strengthen arms, fingers, and hand-eye. My old school in Austin, TX had these canvas sacks about 8 inches long by four inches wide. They were filled with iron pellets. You can use fishing weights, bb's, marbles, etc. We would toss them behind the back and catch them with intensity, or lay them on a table or the floor and strike them repeatedly. You'll find that the iron pellets give just a little, unlike solid iron or wood that people use to condition.

Well I gotta quit rambling and get back to work.

Train Hard!

HiddenShadow
07-21-2004, 12:58 PM
cool, thanks for the ideas, guys :)

rubthebuddha
07-21-2004, 02:01 PM
get a free catalog from www.ironmind.com and check their stuff out. many of us are big fans of their grippers, myself included.

IronFist
07-21-2004, 02:56 PM
kosovo, welcome to the forums.

HiddenShadow, why do you want strong fingers? What are you trying to accomplish? Gripping strength? Pinching strength? Punching your fingers through a watermelon?

HiddenShadow
07-21-2004, 05:33 PM
well as much fun as punching holes through watermelons is, they do get pricy and quite messy after a while. I would like to make my fingers stronger for snake and tiger style strikes so that I dont break them on someone, cause that would just be no fun.

rubthebuddha
07-21-2004, 09:11 PM
you probably hate gallagher (http://www.gallaghersmash.com/images/Gallagher2002a.jpg), too. :mad:

i still say continue with your regular skills work, and supplement with what you see as the most relevant ironmind tool.

HiddenShadow
07-21-2004, 09:20 PM
hahahahaha, thats a great pic RTB

Thanks for the advice guys, it is most appreciated

FooFighter
07-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Many here may many like CoC grippers from www.ironmind.com but please check out the Ivanko Super Gripper www.ivanko.com/products/html_stuff/gripper_info.html
which in my opinion is superior and less the cost than CoC2 grippers.

Toby
07-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Obligatory brag ;). Closed #2 twice in a row on my 1st set on Saturday night. Almost got it closed with the left hand, too. I've found out that I can close it every time if I train hands/arms twice a week, but not 3 times a week. For some reason it makes a big difference. I'll continue with the 3 times, though, 'cause it's fun.