PDA

View Full Version : kung fu and building sites...

william
07-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I am a student and this summer I am working as a labourer on a massive building site.

The work is very physical and i am constantly lifting, gripping etc and the lifts are heavy, concrete slabs etc.

My question is, if I do this all day 5 days a week, then come home and every other day do pushups, pull ups, sit ups, and dumbell work, by the end of the summer am I gonna be the strongest I have ever been? or is it just too much, I have read about the importance of rest if muscles are to grow and get stronger>

iF this is so what should I do? should I just keep my own work out to just twice a week?

any help would be appreciated

Cheers

W

ShaolinTiger00
07-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Will,

I'd first start with nutrition. more work = more energy and you'll need plenty of lean protein and good carbs (fruit & vegetables) if you're increasing you're workload. make sure you're eating good food and lots of it. It is very hard to overeat on good food. (ex. you'd have to eat MANY apples to one candy bar and you'd still not get the fiber or vitamins.)

2nd drink lots of water throughout the day. at least a gallon imho..

I think it may not always be a good idea to push yourself to do workout after a very hard day. A healthy body needs rest & recovery. I'd start out with maybe a 3x a week program and take it as you see it. maybe you'll have an easier day and can add more.