PDA

View Full Version : Cardio Kung-Fu

yutyeesam
07-24-2004, 09:24 AM
http://www.collagevideo.com/cart/showvideo.aspx?Cart=HOG47EN&StreamChoice=W&Item=9215&Stream=W

Thoughts?

(sorry if this has been a topic before)

mickey
07-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Greetings,

It may be good for those who need to get off the couch. Just about any kung fu form can be trained for its cardio/aerobic component. Kung fu is in the mind of the practitioner.

mickey

Samurai Jack
07-24-2004, 04:10 PM
It looks more like martial arts than Billy Blank's stuff, but I don't get the roll-the-hands-like you're-playing-patty-cake move. Why the hell don't people who are interested in martial arts just practice a REAL martial art?

:rolleyes:

yutyeesam
07-24-2004, 05:18 PM
my guess is that it (real martial arts) requires *practice*. this follow the leader approach for an aerobics ma class requires very little thought....and allows a person to jump right in and start fu-jowin'!

in that same line of thinking, i think moving to a beat is probably easier to do- the beat guides the execution.

Vash
07-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Karaticize is the real street lethal.

blooming lotus
07-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Samurai Jack
It looks more like martial arts than Billy Blank's stuff, but I don't get the roll-the-hands-like you're-playing-patty-cake move. Why the hell don't people who are interested in martial arts just practice a REAL martial art?

:rolleyes:

I can't open the link myself at pres, but cardio is essential to any level of proficiency , and however you get it is just dandy.....

the patty cake thing is probably a qi building excerise geared more toward beginners..please do try this at home.as long as your palms are facing and you move slowly apart and together, you should feel a hot or cold tingly sensation and pully pushy electricish feel of your own energy.......

check it out, build a ball and send it to various organs and end by pushing into your dantien and grounding it by pushing it through your body, deep into the earth..............dead set....we really do this jazz :P

Samurai Jack
07-24-2004, 08:49 PM
the patty cake thing is probably a qi building excerise geared more toward beginners..please do try this at home.[

Wait 'til you see the exercise! I'm familiar with the "exercises" you mention, and there is NO WAY this is it. You'll probably have a good laugh when you finally see it if you picture the instructor telling his students to "Build the chee people!" (insert 70's disco here).

blooming lotus
07-25-2004, 05:46 AM
stayin alive ............woo hoo hoo hoo stayin .......

lol , check it out when I can :D