PDA

View Full Version : Master Zhang RenLong Chen, Yang, Qi Gong

woliveri
07-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Has anyone heard of this Master?

He has opened a school near my location. Here's his bio from his flyer.

"Master Zhang is an International Tai Chi Master, one of the most prestigious Qi Gong professors in China, top level China National Martial Arts coach.

Master Zhang was born in Changchung China. He masters Chen's style Tai Chi, Yang Style Tai Chi, and Qi Gong, Ba Gua Zhang as well as other forms of Chinese Martial Arts. He has been invited to Southeast Asia, European countries, and North America to teach Tai Chi and Martial Arts, give seminars. Master Zhang is well recognized over the world."

I did a search on the web and couldn't find anything about him.

Thanks for any help.

SPJ
07-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I dunno the person.

However, to be able to be a coach or a teacher on a national level is not easy. Usually, you have to be good at local levels first.

Usually, you have to be a champion several times yourself to become a teacher yourself.

A professor may be different, he can be a researcher without a lot of physical attributes.

Best of luck.

:)

woliveri
07-25-2004, 09:43 PM
SPJ,

Thank you for the reply. I spent some time with this Master during a demonstration/open house today.

Viewing from experienced eyes I would say he is a very capable Martial Artist. And he gave us some Qi feeling at the end and I felt it was quite strong so there's no BS there.

However, I don't know anything about his lineage of Chen and Yang. I will need to ask the next time I see him.

His classes are not cheap.

35.00 per group 'class' of Qi Gong
60.00 per private session of Qi Gong

25.00 per group 'class' of Chen Taiji.
I didn't inquire about Yang.