PDA

View Full Version : Saw a fight at the gas station tonight

IronFist
07-24-2004, 11:16 PM
When I pulled in to get gas some early 20's looking people were standing around and two of them were doing the typical "come on, you wanna go?" mannerisms (pushing and standing with their arms straight at a 45 degree angle to the ground like this /|\ where the vertical line is the body). They were both probably like 5'10" 160lbs, but I couldn't really tell cuz I was kinda far away. Then they threw a few punches, they rolled across the car hood and it made that denting noise that it makes when you push in on a car's body and they landed on the ground in front of the car. They kinda wrestled and then stood back up. One of the guys was holding the other guy and the first guy threw an uppercut but it glanced off his face. I couldn't really see cuz I was kinda behind them and they were in front of the car. Then some older lady gets out of a pickup truck and yells "break it up or I'll call the police!" Then they kinda stopped. Three of the guys went back to their own car and the other 3 guys went to their own car and the one guy looks at his ruffled up shirt and goes "how the hell am I going to go to the bar like this?" :D

Things that were good: the other people stood around watching it, keeping it 1 on 1.

At one point the were kind clinching, and a bystander grabbed the one guys arm so he couldn't hit the other guy anymore. I know this contradicts my last paragraph, but this was an effort to break up the fight, not intervene. Neither guy seemed to be too hurt at the end.

So the whole time I kept thinking what I would be doing. I guess that's normal. Is it normal to get a little adrenaline rush from just watching a fight?

YinYangDagger
07-25-2004, 12:38 AM
To answer your question, sure it's normal, whether people like it or not, we have animal insticts as well.

I used to have a Siamese cat, mean SOB, years ago. The neighborhood I lived in had all sorts of cats roaming around. One day, me and the cat was chilling on the porch, when across the street two cats began fighting. He jumped off the porch and went and jumped right in the middle of it.

Another way of putting it is your "Spidey sense" was tingling :D

Banjos_dad
07-25-2004, 12:16 PM
the one guy looks at his ruffled up shirt and goes "how the hell am I going to go to the bar like this?"

So the guy wasn't even drunk yet...bartending sux. Wait til he's had a couple, his attitude will really improve...:rolleyes: At least he'll be even less of a threat, physically, beating on drunks is usually so simple you feel guilty later...

Some of my best shirts got f*cked up bouncing...I always gave them a little "more" for ruining up my work shirts...maybe a little black & blue something on their face to remember me by.

Funny that an older woman broke it up by threatening them...Sometimes you can see that both sides want to dominate verbally, but reluctant to REALLY throw down. Like I am constantly pointing out, some people think their mouth is actually a weapon (as opposed to the TARGET, as I see it :p ).

Banjos_dad
07-25-2004, 12:19 PM
About the adrenaline dump when something breaks out near you...I think it's natural, maybe your "lizard brain" (primitive involuntary automatic, non-cognitive part of the brain) is prepping your body incase the fight 'comes to you' or it turns into a mass rumble.

Banjos_dad
07-25-2004, 12:27 PM
And about the agressive /|\ posture...:)

At least that's better than this:
<o>
|
/ \

When they hold their hands up above their head so you can blast them pretty much wherever you please...this posture is really popular with the gangster-waanabees...& other people who don't know how to fight. Hell, you can't even draw a gun like that...unless its concealed in your hairdo ;) Freek'n flailers...

Man, I must need to take another crap this morning as I am feeling quite a belligerent old bast@rd today. Sorry guys...

edit was: my stick figure came out with the head separated from the body :( B_d :)

Meat Shake
07-25-2004, 12:33 PM
There was a fight at the bar friday night... I was too drunk to even notice, but apparently someone pulled a gun on someone else... No one really got hurt though.

And hell yeah its normal to get an adrenaline dump watching a fight... Sometimes I even get pumped just thinking about scenarios in my head. :)

IronFist
07-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Banjos_dad
And about the agressive /|\ posture...:)

At least that's better than this:
<o>
|
/ \

When they hold their hands up above their head so you can blast them pretty much wherever you please...this posture is really popular with the gangster-waanabees...& other people who don't know how to fight. Hell, you can't even draw a gun like that...unless its concealed in your hairdo ;) Freek'n flailers...

That kinda looks like crazy monkey boxing, which is how I was taught to box at the submission school I went to. Except we don't hold our hands above our heads; it's more like palms on the forehead.

Similar to Mike Tyson's peek-a-boo boxing style.

Banjos_dad
07-25-2004, 01:30 PM
The difference is...you know what you're doing...the purpose of what you describe has actual applications, I assume...
I am talking about people who just wave their hands in the air...sort of like a puffer fish expanding to appear more threatening :rolleyes:

When those hands are up high over someone's head...that's the time to blast your best kick to the gut, to close the gap...then come inside & blast to jaw, nose, eye depending on the hand form you are most comfortable using...I usually used fist, I would be interested in seeing real-life results of palmstriking an adversary, but usually it's fist...I can palmstrike the f@ck out of our heavy bag, to the point where other students look to see what's happening over there...but I haven't thrown it in anger, maybe because the focus is a little closer.

Each to his own. All I know is I love it when those mitts are up in the air, I can roll with that...I have a mild appearance sometimes I guess...punx seem to think that I am no threat, haw, haw. One called the cops on me later & tried to tell them I had stepped on his foot to keep him immobilized while I laid the smack down. A lie...guess he wanted to believe, make up an excuse for getting owned by a guy 15 yrs older than him. Gotta love them jniours...They think all they need to know, they can learn from watching "Rap City: the Bassment" on MTV. Want to see some hands in the air? That's a good way to see what I am talking about. I guess it is considered "threatening" in some circles......;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-25-2004, 02:00 PM
i just pull out a knife and start cutting myself right from the get go.

if they don't leave right then ill start trying to bleed on them.

that usually gets em.

Meat Shake
07-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Or vomit. Everywhere.

PaiLumDreamer
07-25-2004, 04:08 PM
LOL Gda...you brought an image into my head of this:

Snarling man pulls out knife. Starts cutting up his arm. Shoves arm in attackers face.
Attacker: Um. Run!

BM2
07-25-2004, 07:01 PM
I was in the left lane coming up on an intersection when I saw what appeared to be an accident. As I got nearer I could see that the guys had stopped right there and began fighting.
About half the cars pulled over as I did. Thought that they were wanting to watch it too :D It was then that I saw that they were on the their cell phones mostly likely calling 911.
I yelled at both of them that the others had called the cops and they both left.
How the fight went: After the mandtory chest pushing, both threw right and left looping hooks/roundhouse punches which all connected. They threw a left , then a right etc. etc.. Both were pretty much toe to toe and not missing at all. The punch combinations :rolleyes: were thrown as fast as they could. It lasted a good 10 to 15 seconds. There was no attempt at blocking any of the punches.
This occured last month and didn't think it was worth too much to write about as niether one was hurt.

Banjos_dad
07-26-2004, 02:37 PM
GDA...

Will you be me teacher????

:D

B_d