PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong, bringin'it for the US

Banjos_dad
07-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Lance Armstrong 0\/\/n5.

That's all.

Radhnoti
07-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Those guys are incredible athletes...that's for sure.
I heard a factoid the other day that ANY of those world class bike guys' heart is capable of pumping way more blood per second than a gas station pump can of deliver to a refueling vehicle.

norther practitioner
07-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Lance Roxors.. not only does he own France, he's datin' a Sheryl Crowe.

end transmition

FatherDog
07-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Lance Armstrong wins Tour De France!

In other news, sun rises in east, water remains wet.

Kristoffer
07-26-2004, 03:34 AM
he's a robot

Internal Boxer
07-26-2004, 04:02 AM
Hes a hell of an athlete shame he did not pick a more interesting sport, cycling for fu.cks sake is more boring than watching american football! :o

norther practitioner
07-26-2004, 04:25 AM
:rolleyes:

BM2
07-26-2004, 05:17 AM
Too bad that the European's that spat on him during the stages of the race weren't Richard Simmons slapped by bystanders.
Ok, I was going to say b!tch slapped but Richard Simmons owned that cage fighter!.

shrub
07-26-2004, 06:33 AM
How about Marion Jones and her husband(s) who won many Olympic gold medals and hold many world records?

The Europeans are surely envy of them.

BM2
07-26-2004, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry,please forgive me. What does that have to do with Europeans spitting on Lance?

shrub
07-26-2004, 07:36 AM
That's the question every American should be asking. Why do the Europeans and the rest of the world spit on America?

Ford Prefect
07-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Boo hoo

Lance dominated the tour.

Banjos_dad
07-26-2004, 02:46 PM
...for the 6th time, yes.

And yeah dude, almost EVERYTHING is boring compared to Football. :D Gotcha.

I am talking about football, not soccer, which I heard on the Jim Rome show, is 'a communist sport, designed by communists to control the people...'

In our country it's mainly kids & flipboys that get into soccer...er, "European football"

:eek:

< < < edit > > >

^ now THAT's some trolling there, son...

jun_erh
07-26-2004, 02:48 PM
they were talking about this on Stern this morning and Fred Norris played a sample of someone saying "Who gives a crap"

rubthebuddha
07-26-2004, 03:32 PM
bd -- as much as i like american football, it's pretty **** boring most of the time. a three-hour broadcast of 60 minutes of game time, most of which is simply the clock counting down between tackles and snaps. that's probably the main reason for instant replay -- not because we really NEED to see a play from a different angle, but because we'd turn the channel too easily. plays fall between 3 and 10 seconds, followed by 20-40 seconds of time between plays, supplemented by time outs, delays, measuring, etc.

this is why the only appropriate place to watch such football is at a sports bar with the buds. cause that way, between plays, you can look at a different tv showing a different game, or order some nachos, etc.

Banjos_dad
07-26-2004, 04:00 PM
'Rub...I was working in a sports bar, that really is the best way to watch football...

Wanna talk about boring: Baseball. Or soccer.

Basketball is a good American sport for people afflicted with attention deficit disorder...that's what makes it my favorite spectator sport (after k-1/nhb events).

jun_erh: on the Howard Sterns show, if it doesn't involve a couple of bare-ass ho's, or someone's genitalia, they DON'T give a crap.:D

Ford Prefect
07-26-2004, 04:25 PM
It's funny. I love football being born and bred here in the states. All the Euro guys I work with that have come over here can get into baseball, basketball, and hockey, but they just can't get into football. It bores them to tears. I guess their rules football matches have a much more consistent play. I've explained the intracacies of it to one of them, and I think I'm winning him over. ;)

David Jamieson
07-27-2004, 05:58 AM
6 wins of the tour de france is a remarkable achievment!

The dude totally deserves that yellow jacket.
Not only that but he has survived cancer and come back to do this thing.

That is one impressive example of teh Human spirit.

Kudos to Lance! Go for seven.

as for the incident with the diots who spit and insult, Lance had this to say:

"That motivates me more than anything," he said. "It certainly doesn't work against me. I'm not concerned about them."

and that is the attitude of a winner friends.