PDA

View Full Version : Soccer - most dangerous sport.

Chang Style Novice
07-26-2004, 07:39 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/soccer/07/25/bc.crime.southafrica.soccer/index.html

Shaolinlueb
07-26-2004, 07:48 AM
oh man thats hardcore. feel bad for the coaches team. unless he was like the bad coach from shaolin soccer. then he deserved it. :D

cerebus
07-27-2004, 12:09 AM
South Africa has 8 times the murder rate of the U.S.? D A M N ! :eek:

norther practitioner
07-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Soccer heads are no joke yo...

Thats a crazy ass story, I would have bugged out if I was on the field.

Kristoffer
07-27-2004, 03:21 AM
that must have sucked

kwaichang kaned
07-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Is hosting the next world cup.

Should make the matches a tad more interesting.

David Jamieson
07-27-2004, 06:07 AM
all craziness aside and no guns...

If you play soccer you will come home with more bruises than from martial arts training, that i know for sure.

It might be long halves and seemingly dull for excrutiating periods of time between goals, but it's a rough sport...not as rough as rugger, but pretty rough.

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
all craziness aside and no guns...

If you play soccer you will come home with more bruises than from martial arts training, that i know for sure.

It might be long halves and seemingly dull for excrutiating periods of time between goals, but it's a rough sport...not as rough as rugger, but pretty rough.

i love watching the bbc news to see all the riots from soccer games when a team loses. **** soccer hooligens.

Ben Gash
07-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Shaolinlueb, riots are actually pretty rare here. There are 92 league teams here and in a bad year there's a dozen riots (and that's a very bad year). Compare this to Argentina where the courts threatened to suspend the league because they could'nt guarantee the fan's safety (they were getting shot every game), Holland where away fans are banned at all the big grudge matches after a fan was stabbed to death in a pitched battle following an Ajax/PSV match, or Italy where fans threw a bomb onto the pitch!
Can you imagine if Urs Meier had a gun :eek:

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Ben Gash
Shaolinlueb, riots are actually pretty rare here. There are 92 league teams here and in a bad year there's a dozen riots (and that's a very bad year). Compare this to Argentina where the courts threatened to suspend the league because they could'nt guarantee the fan's safety (they were getting shot every game), Holland where away fans are banned at all the big grudge matches after a fan was stabbed to death in a pitched battle following an Ajax/PSV match, or Italy where fans threw a bomb onto the pitch!
Can you imagine if Urs Meier had a gun :eek:

oh dont get my hopes down :( yeah riots arent fun, but you jsut have to watch em if you see em on the news at a game.

HiddenShadow
07-27-2004, 09:06 AM
...and people wonder why soccer riots are so famous, because of **** like this. Thats madness, remind me never to go to a soccer game. Some people take things too far, I mean, its just a game and its supposed to fun. At least thats what I grew up believing.

David Jamieson
07-27-2004, 09:10 AM
HS-

just a reminder...

Never go to a soccer match :D

HiddenShadow
07-27-2004, 09:50 PM
thanks, I'll keep that in mind :cool:

joedoe
07-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Soccer is noted for the riots that occur during/after games, but it is a phenomenon that is not exclusive to soccer.

And I agree. Soccer is a very hard game and rougher than it looks, except for when the Italians play - then it is more acting than sport :D

Kristoffer
07-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Yeah Italys team is all made of models who try to act like they can play like a team.