PDA

View Full Version : Is this fella worth it?

Hermes3X
07-26-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here has heard of this guy and this book. He's some type of ex-SPETZNAS and apparently has the SECRETS OF SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH!!!!!!

The Naked Warrior by Pavel Tsatsouline

Just curious,

h3x

stubbs
07-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Pavel? nah, never heard of him :D

there's a few guys on here that have tried his stuff. i think toby's on the naked warrior prog now

i've never followed his stuff completely but i've tried a similar thing to his bear prog
________
Marijuana seed (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

rubthebuddha
07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
pavel knows his stuff. just ignore all the marketing that goes along with it. if you can, get his stuff used.

Ford Prefect
07-26-2004, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't buy that book though. Save $35 and just look at some articles on the web about peforming pistols and one-armed push-ups (the lifts the book focusses on) and also use your imagine for clever ways to work yourself up to the full lifts if you can't already perform them.

rubthebuddha
07-26-2004, 01:50 PM
here's enough knowing for half the battle:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler2.htm

stubbs
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
lol, my dog sits at the top of the stairs looking all fed up just like the one in that article.

5 times a day, 5 days a week for pistols is a bit much though isn't it? i was gonna start introducing them into my training but only twice a week
________
Flying Star Ii (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Flying_Star_II)

FooFighter
07-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Hermes3X

Please go to search and put in my name and "Naked Warrior" and you will find out what I have to said about it and currently I have been on the program for like 4 months now. Ford and myself to my knowledge are the only people who first read and owned the book on this forum. Unlike Ford, I chose to practice the skills contain in Naked Warrior consistently for almost 4 months now. By the way, I didnt know Toby was doing Naked Warrior?

Since you are new to Pavel's body of work, I think you should first invest in "Power to the People" which is like Pavel's foundation and "Naked Warrior". If you were very experienced, then you dont have to waste your money on Naked Warrior. However since you dont have much knowledge on Pavel, I think these two books would be a good start for a novice. Moreover I believe education is priceless and I have checking balance reports to prove it.

Best of Luck....

Hermes3X
07-26-2004, 03:27 PM
too late. I already bought the book on amazon. 28 bucks. Ah well. I bought Naked Warrior because I already know a helluva lot about stretching, so I figured if Naked Warrior rocks, then maybe I can learn something about stretching from him. Anyway, this'll be a test. Should I set up a day by day log for the next six months and tell you folks how it goes? Or should I just write back later?

Secondly, does anybody know a stretch for that particular muscle, the name of Which I swear I've forgotten (and I'm pretty sure it's not the psoas) that sits atop your hip and cramps like crazy if you lift your leg to do a side kick and leave it out there, extended, in pain, killing you!!!!! I can stretch nearly everything else on my body except this one muscle! The only thing I've found that works are front splits and they only work indirectly.

FooFighter
07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Good buy in my opinion. Welcome to the NW club, brother. The muscles which you are speaking about is probably the deep lateral rotators in the Gluteal region: Iliotibal tract, piriformis, inter/externus obturator, Quadratus Femoris, Gemellus Superior/inferior.

Toby
07-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm often naked and I sometimes worry a lot, but I haven't done Naked Warrior :D. I do PTP (Power to the People).

Hermes, I got both his stretching books. Being a stretching neophyte (besides a couple of years of yoga a long time ago), I found them informative. His material tends to be overpriced, overmarketed and generally freely available on the internet though. E.g. you'll get all you need for PTP from searching this forum and save yourself $30 or so.

IronFist
07-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Naked warrior is all about one armed pushups and one legged squats (also called pistols). I haven't read it (because I can already do both of those things), but I'm sure it's a good book. Marketing aside, Pavel knows his stuff. If you have any specific questions for him, he posts on their forum at www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/tpost.pl.

Welcome to the forum, btw. :)

Feel free to post any questions you have here, but at the top of the page is a "search" button, so if you have any questions you might want to see if it's something we've already covered before. Of course, you can still ask the same question again.

cerebus
07-27-2004, 02:31 AM
Heh, heh. I'm afraid to type "Naked Warrior" into the search box. Might come up with sumpin' scary! :D

rubthebuddha
07-27-2004, 08:29 AM
like toby's home page! :eek:

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 09:38 AM
if you watch a pavel video, he is very good I think and knows what hes tlaking about. its jsut the funny comments he makes in his russian accent that crack me up. I tried the kettle bell, but im not very good at it.