Suntzu
07-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Backstage.........

Suntzu
07-27-2004, 07:36 AM
Jon's 1st fight.....

Suntzu
07-27-2004, 07:37 AM
fight 2 pics sucked..... so on to the 3rd fight.....

Suntzu
07-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Victory celebration......

Chang Style Novice
07-27-2004, 08:05 AM
More fight shots!

SaekSan
07-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Were you at the USCKF tournament?

What weight division did Jon fight in?

Great pictures by the way!

:)

Akhilleus
07-30-2004, 10:09 PM
I couldn't believe it...I cut mad weight again this year, all for nought, but that was my fault, I should have remembered from last year...I was in the 170-180 heavy B division...I was like 173.5...Sun Tzu was there, he was in my corner for one of my fights...me and him talked to Kimba a bit after the fights...congrats on the team trophies, BTW...

SaekSan
07-31-2004, 06:22 AM
Cutting weight is tough! Kimba ended fighting in the weight division above his normal, he weighed in 100g too "heavy"
:D

In your second fight did you win because you hit the guy in the solar plexus and he did not recoup in time? Because if it was that was one of my guys, he was upset not because he lost but because he wanted to give yiu a better fight, he really admired your skills.

I wish we had hooked up at some point, maybe next year.

Thanks on the congrats, all of our teams (youth forms, adult forms and Lei Tai), worked pretty hard and it paid-off. The Lei Tai group did pretty good for a team of 10 with six rookies in it :D

Congratulations on your victories!

Akhilleus
07-31-2004, 12:07 PM
In your second fight did you win because you hit the guy in the solar plexus and he did not recoup in time? Because if it was that was one of my guys, he was upset not because he lost but because he wanted to give yiu a better fight, he really admired your skills.

No that wasn't me, but I did fight him in the finals...Kevin, he's Joe's student...I do the same style, but at another school...

Yeah, we will have to hook up next year, I'm not fighting myself b/c I'm taking this year to focus on other things, but a few of my students will be fighting, I hope...

SaekSan
08-02-2004, 06:18 AM
This weekends Seth set me straight. Kimba and Seth both spoke highly of you, though, and really admired your fighting in Brazil.

Seth actually dropped weight to be in your division so he could fight you. Maybe the year after.

Congratulations (belated) on the "Spirit" award at the Worlds!

Akhilleus
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks...we are actually working on getting another kuoshu event during the year...but it is a work in progress, could be a year before we get everything set up...maybe have superfights...Kevin really wants to fight me again, me against Seth would be another good fight...

SaekSan
08-03-2004, 12:56 PM
If you guys set that up, and it's not too close to the USCKF one, consider us in!!!

We are trying to get a Kuoshu style tournament in our area (Madison, WI) maybe in May of 2005, if you guys are interested let me know.

Akhilleus
08-03-2004, 07:05 PM
We are trying to get a Kuoshu style tournament in our area (Madison, WI) maybe in May of 2005, if you guys are interested let me know.

Yeah I'm definitely interested...maybe I can bring a team out there from MD...