PDA

View Full Version : OT wendies owned me again

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 09:42 AM
If its not one thing its another.

I order the biggest garden salad they have. jsut to get home and find out they supply me with no fork. (they usually do.)

its the last straw, this wendies is always messing with me, no ketchup ever, no utensils, no salt. wtf. ::

I only have this problem with the westfield mass one :(

[/end rant]

MasterKiller
07-27-2004, 09:43 AM
You're @ home and you don't have a fork?

I got three words for you: J-O-B.

David Jamieson
07-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Lemme get this straight...

You took the salad home and then found out there was no stuff in the bag with your salad to eat it with.

You posted here before or after you got a fork from your cutlery drawer?

:D

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller

I got a job, a very well paying job. its jsut the principle. it was hard to find one aat the office. and too time consuming to drive back to ***** them out. sometimes i call them jsut to complain how they give me no ketchup and i need it cause theres none at the office. :D

Akhilleus
07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah...I used to work at Wendy's...I got owned by them too once...when I started working there I would eat every day b/c it was half price and then all of a sudden one day the food owned me...I have eaten Wendy's once since then (6 years) and that was out of necessity...I don't really have many good memories of working at wendy's...

But as for the fork thing...I've had chinese places not give me a fork when they deliver the food to my kung fu school (I forget to ask for one) and then I have to dig around looking for one). BS

Tak
07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I keep a set of silverware at work.

Radhnoti
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
I worked at Wendy's through a part of college too. You had to pay for food there? We got one free meal per shift and basically everyone ate whatever they wanted if they got hungry for it. Example: "Whoops, I WAY oversalted these fries. I'll set them here and eat them so they don't go to waste." Everyone took salads home at night if they were near the expiration date, sometimes we took them to a local charity. We had pretty cool managers though...
The thing about working at a food place though...it doesn't take long and you just DON'T WANT THAT FOOD. After I moved on from Wendy's it was about 3 years before I set foot in the door again with intent to eat something.

It's kind of instructive to work at a fast food place just to see the efficiency. The grease from the burgers is saved and sold to some candle making place or something. The burgers that're on the grill too long make the chili. Overcooked chicken goes into the salads. They scrape out the frosty machine everynight and refreeze that goopy chocolate stuff that makes up a frosty. Nothing goes to waste.

Wow...I even bored myself with all that. I'm not even drunk...which would be some kind of excuse. :o

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 10:33 AM
i posted after i got the silverware.

i call work home because i am here more than home LOL

Banjos_dad
07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Yeah, all the Wendy-bots are coming out of the woodwork.

I wisht I knew kung-fu when people teased me on the bus ride to work about my stripey shirt & ghey-@ss lil'hat :mad:

We had to pay 1/2 for everything...

I'm not kidding when I say, in my honest opinion, Wendy's grill fried burgers are the greasiest mofos of any of the major chains.

Finally I got to be crew leader...gladly traded ghey hat for ridiculous tie. Proudly.

The things we do when we're young 'n' clueless...;)

--Oh yeah, my sister worked at the McDonalds down the street, we were always dissing each other about "You suck." "No, you guys suck." "No....you guys really, really, suck."

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-27-2004, 12:29 PM
my buddy at work got 4 potatoes with butter and sour cream that didnt actually have any butter or sour cream in a row before writing wendies off all togeather.

PHILBERT
07-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller

Those are 3 letters. :p

MasterKiller
07-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Those are 3 letters. :p
Yeah, you got the joke. yeah.

Banjos_dad
07-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Potatoes with no topping at all...:(

Not much better than eating wheat flour out of the bag with a spoon.

Akhilleus
07-27-2004, 03:29 PM
basically everyone ate whatever they wanted if they got hungry for it. Example: "Whoops, I WAY oversalted these fries. I'll set them here and eat them so they don't go to waste."

Well when a manager wasn't looking we'd pinch a fry or nugget here or there...but that was about it...I never tried anything bigger...I never really got comfortable with the atmosphere...so I was afraid to push the bosses to far...

Becca
07-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Banjos_dad
Potatoes with no topping at all...:(

Not much better than eating wheat flour out of the bag with a spoon.
That's not so bad, so long as the taters is cooked. I'd bet the flour wouldn't be.

Ps: try eating one of the heavier, more waxy varieties, like reds, to eat strait, and make sure it's cold. This is one of my favorites snacks after class.

SevenStar
07-28-2004, 12:57 AM
I've never had a wendy's burger.

Becca
07-28-2004, 01:07 AM
You are missing out on a very good burger, as far as fast food goes. And thier salads are better, too.

Shaolinlueb
07-28-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm gonna go back there today adn get the same **** thing. prove those *******s what I am made of....... :o :D

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2004, 09:44 AM
What you need is a vietnamese or thai noodle house to eat at instead of Wendy's. You call in your order ahead of time, pick it up, and then you're good to go.

Plus, if you don't have a fork, you can always just use two unsharpened pencils for chopsticks.

Shaolinlueb
07-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
What you need is a vietnamese or thai noodle house to eat at instead of Wendy's. You call in your order ahead of time, pick it up, and then you're good to go.

Plus, if you don't have a fork, you can always just use two unsharpened pencils for chopsticks.

Pho is disgusting, along with that bubble tea crap I cant stand.

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Man, ain't no accounting for taste.

Of course, you're correct on the bubble tea.

Meat Shake
07-28-2004, 10:48 AM
By bubble tea are you talking about the fruity drink with the squishy balls?
That stuffs awesome.
Then again, Im like mikey, Ill eat anything.

Wendys around here is good sometimes, sometimes bad. Definately the best of the dollar menus. Kids I went to highschool with manage a lot of the fast food restaraunts around where I live, so I seldom pay for that crap... And if you dont yet know the managers, usually a bowl of good dank is all it takes to get free food on the late shift for the rest of eternity. (or until said manager gets fired for smoking pot on the job) ;)