PDA

View Full Version : We now carry authentic BLACK FEIYUES

GeneChing
07-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Check it out! (http://store.martialartsmart.net/4535k.html) Several of the people who went to Zhang Lipeng's tournament (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31465) got a sneak preview. These are not those knock offs that wear out quicker. Not Feilongs, of Feiyuns, or some other company label put on one of the many knock off brands. These are authentic Feiyues, special ordered in black specifically for Tiger Claw (http://www.tigerclaw.com). There were so many requests, that we took matters into our own hands and asked the Feiyue factory to do something special, just for us. We just got our first shipment in and have locked down a constant supply.

Shaolinlueb
07-28-2004, 11:45 AM
oh gene, those things are tight looking!!!

i just ordered 2 pairs.

ngokfei
07-28-2004, 04:37 PM
About time gene.

Kind of sucked weaing the white ones and having a size 13 sneaker.

When ever I sparred in class they called me the Killer Clown Foot

Dyed them but they came out sort of bluish grey.

How about traditional KF boots like WL sells.

later

David Jamieson
07-29-2004, 08:51 AM
those are like deck shoes.

GeneChing
07-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Man, ngokfei, it's going to be hard to think of you by any other name now. Killer Clown Foot, indeed! It took some time to develop the product, but we got it now. Working on the booties. Patience. :cool:

ngokfei
07-29-2004, 09:21 AM
gene

have had quite a few, some quite funny.

The Gorrilla - because when I 1st started training I "really" sucked at kicking so used to just bum rush and throw them on the floor.

"Hardway Hargrove" boy this really stuck for a long time. Fought in I think the 90 NACMAF tournament in Baltimore. Made to the evening finals. Went up against "GHetto Fu", no kidding. Got elbowed once then dropped on my head. Even though I was technically knocked out the gave it to me for disqualification. Had a write up in IKF and that is where it came from. I won it the Hardway. man wish I hadn't my neck has never been the same.

More recently I've been called "Eagle Boy" not because I do eagle claw specifically but during a sparring session I got my pinky caught in the guys Chin Woo interlocking buttorns and nearly broke it. I let out a yell, yes it hurt and they said I sounded like a screaming eagle.

so, killer clown foot isn't really that bad

phoenix-eye
07-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey! - I just got 2 pairs of white ones in the UK.

Now, you tell me that there's cooler BLACK ones!!!!

If I order them my wife will divorce me!!!

hmmmm....

hmmmm....

hmmmm....

Just ordered 2 pairs!!

Who needs some sweet luvvin action anyway?

PE

blooming lotus
07-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
those are like deck shoes.

yes.but even in the face of a nike............they're an extremly close second...................even in a suit :eek: :D

GeneChing
08-02-2004, 02:37 PM
I could probably get them for less than 18 yuan in China, but if you're not in China and don't have a buddy to bring some over for you, you got to go through a distributer like us. And we have to pay tariffs on bringing items like clothes, shoes, etc. over from China. Plus we need to make some money, because we're a business after all, but I think you'll find our prices competative with other outside-China companies. In fact, we were the first to lower the price since some of the earlier companies were selling for $25-20 - I've even heard $40!! That may sound like good money, but have you ever sold martial arts shoes? You don't sell as many as Nike...:(

phoenix-eye
08-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey Gene

Just got my 2 pairs - wow, that was quick to the Uk!

Luckily, my wife was out when they arrived!

Luv is in the air......

Paul

GeneChing
08-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Cool. Thanks for your order and the endorsement. We made special arrangements with our UK ninja to scope out your home and make sure delivery happened when the missus was away. ;)

David Jamieson
08-03-2004, 08:55 PM
I guess i just have a preference for these kind of shoes (http://store.martialartsmart.net/90-201.html)

over other kinds...

sometimes i wear regular street shoes, just so my feet know where its at in the grand scheme of things.

blooming lotus
08-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I could probably get them for less than 18 yuan in China, b.............................. That may sound like good money, but have you ever sold martial arts shoes? You don't sell as many as Nike...:(

I've seen them here for even less , but if it'll keep us on-line, I'll take two from mas and I'll even wear them more often than my nikes :D :D .........

gotta admit..they are good shoes to train in:p ;) :D

David Jamieson
08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
How do you guys train kungfu in thick soled running shoes?

It is difficult to feel the earth/ground/floor beneath you.

Even my casual shoes are very thin in the sole for the very purpose of connection.

I see some people training in cross trainers, aerobic shoes, running shoes and I don't know how they can stay stable.

anyway, i guess it's just a personal preference of mine?

blooming lotus
08-04-2004, 05:27 PM
actually, just bought a pair of thick - soled cross trainer nikes, and besides cardio, can't really do much else.....loving the feiues, but need a few more pairs, overall assesment , nike prestos are the most all round functional shoe, cardio, movement, grip etc....doesn't have alot of oomph in the sole though, so promotes honesty of skill............

self???

Shaolinlueb
08-05-2004, 01:13 PM
I just got my black Feiyues in today :D :cool:

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 01:26 PM
In interest of training "realistically" wouldnt you want to occasionally train in your street clothes including stree shoes? :rolleyes:

I wear wrestling shoes to class, other than that I wear my nikes or kick the bag barefooted.
Id work in my shelltoes a bit, but Id kick those bastages off before I fought in them anyways.

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 03:10 PM
i wear the shoes i train with in my daily life outside of class as well, i find that it's more comfortable that way. so i think that's training realistically enough. also i find jeans annoying and constrict my movement, pants are usually my first choice.

blooming lotus
08-05-2004, 05:16 PM
besides the glam - chick dress and heels, also living in nikes or feiyues...........can't fault em right???...............and now they come in black for all the times a black suit and white feiyues just won't do :D :p

Shaolinlueb
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
i have a couple pair of fieyues and i wear some outside in the real world!!!

Scythefall
08-07-2004, 06:03 AM
I wear skecher sport shoes or motorcycle boots normally, but there's no way I'd train in them. They grip the ground in such a way that I'm risking a knee injury if I do forms in them. That's not to say I can't do kung fu in them, but a good pair of feiyues or wrestling shoes is always in my bag. See, I'm going to be like Billy Jack. I don't intend to just give someone a straight fight anyway. I'm going to talk to them...reason with them, all the while taking off my shoes. I've got the edge over Billy Jack because I'm going to replace my shoes with Feiyues. Well, mine actually say Feixue on the side. I actually thought they were fakes at first..lol:)

Pk_StyLeZ
08-07-2004, 09:50 AM
i train in feiyue mostly...i keep a pair in my trunk of my car...i een sometime go out to the mall or movies or school with a pair of feiyue on..they stylish...=)..lolz t so comfortable
but i can also train in tennis/basketball/running shoes walkign shoes wutever,..jus a regular pair of nike i can stil train with...it the samething to me
i even had to do one performance in my nike shoes cuz i forgot my shoes in the trunk of my car and jus hurried and ran to my friend car for a ride...lolz so ya
i can even train in regular pants and jeans and stuff
how am i able to train like this?i don tknow.,..maybe jus lots of practice..cuz i never really train in my street clothes(beside the shoes every now and then)...i jus know i can do it in my street clothes..cuz sometime wen me and my friends are out..we play around wit our kung fu so ya

feixue...they are fake..well not fake..jus another brand..feiyue is the best brand(to me...my shifu disagrees with me...lolz)....to know if it the real brand..look on ur shoes..and the rings around the shoe lace holes...if it says TOP ONE..then that is the real brand of fei yue..if it doesnt then it is another brand
feiyun also known as fei long is the brand my shifu prefers....even though they break a lot more faster..he says they are more flexible and bendable and more softer and more comfortable..so yeah

Scythefall
08-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Nah, they're not fake. On the side they say "Feixue" on the tongue the tag says "Feiyun" and on the eyelets they say "Feiyue" in the metal. Another person's say Feiyue on the side and Feiyun on the tongue. Another has Feiyue all around. They're all the same shoe. Honestly, there isn't much to fake on these shoes. It's a canvas lace-up sock with a rubber sole. I may be delusional, but given that these shoes aren't quality controlled like Nike or even converse, the makers most likely don't make attempts to rush them over to an english literary inspector to ensure that these tags have the correct english spelling on them. Same with the canvas...they get an order, some of it has mispellings on it. Make the shoe anyway. I think it's small matter to the chinese if the english is spelled correctly on their shoes.

Or maybe my shoe is a special deluxe collaboration between Feiyue, Feiyun, and Feixue? Doubt it.

I've had them about 5 months or more with no issue. I know they won't last as long as my Adidas wrestling shoes(3 years) have, but at 14 bucks, it's not a problem. The Feiyues are so good for balancing in. Wrestling shoes have a thinner sole so I end up balancing on the side of my foot and get wobbly.

Pk_StyLeZ
08-07-2004, 12:49 PM
no u dont understand wat i am saying
the original makes of FEI YUE is a company called TOP ONE
on the shoes it should say TOP ONE
they have a chinese name too...dai ball one...soemthing like that..i cant really pronounce it and i know one of the character consists of *big*
and to make sure it is the correct company.....u have to see the shoe lace hole tingy..on the ring it should read top one
the tounge should say top one too..and with it logo in a star and it chiense name too
i dont tink this big company will misspell there own company name for feiyun now
there are many shoes company for these kung fu shoes..but there are 2 main one...top one..and feilong(feiyun)...top one has better quality then feilong..everyone dat knows the difference agrees....but some prefer stil feilong over top one because it is more softer and bend easier(that why they break faster)

if u dont want to believe me..then dont.....im not gonna argue anymore

Starchaser107
08-09-2004, 12:56 PM
my black feiyues just arrived

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 07:16 PM
mmm hmmm.......... jealous....if I wanna co-ordinate shoes and outfit, it/s boots or heels :( lol :p .............

I remember this discussion a bit back .....maybe last yr..... what do you train in ??? or something :confused: ...............

but on the street, are you still wearing your feiyues ( here in china pronounced fay ( ei = ay sound) ewes yues ( as ee - ewes) ?????..........and what can best move in??...style or practicality????

GeneChing
08-10-2004, 09:57 AM
...we should all be training in glam-chick dresses and heels. :p

On the topic of knockoff Feiyues, if you think you can clearly identify a knockoff in China, you don't know China. They can and will knockoff any product - shoes, watches, computer games, sodas, you name it. Yes, there are ways to tell the authentics, but those ways only last for a short time until the knockoffs catch on. What makes things more confusing is that Feiyue does market under other names, so some of the alternative titles may indeed be actual Feiyues. It's all very confusing. It's funny because, knowing this, my faith in Feiyues is almost superstitiuos, but I stand by it. The knockoffs never seem to last as long or break in as well.

Glad you all got your black Feiyues early. It definately helped the powers that be here see some of the buying power of the forum and that allows us to keep this baby runnning. Thanks again for your support!

blooming lotus
08-10-2004, 06:53 PM
gotta agree my friend.............would a feiyue by any other name smell ( hmmm ..... on second thought, perform) so sweet???..........

a feiyue's a feiyue and a feiyun, feiyao, fuyor etc .....just isn't one and is nothing but sacrildge!!!!!!!!!..................considering Gene and martial arts mart is selling one of the only original lines........ guess I'm reccommending you check it out for yourself.............. at worst , you'll 've buyed and tried and your budget won't've suffered............

never has a "dunlop" volley been so practical..................

ps. If Gene is training in heels or boots,.............I'm gon' start getting concerned in only moments .......:eek: lol...........:p :D

spaz_dragon
08-11-2004, 09:21 AM
yay, i got mine in the mail two days ago!!! trained in them yesterday. everyone wants a pair now, hahah. i like them! they have a little extra coushin to them (makes me feel like i can jump higher, lol). i recommend them ;)

GeneChing
08-11-2004, 10:58 AM
That's the downside of feiyues... they clash with glam-chick dresses.

Thanks for representing black feiyues at Shaolin overseas, spaz_dragon!

norther practitioner
08-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Saw chaser in his, I'll have to get a pair soon.

Scythefall
08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
a feiyue's a feiyue and a feiyun, feiyao, fuyor etc .....just isn't one and is nothing but sacrildge!!!!!!!!!..................considering Gene and martial arts mart is selling one of the only original lines........ guess I'm reccommending you check it out for yourself.............. at worst , you'll 've buyed and tried and your budget won't've suffered............

Funny thing is, my strangely multi-named Feiyues are from martialartsmart.com. Go figure ;>

GeneChing
08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
...unless you have tiny feet. The chilrdren sizes have a different name. All the adult sizes say Feiyue.

You know what they say, "small feet, small ???" ;)

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 04:41 PM
shoes?

norther practitioner
08-11-2004, 04:52 PM
That would be the topic you freak.

Keep in mind that the y looks like a v

Scythefall
08-11-2004, 06:35 PM
...unless you have tiny feet. The chilrdren sizes have a different name. All the adult sizes say Feiyue.

You know what they say, "small feet, small ???" ;)

LOL:) Nah, they're size 43. Hey! Since they're not labelled correctly, can I exchange them for a new pair? I've got my receipt and they're only like 5 months old.

Scythefall
08-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
That would be the topic you freak.

Keep in mind that the y looks like a v

Mine looks more like an X.

phoenix-eye
08-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Are the black shoes likely to become a standard feature or are they collectors items? (chants of ebay....ebay......ebay.... growing in the background ;) )

Reason for asking is a lot of the fashion victims at my class don't like the white shoes as they clash with their black pants. They would "love" the black ones.....

What's the story Gene?

PE

Pk_StyLeZ
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
lolz
seriously i would buy some black feiyue just to help support you gene and this forum and all
but i got like 30 pairs of feiyue shoes at home waiting to be worn..=)
im set to train for a good 2-3 years before i need to buy another big shipment..=)

spaz_dragon
08-11-2004, 07:39 PM
hahah, no problem gene!!! ;) glad i could help!

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 08:59 PM
to cut it short .if they didn't come from mma.yiu're more than likely buying an inferior version .................

;)

Gene : on glam wear and feiyue...guess you jus never seen a funky haired, flowey evening dress, teamed with a feiyue and good posture ha :P :D ;)

I can carry it off it...........and yourself ...............

GeneChing
08-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Scythefall: Are they used? If they're not used, then it's possible. That's really weird. I can't fathom how that might have happened. They are from the Feiyue factory tho, since that's all we deal with. It must have been one of the other label versions that they produce that somehow fell into our shipment. I'll mention it to our buyer in hopes that we can prevent it happening again.

phoenix-eye: This is a permanent addition - at least as permanent as anything from China. We got a large initial order, and will get more when that runs our.

Pk_StyLeZ: Dude, that's a lot of shoes. We should start calling you ImeldaMarcos_StyLeZ. :p

spaz_dragon: It's good to have you on the forum. The women of this forum are a tougher breed and I'm really glad to have added a few more with the last tournaments. It's like icing on the cake.

blooming lotus: Don't be a tease. Post a pic. We all want to see a funky haired, flowey evening dress, teamed with a feiyue and good posture lotus girl. ;)

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 10:16 AM
lol.you should see the outfit I climbed songshan in...........

retrospectively, not the greatest choice....... glammest dressed chick on the mountain that day ;).............. though those blue greys were kinda flash for a touros' eye

ps. what was our payment arrangement for pics for the mag??......... I'd nearly do it for a subscription :P ;)

GeneChing
08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Send pics first. Then we can talk arrangement. Although all we ever do for models is TFP trade.

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 05:43 PM
kinda keeping a low profile at the moment, but thx all the same ;)

Pk_StyLeZ
08-12-2004, 07:48 PM
UR QUOTE

Pk_StyLeZ: Dude, that's a lot of shoes. We should start calling you ImeldaMarcos_StyLeZ. :p

sorrie gene...but i dont understand the joke or anything...maybe im too tired right now from training..lolz...i will read it agian tommarow and maybe i will understand then...lolz
but ya i have a lot of shoes.....but then again..i break them in 2-3 months..=)

norther practitioner
08-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Imelda Marco had a lot of shoes..

blooming lotus
08-13-2004, 04:13 AM
ahhh......but did she have feiyues????..........now there's an add campaign ;)

norther practitioner
08-13-2004, 04:24 AM
No, but I bet she could trade a few pairs for the factory...

Pk_StyLeZ
08-13-2004, 05:25 AM
o i see...now i know why i didnt get it..i had no idea who imelda marcos was...lolz

GeneChing
08-13-2004, 01:55 PM
...you just gotta ask the right questions - Imelda's shoe museum (http://www.geocities.com/filipinoculture/shoes.html)

spaz_dragon
08-13-2004, 04:46 PM
yay, i'm part of the icing! i hope it's chocolate, lol. thx for the welcome message gene :)

spaz_dragon
08-13-2004, 04:51 PM
and WOW, that woman has a LOOOOOOOT of shoes! i really prefer the feivue's though, they wear out in 2-3 months (depending on how many sweeps we do), instead of every two weeks, with the other brands, that is. well, we train on carpet, and i train almost every day too, lol. yay, feivue!!!

GeneChing
08-13-2004, 05:41 PM
yay, i'm part of the icing! i hope it's chocolate, lol. You can be whatever flavor of icing you like, my friend. This is a web forum so we all to choose our icing flavors freely.

blooming lotus
08-13-2004, 05:49 PM
2-3 mths???.......... in name of advocation, I 'll agree. but I did once do a seminar with a monk touring from shaolin - si, and his feiyues were the dirtiest most comfortable looking shoes I ever saw in my life.............. go figure........... but they will hold a lil longer if you need them to ...just lucky they're cheap enough to replace weekly if you really want ;)

Pk_StyLeZ
08-13-2004, 07:45 PM
heard a monk can get feiyue shoes for like 5 yuan in china
cheap mang
dat like bout 50 cent amercan dollars lolz

spaz_dragon
08-13-2004, 09:06 PM
i know! so cheap there!!! if i ever make it over to china, i'm gonna bring back a suitcase full of shoes, lol.

Pk_StyLeZ
08-13-2004, 10:41 PM
dat wat i sort of did...but then the shippin and handling is a lot....and i also got taxed for bring too much of the same item bak..sux...

spaz_dragon
08-14-2004, 09:42 AM
aiyaaaaa. shipping and handling claims another victim. well, at least the product was cheap, lol.

Pk_StyLeZ
08-14-2004, 10:39 PM
yep...it claimed me..but it was stil cheaper then buying it from the school
so i stil won overall...

spaz_dragon
08-15-2004, 10:03 AM
lol, cool.

blooming lotus
08-17-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
heard a monk can get feiyue shoes for like 5 yuan in china
cheap mang
dat like bout 50 cent amercan dollars lolz

It's true and in some supermarkets here you'll pay no more than 20 yuan... ( less than US$3) :eek: :mad: :cool:

I remember that in Dengfeng they're also doing other colours??
I think red'd be acceptable, yellow's a little too much , and I might even do pink.
Don't want to go crazy here, but Gene??

Q.??

Who here'd do a red Feiyue??

spaz_dragon
08-17-2004, 07:59 AM
OOH OOH, i'd wear red!!!!, lol. :D

GeneChing
08-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah, shoes, clothes, all that stuff is really cheap in China. But what stings you is tariff. To legally bring over items for resale, like shoes, you fall under clothing tariff, which is sort of our government's way to control the free market and justify the outrageous prices for american goods. A lot of companies that are smaller, literally out of their garage, will bring over shoes in their luggage or by other illegal means. Once a company gets big enough, like MartialArtsMart.com (www.martialartsmart.com), well, we get audited EVERY YEAR, so we must be totally over-the-table about every aspect of our business. Those tariff charges do carry over to our customers, but still, we're only talking about a $14 product, so you can see our margin isn't that high really. Compare that to the people selling Feiyues at $20 (or even $40) and they're probably not paying tariff because their too small. Ironically, it would be fairly easy to shut a lot of the smaller companies down - just drop a dime to the authorities and bust them for illegal importing. Not that we'd do that... :eek:

Pk_StyLeZ
08-17-2004, 06:58 PM
14 is a very good price.. i agred 14 is a very good to sell for...i got mines for about 10-11 dollar a pair after all the tariffs
de shan sells it for like 20 or 25 dollars i forgot..havnt brought from him in a long time

do yall ship for free???

spaz_dragon
08-17-2004, 10:08 PM
omg, people actually sell them for $40?!? now that's just too much. i agree though...$14 is a VERY good price! and i thank you guys for that! most places, i see them for $20. :)

GeneChing
08-18-2004, 10:34 AM
But, you can get all sorts of extras when you order from MartialArtsMart (www.martialartsmart.com). We always offer a premium gift (http://www.martialartsmart.net/freegift.html) with orders that reach a certain minimum (changes every month) and you can always get a free back issue (http://www.martialartsmart.net/frekunfumag.html) whenever you order. You can get a free catalog (http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-request-catalog?martialartsmart) too, although we haven't updated that in a while :( and we also have a free drawing (http://www.martialartsmart.net/fredrawcon.html) you can enter.

Who else offers this and authentic black feiyues (and $14 white feiyues)? :cool:

spaz_dragon
08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
no one elses does!...martial arts mart TOTALLY ROCKS, MAN!!!! :D you guys (and girls) are great on many different levels!!!

Starchaser107
08-18-2004, 09:33 PM
What!!!
I could have gotten a free Back Issue!!!

GeneChing
08-19-2004, 10:01 AM
....it always pays to read the fine print...especially on the web. ;) We're always astonished how many people fail to take full advantage of all of the freebiew and premiums we offer. Next time, Starchaser107.

MasterKiller
08-19-2004, 10:06 AM
I have 2 pairs on the way.

What!!!
I could have gotten a free Back Issue!!!

hah hah

GeneChing
08-19-2004, 02:55 PM
The early sales of black feiyues, strictly to forum members in the know, really did help boost up the forum in the eyes of the powers that be here. Good thing too, because the forum (and it's virus magnet aspect) was taking a lot of the blame for another dead firewall computer.

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 04:44 PM
....it always pays to read the fine print...especially on the web. ;) We're always astonished how many people fail to take full advantage of all of the freebiew and premiums we offer. Next time, Starchaser107.
]
i dont know, i didnt ask for one, and they shipped me one anyway :D someone must love me over there :D

GeneChing
08-19-2004, 05:00 PM
That's nice. What issue did you get? Usually, the warehouse picks a specific issue for each month, so don't try it twice in the same month (unless you want two copies of the same issue).

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 06:01 PM
That's nice. What issue did you get? Usually, the warehouse picks a specific issue for each month, so don't try it twice in the same month (unless you want two copies of the same issue).

they gave me the 10th anniversary special, which i ordered like 2 weeks before.... its okay i gave it to my kf brother.

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 07:04 PM
very cool!! free is good at anytime ;)

norther practitioner
08-20-2004, 06:51 AM
LOL

I've gotten mags that you guys don't even make anymore... and, I've gotten like 3 with Cynthia and her hookswords.

GeneChing
08-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Well, I can't explain Cynthia (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=54) - that's just funny dumb luck. BTW, as an aside, I think that was Design Sifu's first cover layout here. As for the 10th Anniversary (http://www.martialartsmart.net/kf10yearanni1.html) issue, guilty as charged. We do give that one out a lot. We ran an extra big print of those to do just that.