PDA

View Full Version : how many classes do you attend in a week? how many hours is each class?

wingchunwsl
07-03-2001, 07:18 AM
i have classes once a week right now. three hours each time. i'm thinking of going twice a week right now. how many classes do you take a week and how long is each class? thanks. ;)

kungfu cowboy
07-03-2001, 07:30 AM
Class is four times a week. Three are 3 hours, one is 2 hours. I try to go to three.

E Pluribus Rectum

Wei Sui
07-03-2001, 07:56 AM
3-4 times a week (depending if sifu decides to have extra class on Sat) 2 hrs each.

I go at least 3 times a week.

Dai yut tow dai :)

Armin
07-03-2001, 08:58 AM
Well, I have five classes per week for 1 1/2 hours in the evening and 6 or 7 classes for 2 hours in the morning (that's my private-training for forms, stepping, punching, etc.).

Armin.

jesper
07-03-2001, 10:10 AM
Im fortunately to live near a school which is open from 0900 to 2100 with new classes every 2 hours :) 5 days a week. And from 1000 to 1600 every weekend.
Unfortunately Im only able to train 3 days a week, for 2 hours :(

greyseal
07-03-2001, 05:49 PM
Wow. Three hour classes? Two hour classes? My classes are three times a weeek, but only for an hour each. Maybe I'm at the Reader's Digest school or something! This intrigues me. So let me ask you all what you practice in yopur classes. We do warm ups/Wing Chun basics,i.e. punches, shifting, elbow strikes, gon sau, tan sau, kwan sau, Chung kuen, etc, and then either work on our forms, chin na, or two man drills for the remaining 45 minutes. How about at your schools?

logic
07-03-2001, 06:21 PM
3 classes a week 2 hour classes.Doing the normal Kung Fu stuff.Stretching,basic punches,kicks,blocks,elbow strikes,etc.Take downs,sparring,forms,iron dummy.It's cool. :)

Honest Neutral Clearity

bratok304
07-03-2001, 07:28 PM
I have 4 times a week, 2 hours each. :D

Abstract
07-04-2001, 05:36 PM
4 times a week, 2 hours per class, though I usually make it 'bout 3 times a week. When I can't get to class, I just make sure I spend a minimum of an hour practicing at home. ;)

TzuChan
07-04-2001, 09:46 PM
Let me tell uou guys something, you guys are the luckiest people from the world. I have been looking for a school nearby (nearby is like in the range of 30 km!!) and find NOTHING ! And now I found this school, but they only give a class once a week (at least that's the only time I can get there) and one in the weekend, but I can catch only one of em, it's a 3 hours class. I don't know if it's any good. But my desire to practice Wing Chun is reaching it's friggin' climax :) This very week-end I'm going to check a class out and hope for the best. God****ed doesn't anybody knows a descent Wing Chun school near Brussels (Belgium) ? :(

Wing Chun is h o l l y

JasBourne
07-04-2001, 10:26 PM
4 - 5 times a week, 1 to 1 1/2 hours per class. Students warmup and cooldown individually before and after class. Nothing done in class that can be done at home alone (i.e. forms practice, calisthenics, etc). Curriculum is fast, no dead time. Believe me, an hour or so is plenty! :)

--------------------------------------
"The meek may inherit the earth, but meanwhile, the loud and obnoxious will give them all wedgies!" - Curtis Candy

OdderMensch
07-04-2001, 11:49 PM
our class runs in a simmilar fashion. for me its 2 - 3.5 classes per week + 2- 1.5 hour classes.

we do warm up stretching on our own and a quick set as a group then its all class time.

I've heard my Sifu say, you arn't here for a work out, you're here to learn Kung Fu.

The irony is when i went to the class for the first time i was looking for a "workout" of some sort :) . then i got hooked. I wasn't even looking fo WC. BTW i'm in much better shape then i was 2 years ago and ive just started doing dome extra curricular exercises.

Tzu`Chan -
Bummer. I always thought threre were a billion WT schools over there. I totaly lucked out finding a Wing Chun kung fu master in FORT WORTH TEXAS of all places.

Scott
07-05-2001, 12:22 AM
You guys go alot longer than me ;) 2 times a week, two hours each.

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

wongfeilung809
07-05-2001, 06:48 AM
i go to "class" 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, and on saturday i doin some kali and some more wing chun, totaling 5 hours on saturday.... ive done that for about two years now, now i go about 4-5 days a week four hours a day
simpleangles

wongfeilung809
07-05-2001, 07:03 AM
oh btw , the class is structured the first hour, the "workout", you really sweat then ever hour after that you use more refined technquie hard to explain, lets say in the begining we do step and punches, bring out the pads kick till we drop and and very basic class, lots of turning and stance work, then the next hour work on the bridges some trapping leg and hand, then the third hour all chi sao, the fourth one, all chi gerk. i go to college with my younger kung fu brother so when were not doin homework we do some chi sao,or some drills....
simpleangles